Saturday, April 22, 2006
DID ROGERS TELEVISION BLOCK ME???
It was brought up to my attention that readers who has Rogers cable internet haven't received any emails from me in weeks!!!
If you're on my list? Please tell me if you have been receiving my daily updates?
FOUR CANADIAN SOLDIERS KILLED IN AFGHANISTAN!!!
I say that we should get the hell out of that country!!!!
How many more Canadians have to be killed before we get the message????
Click here for more on this sad story -
WHY ARE THE IRVINGS GOING AGAINST TANKER MALLEY????
NB Telegraph-Journal | Editorials
As published on page A7 on April 22, 2006
This Speaker must resign
When the legislature resumes sitting Tuesday, one issue will dominate: whether Tanker Malley should sit as Speaker.
He should not - and the most persuasive argument why he should not is the impact his apparent deal-making has had on political debate.
Tankerpalooza has edged out concerns about rising gas and electricity prices, job losses, nursing home fees and overcrowded classrooms as the leading topic of discussion. The MLA's actions and the government's reactions have brought the legislature to a standstill, at a time when these issues and a host of others require action.
What Mr. Malley and the Tory government have done is permissible within the rules of the legislature. But the blatant political bartering they have engaged in is distasteful. Across the province, people are saying the government gave in to unreasonable demands for the sake of clinging to power. At least one Conservative MLA has echoed these concerns, accusing Mr. Malley of blackmail.
It is clear Mr. Malley has lost the confidence of the majority of MLAs and the majority of New Brunswickers. If he remains Speaker, it will bring further disrespect to that distinguished and impartial office, to the legislature, and to the province as a whole - a shame that Premier Bernard Lord and the government must share.
€¢ Mr. Malley made outrageous demands as the price of his support for the government, and left the Tory party when they were not met. These demands allegedly included a promotion for himself, a job for a friend, a judgeship for another friend, and new funding for his riding.
€¢ He sought and won election as Speaker. By parliamentary tradition, the Speaker must vote with the government for the sake of continuing debate. By allowing Mr. Malley, an Independent, to seek the Speaker's chair unopposed, the government was able to take his free vote out of play and convert it to a government vote. Mr. Malley also received the perks accorded the Speaker's chair - a higher salary, a larger office and a government vehicle.
€¢ Having effectively preserved the government's voting majority in the legislature, Mr. Malley announced he would return to the Tory caucus, ensuring the government would also enjoy a majority on legislative committees. And why wouldn't he? The majority of his demands were met, including a promotion for himself, a job for his friend "Judy", and more money for his riding.
€¢ In defiance of the tradition that Speakers keep a low political profile, Mr. Malley has been bragging about his importance to the Conservative government. In recent interviews with Miramichi media, he has claimed he was responsible for key elements in the Conservative budget, unveiled while he was sitting as an Independent and serving as Speaker.
Mr. Malley has claimed Miramichi will receive new government spending as a result of his floor-crossing. Miramichiers appear to be reaping the benefits, judging from the more than $1.5 million in funding Conservatives announced in the region Thursday.
This is not the sort of behaviour New Brunswickers expect from the highest officer of the legislature, or from the premier and his cabinet. It makes a mockery of the ideal of responsible government.
Mr. Malley has not done his constituents any favours, either. Thanks to his involvement, the government's decision to fund important and legitimate projects, such as water and sewage repair, has been tainted with the appearance of patronage. As long as Mr. Malley is involved in funding announcements, New Brunswick taxpayers will wonder whether Miramichiers are getting their just rewards, or just getting rewarded.
Mr. Malley should resign, allowing a new election for Speaker to be held. And, in the name of integrity, it must be done under the watchful public eye of a free vote.
Tankerpalooza has gone on long enough - far beyond its 15 minutes of fame, or the borders of political gamesmanship.
It's time to cancel the show.
ACCESS TO JUSTICE????
Would you call it a fair legal system?
