Wednesday, July 13, 2005

WHERE'S ALL THE PROTESTERS IN FRONT OF THE LEGISLATURE???

Yesterday, I saw a picture that I haven’t seen for a very long while.

Charles 04_07_05 014

My Bigot friend Matthew Glenn from the Anglo Society was protesting in front of the Art Gallery because the sign in front of the Gallery is in French first.

glenn

His bigot concern that it should be in English first and Francais below!

Speaking of protesters? Where are all the protesters anyway?

I remember at the beginning at last summer.

Tim Noel set up a tent in front of the Legislature because his disable son was kicked out from a special care home.

noel

This lasted for a few days…..

Weeks later, tents were set up at officer’s Square.

hands

After a few weeks with the help of Mayor Woodside < The Mayor invited the protesters for a boat tour down the Saint John River >

CouncillorWoodside

Afterwards they decided to move into the Centennial building.

cent2

Once there, the issue got ugly while Bonnie O’Dea chained herself in the washroom.

cent

They were evicted from that area and move to the ground of the Legislature but by then they were very much disorganize.

protest1

There were five tents but no one was around too much.

PROTEST AT DOOR!!

One guy even showed up with a very large tent.

One issue that I found funny was that Greco Pizza always dropped over some free pizza.

My God? I never had that during my protest!

Then came the Spice girls who protested against the closure of their youth home in Miramichi.

spice3

My god? Those protesters were determined in their fight but there was a problem.

What do four attractive protesters attract?

spice

Young horny Tom Cats!!! They were all over the place especially at night!

I arrived at the Legislature and I noticed over 20 young guys around the tent.

After a while, I approached them and said- Ok Guys!!! You’re defeating the cause here!! Move on!!!

They quickly replied- Who the f@ck are you anyway???

I told the young mutes that I was the babysitter. Come on now!! Move!!!

While I visited Saint John. Dan Bussieres moved in and took their tent away!

tentbussieres

After Dan ordered the final protesters from the ground of the Legislature.

There has been no more protesters since.

When Tim Smith began his protest. In a matter of seconds the Fredericton Police Forces told Tim that they got orders from Dan Bussieres that no tents are
allowed on the ground of the Legislature.

charlesandtim
tentbussieres

Does this mean that everyone is happy or do New Brunswickers know that protesting is a been waste of time?

I forgot about the clown being evicted from the Legislature.

07061 Balloon Clown

The Acadians did set up a couple of tents over a month ago but this only lasted a few hours.

acaduen
tent

Yes, I guess that I am truly the last of the true protesters.

charles1

I must admit that I do the miss the action and confrontations that happen last summer.

So? All I had was Matthew Glenn to debate with and it was nice to see the bigot again!

glenn2

He’s 72 years old and don’t look like it!

bigotfight

Ok…Time for me to go and see if there’s any tents in front of the Legislature? < Doubt it!! > Bye bye!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charles,

In all fairness to call Matthew Glenn a bigot isn't quite fair. He may be misinformed but his concerns are genuine and some but definately not all have a grain of truth. The Province is far different from 30-40 years ago when it comes to language and that's not a bad thing but you do have to understand it's far more difficult for an anglophone to learn French then the other way around. 68% of the province is English, 32% is French but only 6% claim to be unilingually French. More needs to be done but let's accept that Matt and many others aren't going to learn French at their age and that really wasn't the spirit of official bilingualism anyway. You should be able to speak either language and you should be able to get a job in this province based on your skills not language, however that's not the case. Charles, you and Matt both have issues and I think you'll find neither of you are all that different. Maybe that's a start. Merci pour votre site mon ami.

Anonymous said...

i feel canada's first language should be english,my mother is acadian & i am very proud of that side of my history but sadly i was born & raised in saint john 36 years ago & my mother had to learn to speak english & in the process for whatever reason never taught me how to speak french :-(

& yes i also feel it is far harder to learn to speak french then english,i think tv has alot to do with it also because in french areas of canada like where my mother was from,north shore :-), i remember as a kid going there to visit & everyone no matter how strong the accent could speak almost perfect english to me np wile i sat there feeling left out able to kind of get the jest of what they were talking about but not able to talk back,but back to the tv thing,it was because they all watched english programs on tv & pretty much had no choice to,i mean even my cousins small kids younger then me could all speak english to me & understand me. man i wish it would have been as easy to learn french.
___________________________________

my bigest thing today tho that really bugs the hell outa me as someone who only speaks english is when for example a politician like our PM does a speach the whole talking english one min then to french then back to english BS,& our canadian anthem the same thing,IT IS JUST PLAIN STUPID & IT DRIVES ME NUTS!. there is absolutly no need for it & is nothing but stupid ass 'political correctness'. np for someone like charles who can understand both languages but very stupid & unnessary for everyone else IMO.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger,

Thank you for your informative blog, it is good to see that people are still sharing their knowledge and experience.

I am currently working on finding the latest information on youth with adhd when I came across your site. My passion is in the area of youth with adhd and after finding your blog, I believe we have a real synergy and that my subsrcibers would benefit from your perspective on the topic.

I would very much appreciate it if you would take the time to have a look at my adhdpodcaster blog. If you think that we do have a common goal (which I think we do), then please feel free to post any relevant information to the blog.

Whatever area that ties into adhd would be fine, even if it is with relation to personal development (especially time management), you know how notoriously hard it is to keep track of time especially for us :)

Anyways, really looking forward to your post.

Thank you for the blog, keep up the good work

Warmest regards,
Hoe Bing

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

Awesome post!

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

Thanks for the post, looking forward to more great stuff.