Sunday, August 19, 2007
What is this guy doing these days???
Barbers used to be the information highway but no more!!!!
I hate to admit it but my Father was a barber for 30 years and politics or the going ons in the Village was always debated in the Barber Shop.
I believe this is where I learned about politics but those days are gone with the information highway!
Barbers now get the news from Bloggers but since I'm ban for life from the New Brunswick Legislature by the Quebec Security Staff?
Well, I can still get some news from the Barbers..
DOGS ARE TRULY MAN BEST FRIEND!!!!
Enjoying the Saint John River in Fredericton....
I PREDICT AT LEAST ONE DEATH AT MONTEBELLO QUEBEC!!!
The small town of Montbello will be a war zone during the next three days.
By the ignorance of Stephen Harper and George Bush? All hell will breal loose in Quebec.
I pray that I'm wrong on this one but I predict at least one death!!!!
Go to blog search and write protest in Quebec. Bloggers will tell the rest of the world the going ons in the small town of Montebello.
Canada suffers 67th military death in Afghanistan; first Van Doo to die!!!!
1 hour, 52 minutes ago
By Martin Ouellet
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (CP) - The Royal 22nd Regiment suffered its first death in Afghanistan on Sunday in a clash with insurgents west of Kandahar city.
Pte. Simon Longtin, 23, of Longueuil, Que., on Montreal's south shore, died when his light-armoured vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb at 1:40 a.m..
There was a firefight between Canadian troops and insurgents after the explosion, but no other Canadians were injured in the exchange of gunfire or in the roadside blast, military officials said.
A military spokesman said Longtin was on escort duty for a resupply convoy and was returning to Kandahar Air Base when the convoy was attacked five kilometres east of the village of Masum Ghar.
Sixty-seven Canadian soldiers and one diplomat have now died since Ottawa began its military mission in Afghanistan in 2002. But Longtin is the first member of the famed Valcartier, Que.,-based Van Doos to be killed in a war that is particularly unpopular in Quebec.
The 2,300 members of the Van Doos began their six-month tour in Afghanistan at the end of July. Longtin had been stationed in Kandahar since July 30.
Col. Christian Juneau, deputy commander of the Canadian joint task force, said Longtin was evacuated by helicopter from the scene of the attack but was dead on arrival at the military hospital in Kandahar.
"It's almost like losing a brother," Juneau said. "We're a big family here, brothers in arms, and it's not just a statement that we take lightly in the military. So it really touches every one of us pretty deeply. But we'll mourn, we'll pay respects to the family and our fallen comrade and we'll carry on with the mission."
Sunday's attack was the third attack on Canadians in a week.
Last Sunday, five soldiers were injured when their RG-31 vehicle hit a roadside bomb on the same road as Sunday's fatal blast.
And on Friday, two Edmonton-based soldiers were slightly injured when an armoured tracked vehicle was struck by a similar improvised explosive device, or IED.
The last time Canadians died in Afghanistan was on July 4, when five soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb while travelling in an LAV just west of Kandahar.
Juneau said the military makes every attempt to safeguard its troops.
"We protect our soldiers the best way we can through training, providing them with equipment that is probably some of the best in the world," he said.
"But we cannot foresee every event, every type of explosive, every threat the enemy is throwing at us."
In a statement, Prime Minister Stephen Harper expressed his condolences to the dead soldier's family while lauding Longtin's courage and determination, saying his sacrifice will help bring long-term stability and peace to Afghanistan.
"Pte. Longtin displayed resolve and courage in serving his country (and) his family and friends can be proud of him because he was playing a very important role in a very challenging environment," Harper said in a statement issued in Ottawa.
"In marking the 65th anniversary of the Dieppe Raid, we pay tribute to the soldiers of our past. The sacrifices of soldiers like Pte. Longtin carry on this legacy today, helping to bring stability and peace to parts of the world plagued by turmoil and upheaval."
Longtin's death could have ramifications back home in Quebec where a recent poll indicated that 70 per cent of the population does not approve of Canadian troops being involved in Afghanistan. Juneau said the debate over the mission is better left to the politicians.
"The important thing is to have the support of the population of Quebec as we do from Canada," Juneau said.
The last week has been a bloody one in Kandahar. In addition to the attacks on Canadian soldiers, there have been numerous other attacks on civilians and police.
On Saturday, the Taliban released a statement from their leader Mullah Omar calling for Afghans to wage a jihad against foreign troops.
However, the attacks have not shaken the resolve of Canadian soldiers to continue their reconstruction mission, said Chief Warrant Officer Pierre Marchant.
"We will not be terrorized," said Marchant, although he was visibly shaken by the death of Longtin.
Gov. Gen. Michaelle Jean said she was saddened to hear of Longtin's death, adding in a statement that the young soldier wore the uniform with pride and was convinced of the necessity of supporting the Afghan population.
Jean said her thoughts went out to Longtin's family.
"Today, all Canadians join together with them to grieve," Jean said.
Got the story from -
Scott Brison got married!!!!
Click below for more info -
Maudit Quebecois Dan Bussieres and security continue to destroy the New Brunswick Legislature????
Playing for a few bucks in the Fredericton Downtown area......
Couple from the States enjoying Fredericton.....
Sad at first but with a happy ending.......
I approached this woman and she quickly gave the kid hers.....Everyone was happy!!!