Wednesday, July 06, 2005

GOOD REPORTER IS LEAVING THE CAPITAL FOR HALIFAX!!!!

I found this story funny.

Yesterday while sitting on a cozy bench in the Capital. Someone came to me with some information and said - Blog away!!!..lol…

Global-logo

I feel like these people are the deep throat of the Watergate era.

This infromation was pass to me for the information and the individual quickly left the area.

Hey? Anyway to spread the word among the citizens of New Brunswick..opps… I mean Canada… Sh@t I mean the world!!!

This is not a local Irving newspaper that concentrate in one area to brainwash its citizens of the Irving way!

The is the Information Highway!

Why do I get involved in these issues anyway?

Good question but no clear answer.

It’s a hobby but I wish that I was paid for it!!!...lol….o well? C’est la vie!!!

We the public are not allowed to write critical letters of the Irving Empire and thank God we have the internet.

I learned yesterday that Jacqueline Foster from Global News is leaving the Capital for Halifax.

She’s moving at the end of August.

My first reaction was - My God? First Nicolle Carlin from ATV news left for Halifax and now this?

nicolle

All the pretty ones are leaving for the port city in Nova Scotia. ..lol…

Which brings me to a point of concern that I wanted to write about for a long time.

I got a question?

Do you believe it’s right for a reporter to stay in the Capital for a long period of time?

Especially those Irving employees?

I know it’s hard to believe but these loyal Irving employees are human.

Once they get hired, they will really investigate some of the Government wrong doing but after a while they get really close with the bureaucrats and politicians.

Mind you, they get invited for a coffee < even one was invited for a trip to France with the Premier >

Just yesterday, I had a very heavy debate over the internet with a reporter from the Moncton Transcript who demanded that I remove his name from my email list. He works from the New Brunswick Legislature.

Leg

I told the individual that since he’s the media < especially an Irving employee > He’ll stay on my list!

irving1

I don’t wish to be mean but my job is to educate these Irving reporters of what is going on in this Province.

I told the guy- Hey? It’s very simple? Once you see my name? Just delete me!

He really got angry but I don’t care. I will not take orders from Irving’s employees!

Hey? Look at the time I protested in my tent in front of the Legislature?

The Government told the media- Hey? He’s an idiot! Just ignore him and it will go away!

lord1

Well? I didn’t go away and all the citizens in the Capital couldn’t understand the Daily Gleaner didn’t cover a tent in front of the Legislature.

It took 50 days and it’s very sad but it just re-enforce my point of embedded reporters with the Government.

irving3

Take a close look at the blog I wrote about Bernard Richard making a presentation in front of the Senate? The young reporter who was really rude to me. He never said a word but he totally ignored me!

bernard

Shouldn’t these reporters be in the Capital for no more than a 2 year period?

What do you think? Am I off base here?

On another issue, Tom Young will write his own gossip column in the Telegraph Journal I guess.

telegraph2

Hey? The Irvings will always reward the people who are loyal Irving Employees!

mary

He worked very hard to have Paul Zed elected as MP!

paul zed

You can just imagine what kind of column he’s going to write about?

The scary part of this is that we the public are not allowed to write against his views and this is sad!

Lets see that the Senate will say in a few weeks about the Irving’s monopoly in this Province!

irvin-Emp

Please feel free to leave a comment.

As for Jacqueline Foster from Global News? I wish her the best of luck in her career as a good reporter!

Bonne Chance Jacqueline!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will miss Jackie. She is a fair reporter. I don't agree with you that
Legislature reporters should only stay for a two year period. However,
I
think they should at least have 10 years experience as a reporter,
especially covering muncipal or provincial politics. I also think that
reporters shouldn't be cutting their teeth at the Legislature. Over the
last 10 years, we've seen a huge decline in experienced reporters being
at the Legislature. It's too bad but I think it's what people have
become used to. One solution is the press gallery executive come up
with
and give their reporters a written test on politics + reporting. If
they
fail then they shouldn't be entitled to press gallery status.

Anonymous said...

Charlie, in the past you have sent out several emails telling people to just let you know if they'd like to be removed from your list and you'd do so gladly. Now everytime you receive such a request, you make it known on your website and refuse to remove the person. This is highly inappropriate. You have compiled a list of willing and unwilling readers and it is up to them if they choose not to receive "spam." You should be respecting these people's wishes and removing them without all the hoopla. As far as your suggestion to just delete, some people receive far too many emails and do not want the hassle of having to delete. You are doing a good job, but you should not be holding your audience hostage.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I do not hold people hostage but I will not telorate an Irving employee telling me what to do! Sorry, it won't happen in this lifetime!!! After saying this? I know what you mean! It's the Scottish blood in me! Speaking of Scotland! Those g-8 POLICE officers are really going to have a hard time controlling those Scotsmen!!!...lol....you can hit them in the head but they won't back down! You just watch!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey even your relative are telling you to remouve them from your list but you wont.
Even your uncle has told you to remouve his pictures from your site but you wont.

Wether you like it or not.
Not everyone wants to read what you have to say.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I should delete the last message but that's ok!!

I don't know what you're talking about but that's ok!

No one told me that I couldn't use my uncle aunt picture...You must be from LA LA land?