Saturday, March 19, 2005

AROUND 150 PEOPLE SHOWED UP FOR PEACE RALLY!!!!!!

At around 1:00pm. I showed up at the peace rally in front of City Hall in Fredericton.
I would say there must have been 150 people present.
Many of these people were young citizens who truly believe in peace.
Protester after protester would climb the stairs at City Hall and give a speech!
The organiser would asked – Is there anyone else who which to speak? Come on up and speak out!
Guess what?





Charles LeBlanc kept his big mouth shut! < Pretty hard to believe eh? >…lol…
The Raging Grannies showed up and began to sing to the audience and I might add that they were pretty good! They are very good!
From 150 people? I would say that maybe only ten poor people showed up for free food!
Mind you, the poor in this city are very well fed!
Don’t forget, if the same protest would have been located in Saint John? I would guess that people in the hundreds would show up for their free meals because the Soup Kitchen in Saint John only feeds the poor once day and this is not enough for a person to eat!
Ok…I am just rambling here but I would just like to tell you that 150 people showed up and this is good for the fight for peace.
How many people showed up for the peace protest in your City?
Please leave me a note.
Are you for or against the war in Iraq???? Don’t be afraid to leave a comment! Bye bye…..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great,,,,I'm glad that you had a wonderful turnout!!!

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Not bad for a small City....