Thursday, June 23, 2005

NOTHING TO EAT AT THE LEGISLATURE'S CAFERTERIA!!!!!

I’m in Saint John and it was interesting to witness the news on television this evening.

All religious leaders in one group from Nova Scotia speaking out against the VLT’S!

Why not the same action in this Province?

TIM VLT!!!

I’ll leave that one with Tim Smith.

Yes, I had a very hyperactive day. It all started this morning; I had my mindset of what I was going to do for the day.


I had been all ready to for my day to begin until I received an email from an individual asking me if I wanted to have a coffee?

Well? That sort of rushed my plans a little faster.

I ran here and there so I could be on time for my little meeting. Just like an ADHD individual, I was really out of control. I ran here and there.

I remembered yesterday in the Legislature.

I was standing inside the front door and chatting with the Sergeant At Arms until Abel Leblanc walked by.

I asked Abel if < today > was the day they were going to debate the issue of the LNG?

LNG

He told me that it was indeed crunch time and a few people were going to come from Saint John in support of eliminating this deal.

tim and charles

That statement quickly drew the attention from the Sergeant At Arms – Dan Bussieres.

tentbussieres

He asked – They’re coming here in the morning????

I quickly intervened and said - Leave them alone.

abel_leblanc

Abel replied - They’re a good bunch of people.

This morning, I went over to the Legislature and sure enough?

The barricades were all over the place and then I went to my little meeting.

Once at Tim’s, it wasn’t too difficult to see they were people from Saint John because they all had winter jackets on…. LOL…

Later on, I arrived at the Legislature and the protesters asked me if those barricades were always up?

I replied - Hey? We always put them up once we know you’re coming! Lol…

Seriously? This is totally ridiculous because there were only 25 citizens present.

Of course many of them have a life so therefore they have to go to work!

Once inside, the protesters or concerns citizens were upset because the Commissionaire with a little of a bad attitude told them they couldn’t wear any anti LNG in their t-shirts while they were in the Gallery.

canaport

My god? Some of them had to remove their shirt in public or put it inside out!

They could have been given permission to go into a room to change? Sheeshhh….

Myself, I cannot stand being in the Gallery!

I am to hyper for that!

A person cannot write down issues. We have to stand straight and listen to the B.S. on the floor.

While they go on their little show. The MLA’S talk among each other or reads books, newspapers or other hobbies just to past the time.

We the people should be allowed to take notes.

On another interesting note a woman with her Grand Daughter told the Commissionaire they wanted to go down the Cafeteria to have lunch.

The Commissionaire told them that they weren’t allowed.

After a few seconds, he told them that there was no food left!

Can you imagine that one?

I noticed a sign < never seen that in the past > a sign telling the public they weren’t allowed downstairs.

In my view, that’s a little extreme!

These people are not animals. They are fighting for what they believe is unfair practice from the Irving’s bureaucrats in the Capital.

On another funny note, one protester was all depressed because there’s only Irving’s gas station in the Capital so they had to gas up their vehicle in that place.

Charles 04_07_05 080

Hey? I never paid attention to this issue in the past but they are right!

You don’t see too many different gas stations in Fredericton.

The protesters went outside and Stuart Jamieson, Abel Leblanc and Larry Armstrong came over to chat.

I quickly shouted - Would you guys be here if you were in power?

I said it before and I will say it again! I strongly believe that a Liberal Party in power will come out and chat with the Protesters.

Frank McKenna use to do it all the time.

McKennaBushWH050308-m

Good old Frank! Love him or hate him? New Brunswickers always respected the Premier.

Then something really grabed my attention. Brenda Fowlie took the front door to go outside therefore receiving a lot of booing from the protesters. I told the Minister, My god? A minister coming out meeting the protesters. She had a little direct chat and that was it! I reminded the Minister that she take her Ritalin < just like the politcal cartoon below...lol...I alway enjoyes chatting with this Minister.

Charles 04_07_05 060

The issue that I am very upset about is that Rogers Television do not carry the debates on television so therefore there’s no way in the world that New Brunswickers can know what’s going on in the Legislature.

