Sunday, April 16, 2006

CAN NEW BRUNSWICKERS TRULY RESPECT TANKER AS SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE???


tanker, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me but during the last 48 hours but I’m a little down and I don’t feel like bloggling.

I must try to write my views and observation on the issue of Tanker Malley!

It all began on Wednesday afternoon.

I was in the hallway of the Legislature and the media was all in the area.

Tanker came out the door and I approached him about the issue of Kirk MacDonald.

I found it very funny when Tanker warned everyone in the House that he would not tolerate personal attacks.

Seconds later, Kirk MacDonald stood up and as the true ADHD individual that he is. He made fun of the waist line of Kelly Lamrock and also his own.

STC_0523
Picture 012

My God? It sure was funny to see Tanker’s reaction on this one?

Especially the waist line part!!!...lol….

I chatted with Tanker for around 45 seconds and he continued on his merry way but slowed down just a little for Carl Davis a reporter from the Irving media who point blank asked Tanker- Are you going to run as an Independent in the next Provincial Election?

All the people in the media were all spread out and it was just like showdown in the Western days.

They stood their ground waiting to see how Tanker would answer?

Slowly but surely, they closed in on Tanker with their tape recorders.

1-tanker

Minutes later, Tanker was gone.

Picture 062

The news of the day on Wednesday was Frank Branch!!!

Everyone wanted to know about the other independent MLA and not Tanker.

tank and frank

The day went by and I knew that Frank would be confronted in the morning big times of the reason he took the trip to Montreal with Premier Bernard Lord?

I felt bad for Frank but that’s politics I guess?

Thursday came and I was told that the issue of Ritalin was going to be brought up on the floor of the Legislature.

Maybe the media would cover the debate?

Sorry…that was not going to happen because of other news that day.

I walked down in the Cafeteria and Abel LeBlanc was sitting down.

He looked like someone who has just seen a ghost.

He asked me if I heard the news?????

The story was that Tanker stood up and announced that he was rejoining the P.C. Party!

STB_0508

I also almost sat down!!! What the hell is going to happen next????

I went upstairs and there was poor Frank Branch walking all alone.

I predicted that the media would hunt down this guy like crazy but I was wrong!!!

I chatted with Frank and told him that I heard his little speech in the House.

STB_0774

He said that he went to church to lite up a candle and that was that!

I asked - What else did you do in Montreal?

He flatly told me - As I told a reporter this morning? I didn’t go to any strip clubs!!!

Well? That was the end of that conversation! ..lol….

The media were like vultures!!! They wanted to talk to the man of the hour and that person was Tanker!!!

It’s funny how things can change in a space of 24 hours eh?

Tanker didn’t come out but instead Bernard Lord himself face the media with a little smile.

STF_0114

You would have believed that the first question of business would have been the Premier’s trip to Montreal?

Nope!!! The issue was Tanker!!!

What I found funny was once the media surrounded the Premier. The Sargeant At Arms Dan Bussiere and Tanker quickly entered a door and very quickly walked by the media scrum and right to his office.

dan

It would have been funny to see what would have happen if the media weren’t interviewing the Premier?

Would they have shouted questions at Tanker?

Would have they respected the protocol???

Good question?

Once Bev Harrison walked in the hallway, everyone was quiet but in Tanker’s case?

sharriso

It’s different and who’s fault is this anyway?

Abel LeBlanc was in the Hallway and he looked very upset with this situation.

He knows it’s not right but what can he say?

Absolutely nothing!!!! It's so crazy that it could make a person jump off the bridge!!!

STC_0198

This is not this former Labour style???

He’s used to speak up on any issue that he feels is not right!!!!

Tanker publicly told Abel LeBlanc that he did wrong to write a letter to the editor about the speaker and turns around and pulls a stunt like this one????

So? Everyone has a week to calm down but I truly believe that Tanker has lost the respect he had from the Liberals.

The House was in a huge battle ground from both political parties.

The P.C.’s were telling me that Shawn Graham is power hungry!!!

The Liberals do not agree that Tanker should be the speaker of the House!!!

t

It was a mad house!!!!

What’s going to happen in a week from now???

Myself? I give up!!! No columnist, reporter, bloggers or political watchers can predict what’s going to happen next in New Brunswick’s politics!

I predicted an election in the spring but I was wrong!

But who’s knows what’s going to happen!

I guess we’ll never see this again on the Government website-

Miramichi-Bay du Vin, Electoral District 12
MICHAEL MALLEY (I)

But who truly knows???? God know what's going to happen next in the Capital?

STA_0628

Does anyone dares to write their views on this issue?

lord

Go ahead and Bonne Chance!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Frenchie you know as well as I what is up
love and kisses Dave