Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Lets try and help Charles Out - WCIE

I have been doing some spring cleaning and come across an old computer that I no longer use. The computer is in working condition but I had removed some parts to build another computer for a close friend. I would like to build this system up to give to Charles to help in his blogging efforts but need some parts to finish the system.


The computer is an HP/Compaq Desktop with an Intel Celeron 500MhZ processor with 128megs of ram and a 15gig HD. I would like to give this computer to Charles but need a few pieces to complete this system and give it a fresh start with a mild upgrade.

These are the parts that I need to make it work:

colour monitor,
keyboard and mouse,
cd rom drive,

These are the parts I wish to upgrade with to make it more compatible and useable today:

PCI or USB wireless networking card,
More 168 pin Ram 128megs - 256 megs.

Used or new are both appreciated equally.

If you can donate a few dollars, used or new parts please email me and let me know. I am certain Charles would apprciate having the internet at his place to keep us updated on the comings and goings associated with this site.

Regards,
WCIE

oldmaison.wcie@gmail.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As an update to this post.... I certainly hope your joking Charles about people thinking this is a scam... I will provide continual update on the progress of this project and any duplicate parts will be returned and any monies beyond whats needed to get this machine running properly will alos be returned. I do want to pass this on to Charles and will be leaving the capital city in 3 weeks for good. I am moving west but will remian committed to the administration of this site. If, after three weeks this computer is still not ready for Charles I would ask someone from this site in the capital city or near by to pick up this computer and continue trying to piece it back together for I find it important that Charles gets what he needs.

Again, if you would like to contact me please reach me at: oldmaison.wcie@gmail.com

Regards,
WCIE


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I think what you are trying to do for my friend is to be commended I wish you success on this project and I am sure there are quite a few people that visit this site that feel the same way if things weren't so tight with myself and my daughter I would be the first to participate.
Hopefully people will put their differances aside and come on out and help Charlie and again to you a tip of the hat for your unselfish compassion!!

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Hey white collar Irving employee????? You doing this behind me back??? People are going to think this blog site is a scam for $$$$$$$$????? Last year and I still have the 60 dollars that I asked for a blowhorn and I was going to maybe asks for more money but you beat me to it!!! Hey? then again maybe someone will just send you a brand new computer? You never know but can you imagine how much fun that I will have with one in my little room? Blogging blogging blogging...lol

Anonymous said...

HEY Charles that the whole idea!!!
I hope what he's trying to do for you works out!I think you could benifet from it!

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I know he means well but I'm scare that some people might take this issue the wrong way because there are so many scams out there! You know what I mean??? Hey the white collar Irving Employee has all the power because he can shut down this site in a few seconds so therefore I better be nice....lol

Anonymous said...

Listen Charles I think everybody that visits your blogsite pretty well knows your situation and hardships'I can certainly attest to this and I believe that his heart is in the right place as in your cause could probably be better understood on most of your conserns that are bravely passed on to the public at large and I also believe that if you did not have to use most of your time trying to find a place to get the messages out to us your readers you would have ample time to better bring your point across I sincerly which I had the means to help your cause'Keep up your awarenesses and keep us debating them we have to believe that this is the healthiest route to take in this province of what we are coming to know as sencered media!! Freedom of speech shall always provail or doom shall surely follow..

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Yeah maybe you're right because you were over my place and you know my living condition. I know he's trying to help my cause! I was just concern that's all! Thanks for the kind comments!