I went to the Hansard Office and told them that I would like to have the transcript of every word that’s being said in the House about the LNG!

I was told that it would take a very long time for them to email me this information.

It could take months!!!

That’s a darn shame but the minute I receive this info? I will post it in this blog so New Brunswickers will know what was said?

I left the Legislature with my driver and I noticed a few MLA’S in front of the Legislature enjoying the nice weather.

I shouted- I’LL BE BACK!!!

I wanted to stick around to listen to Abel Leblanc,s speech but I couldn’t! I will let you know what was said once I receive the info.

So I guess the LNG will be official in a couple of days but this issue will not go away.

You wait till the Council raises the citizens tax rate? It’s going to be a war!

You see? Richard Nixon had to resign because the news media was all over him but in this case?

telegraph2

The Irving’s own the media and there’s no way in the world that a reporter will investigate the Irving’s because they will quickly be replace by the young journalists at Saint Thomas who have already dedicated their life and soul towards the Irving Empire!

irving1

Am I far off the mark? You tell me???

I tried to locate one of the Irvings but to no avail.

irvingoil

Please excuse the style and grammar of this blog because I wrote it very fast and send it on the information Highway! Bye-bye

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Charlie that piece on Nova Scotia and VLT's,
Those Church Spokesmen were from ALL OVER the Maritimes,just thought I'd pass that along! I think this will eventually spill over into New Brunswick as this is a Maritimes Disaster.

Anonymous said...

Just for the sake of accuracy, I live in Fredericton, and fill my car with gas once a week, and haven't used Irving gas for years. There is only one gas station right downtown, and it is Irving, but there's lots of Essos and Ultramars and PetroCanadas around, as close as the Superstore.

Anonymous said...

Last weekend I went to Calais to do some shopping and I noticed that
one of
my friends tire was getting low. She pulled into the Irving and I
could
not believe it but she was charged $1.50US to add air to the tire.
Isn't
that typical of them and I think that it will be just a matter of time
before you see us paying for air. The only difference would be the
taxes
collected because in Maine they charge 5% and in New Brunswick they
charge
15%. Just thought that I would let you know of this gross service
charge.

Anonymous said...

Do not give ideas to Lord Government. Once they find out that they can collect 15% on air then these airheads will go for it. They will ask the gas stations to charge.

Whenever follies of Lord government are pointed out Bernard Lord says it is smear compaign. How can you smear the dirt and heap of crap?

Anonymous said...

What happened to artiste WCIE. Did he quit or Charlie! did you scare him away.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

He's around and I'm ceratin that a new one wil come out soon!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Pretty soon Lord government will tax the air we breathe. It will cost you more in Saint John because Lord government will say it is “value added” air with all that smoke and perfume(like rotten eggs) added to that air.

Anonymous said...

Too true I was in Fredericton in May and got sunburn on my face'When I returned home to Saint John people said to me where in the heck were you to get a burn in May.
I told them I was used to being under the Irving Chemical sheild for so long here in Saint John and you couldn't burn here in the middle of July so I had let my guard down because I had forgotten this only took place in Saint John N.B.
Thus there's no air like this air!!!!

Anonymous said...

The old saying is that we New Brunswickers are very passive. Well I think whomever came up with that one will soon be proven wrong. People are talking who never spoke up efore. People are changing faster then ever.

Passive is going to be a memory in New Brunswick if you ask me. I was
one of those passive people and with everything that has happened to me and so many others in the last few years I can say that I am anything but passive now and I like it this way.

No more walking over me without me
fighting back!! Thats just the way that its going to be from now on.

Anonymous said...

Did you read the Telegraph Journal this morning about the poor old man
thats on welfare who has to hitchhike to the SJRH to receive his chemo treatments. He said that he could not find a drive for the $20.00 that the government gives him for travel. This should not be happening and shame on this government We are all human and deserve the same medical treatments
available whether you are rich or poor. You don't have to be rich to
be loved by someone. Just another reflection of what this government is all about...Another big .BOOOOOOOOOO for the
Conservatives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!