Sunday, April 29, 2007

FATHER EMERY BRIEN WILL LEAVE FREDERICTON AT THE END OF JULY!!!!


IMG_3082
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
I don’t really feel like blogging but I must give my views on this awful news I received this morning.

As for the past four years, I woke up and went to location where Father Brien has been picking me up every Sunday for Church.

This morning, he told me that he was leaving at the end of July for Cap Pele.

Once he told me the sad news, I had tears in my eyes.

We all knew this day would arrive but I still took it hard.

He also told the Church congregation that he was leaving.

IMG_4985IMG_4973



Pere Brien has been my backbone ever since I arrive in the Capital in 2003.

The funny part was? I believe he was stationed in Nova Scotia.

I visited him once in the Yarmouth area and we always had a close-knit relationship from the days he came into my life when I was in the 4th Grade in Memramcook.

I’m not a born again freak but I believe twe’re all here for a reason.

I had millions of conversations with Father Brien and I admire the guy for his patience with me.

I will never forget one chat.


It happened more than one year ago. I was very angry.

I approached Father Brien < In French > The conversation went like this - So? Our faith is once again being tested??? < I could tell by Father Brien expression he was saying to himself - Now what??? >...lol...

A couple of months ago. Father Daniel Thivierge < an ordained Priest > found out that he had Cancer.


Picture 028Father1



He died a couple months later at a very young age of 31 years old!

I went on - A couple of weeks ago, the Fredericton Soup Kitchen was broken into.

Juanita McKnight who worked for 92.3 FM raised close to $17,000.00 for the Soup Kitchen.



Picture 041j



Well? Last night she got hit by a car and died.

A single mother of three kids dead at the age of 31 years old!!!

I got angrier and said - BUT ASSH@OLES LIKE ME STICKS AROUND????

Poor Father Brien he never said a word.

I wasn’t done. Not by a long shot!!!!

I continued - Now??? If there’s no life after death??? What I’m doing is a total waste of time and energy and you Sir??? You have missed out on one hell of a good party!!!!

Poor Father Brien....he never said a word.

I still wasn’t done.

I went on - After saying this? What’s the odds of moi Charles LeBlanc finding out that I have ADHD around seven years ago. I have no kids of own!! < Thank God for that!!!! >

There’s a major problem of the way our kids are being drugged.

I end up in the Capital and the Politicians and bureaucrats have to see my ugly face every single day and my best friend is the Priest that I was known for over 40 years!

Is there life after death? Don't worry about it!!! There is!!! ..lol

It’s sure nice to chat issues with a Priest that you have known for such a long time. It makes the conversation more open.

Yes my backbone will leave the Capital forever at the end of July and it’s sad but I’m happy for Pere Brien because he’s going to be transferred to the area of Cap Pele.

He was born in the Acadian Village of Shemogue and it’s a well deserve reward for this near Saint Priest who have helped so many.

What I truly found amazing this morning was after he announced is departure?

The song that ended the service was - Merveilleux!!!!

That song was made famous from a group called Le Goupe rythme de Memramcook.



Pere Emery BrienIMG_8792IMG_9368



It always been my favorite and I find it fitting they played the song on a sad day for me.

But all things are not that rosy at l’église Sainte-Anne-des-Pays-Bas but those awful stories will have to wait till Father Brien leaves the Capital.



Picture 045


Stay tuned.....

How am I going to react once reality sets in that he’s not around?

Who truly knows?

I know that I will treasure his words of wisdom during the next few months because I know it’ll be the last chance for me to listen of the way he preached.

It’s going to be emotional but life goes on. My God? I even have tears in my eyes while finishing this little blog.

C’est la vie!!!!

Bonne Chance Pere Brien.

Je t’aime beaucoup!!!!


IMG_5071IMG_4946

1 comment:

Michael G. McKay said...

I feel bad as well I met Fr. Brian many times in fact, I was pleased to meet him when he served as Chaplain for our KNights of Columbus Fourth Degree Assembly the Dr. G. Everett Grant Assembly here in the Capital City of Fredericton. Fr. Brian is a Good and kind man I will miss him as well. Charlie Please let Frather Brian I love the Cross, I wear it all the time.

It is great when we have good and decent people cross our path in life and I believe that Rev. Fr. Emory Brian is one of these good and kind and decent people.\


God love you Fr. Brian. and along life and good health to you always.

Pax Domine