- if you were imprisoned for over 20 years for a murder you did not commit
- if a parole officer circulated false reports making serious and unfounded allegations against you, resulting in longer and harsher prison time
- if you had to wait until parole, about a quarter-century later, to be in a safe enough position to take legal action against this parole officer
- if your lawyer then represented your case inadequately, could not take it to trial because he failed to pay his dues, instead disappeared with your file, and yet was not held accountable by the Law Society
- if you were too poor to afford another lawyer, and could not find a lawyer to take your case for free or on a percentage basis
- if the only legally trained advocate available to help you was not allowed by the Law Society to do so because he was not a lawyer, and yet was not allowed by the Law Society to become a lawyer because of his legal activism
- if one of the people making this decision about your advocate was in a clear conflict of interests, as the lawyer representing the parole officer
- if the Law Society, Legal Aid, the Justice Minister, and the Court, despite these circumstances, all refused to ensure proper legal representation for you
For additional information:
Vaughn Barnett, the Advocacy Collective
Phone/Fax (506) 457-4559
FREDERICTON CITY HALL SHOULD HAVE MORE PRIDE FOR THE NEW BRUNSWICK FLAG!!!!
ADHD PREACHER HAS A BLOG SITE!!!!!
TANKER MALLEY'S ASSISTANT NICK BROWN ASKING FOR GUIDANCE FOR NEXT WEEK'S SHOWDOWN AT THE NEW BRUNSWICK LEGISLATURE??????
It's going to be a war in there!!!!!
WILL TONY HUNTJENS APOLOGIZES TO THE HOUSE ON TUESDAY????
A supporter made this banner for my blog.....What do you think????
THEN THE LITTLE CHILDREN WERE BROUGHT TO HIM THAT
HE MIGHT PUT HIS HANDS ON THEM AND PRAY, BUT THE
DISCIPLES REBUKED THEM. BUT JESUS SAID, "LET THE
LITTLE CHILDREN COME TO ME, AND DO NOT FORBID THEM,
FOR OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN." AND HE LAID
HIS HANDS ON THEM AND DEPARTED FROM THERE.
( MATTHEW 19:13-15 *NJKV )
Now it is well known how much Jesus loves little
children, so today I will share with you a message that I
have received from one of our Subscribers. For we know
that out of the mouths of babes' come amazing things!
Now if you know the Bible - even a little - you'll find this
hilarious! It comes from a Christian elementary school;
kids were asked questions about the Old & New Testaments.
Hopefully, this was a Kindergarten Class!
The following statements about the Bible were written by
the children; they have not been retouched or corrected
(i.e. incorrect spelling has been left in.)
1. In the first book of the bible, Guinessis, God got
tired of creating the world, so he took the Sabbath off.
2. Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree. Noah's
wife was called Joan of Ark. Noah built an ark, which the
animals come on in pears.
3. Lot's wife was a pillar of salt by day, but a ball of
fire by night.
4. The Jews were a proud people and throughout history
they had trouble with the unsympathetic Genitals.
5. Samson was a strongman who let himself be led astray
by a Jezebel like Delilah.
6. Samson slayed the Philistines with the axe of the
7. Moses led the Hebrews to the Red Sea, where they made
unleavened bread which is bread without any ingredients
8. The Egyptians were all drowned in the dessert.
Afterwards, Moses went up on Mount Cyanide to get the ten
9. The first commandment was when Eve told adam to eat
10. the seventh commandment is thou shalt not admit
11. Moses died before he ever reaches Canada. Then Joshua
led the Hebrews in the battle of Geritol.
12. The greatest miracle in the Bible is when Joshua told
his son to stand still and they obeyed him.
13. David was a Hebrew king skilled at playing the liar.
He fought with the Finklesteins, a race of people who
lived in Biblical times.
14. Solomon, one of David's sons, had 300 wives and 700
15. When Mary heard that she was the mother of Jesus, she
sang the Magna Carta.
16. When the three wise guys from the east side arrived,
they found Jesus in the manager.
17. Jesus was born because Mary had an immaculate
18. St. John the blacksmith dumped water on his head.
19. Jesus enunciated the Golden Rule, which says to do
one to others before they do one to you. He also
explained, a man doth not live by sweat alone.
20. It was a miracle when Jesus rose from the dead and
managed to get the tombstone off the entrance.
21. The people who followed the lord were called the 12
22. The epistles were the wives of the apostles.
23. One of the opossums was St. Matthew who was also a
24. St. Paul cavorted to Christianity. He preached holy
acrimony, which is another name for marriage.
25. Christians have only one spouse. This is called
With My Love & Prayers,
[ Prayer Requests---Contact Us---Bible Study---*Donations* ]
[ Audio---Subscribe---Change of Address---Unsubscribe ]
Apostle Paul Ministries, P O Box 55996, Hayward, CA 94545
(c) Copyright 2006 by Apostle Paul Ministries