Sunday, October 08, 2006

ONE PISSED OFF RESIDENT FROM SAINT JOHN!!!


irving3
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Again the residents of Red Head are being stomped on by Irving.

First the LNG. The hundreds of trucks traveling the road is destroying what is left of it. Sure, he was generous to "build" a new road..but the writing is now on the wall..he had an alterior motive..another refinery.
There are hundreds of families in Red Head. I personally have lived here for 40 years.

We have been told that he wants all the property from Anthony's Cove to Mispec. Already he has purchased a large portion of the Cove.

What will happen with the prestine Mispec Beach?

Yes, to those who say we need the jobs, I agree...but why not plunk this project in your backyard..in Rothesay or Quispamsis?

Better still...put it somewhere away from the homes of people who have lived there all their lives. Irving has already been surveying around by home...and I have been told it is just a matter of time...but I have also heard the offers and they are NOT reasonable.

How will I be able to replace what I have..3 acres of over 300feet of waterfront property..only 10 minutes from town. One acre lots are going for $50,000 in Millidgeville.

Irving has closed off all media sources..CFBC and the newspaper.

Saint Johner's are now only puppets on a string. If I am forced to move..I will go kicking...but I will also leave the City of Saint John as I no longer respect those who are running it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As an east Saint Johner I call bull on this punk. I doubt they are from Red Head, its probably just some hippy or bum who hates corporations. Why not put it in Rothesay? maybe because the ocean going vessels that transport crude areb't in Rothesay.

What'll happen to the prestine beach? It will be frequented less by tourists and locals who exploit it for their pleasure. They are no better than Irving, just smalled scale.

Anonymous said...

Tourists and locals 'exploit' their beaches? Gee, isn't it time we shut down all the cities and parks because of the exploiters-New Brunswickers.

Anonymous said...

Yes. We shouldn't be walking on beaches and eroding them. And cities are horrible for the environment.

Anonymous said...

mispec beach on a hot summer day

so crowded when they have more than 3 people and the water is so cooooooold icicles forms on your bathing suit