Tuesday, August 16, 2005

BRAD WOODSIDE MAKES A PRESENCE AND CHARLES WINS DOUBLE DOUBLE!!!

The Mayor of Fredericton was elected to office in May of 1994.

woodside
acadian-s

I always like the Mayor because he pulls no punches. He speaks his mind and that’s the way it is.


Last year, he didn’t show up for the Acadian ceremonies and this action had some Acadians wondering if he was scared of the Protesters from the Anglo Society?

glenn2

Days later, I bumped into the Mayor and asked him why he was a no show at the Acadian Event?

He quickly reminded me that there was a little problem in his boat tour.

carleton

I said- Ohh???? You had a good reason??? Ok!!! But you will be there next year right?

He definitely told me that he would be there on August 15, 2005!

CouncillorWoodside

During the winter months, I would meet the Mayor in different areas and asked him if he’s practicing his Francais?

A few weeks ago < in a earlier blog > I reminded the Mayor that Acadian Day was around the corner and if he was ready?

He told me that it was a go! Days later, I was having a conversation with a Acadian Bureaucrat.

Don’t ask me how but the conversation turned to the Mayor.

Once I told the bureaucrat that the Mayor will be present?

He quickly told me that the Mayor will not be there!

I told the guy that Mr.Woodside promise me that he would be present.

The bureaucrat laughed at my face and in return, I suggest a little bet of a large Double Double coffee?

He quickly shook my hand and once again told me that I will be disappointed.

After this handshake, I had a few other conversation about the Mayor and I never met one Acadian who told me that the Mayor will show up.

I told everyone that I was very confident that Mr. Woodside will be there and if I lost a Double Double to a bureaucrat?

Well? I feel sorry for the Mayor because he’ll have to listen to me till the next celebrations of Acadian Day!

Many Acadians showed up for the affair. < AROUND 200 >

Minutes before the celebration began? I bumped into two Acadians in their 60s and I asked them if they believe the Mayor will be present?

They quickly told me that the Mayor will not be here!!!

I remain hopeful till the end and it was nice to see the Mayor walking down the stairway from City Hall!

He was there and all rumors about Brad Woodside being afraid of the Anglo Society can come to a stop.

glenn2

I believe that the Mayor would only say a few words and give the rest of the ceremony to other people in charge but he didn’t!

He made a little speech and he receive a very good applause from the Acadians audience.

I shook the guy hand and congratulated him for a job very well done.

A few hours later, the Acadian bureaucrat put a toonie in my hand and he had a happy look on his face because it felt good that the Mayor showed up for a fine affair in this City!

Congratulation Brad and good work!!!

Oppss way too long!!! I got to start a new blog about my bigot friend Matthew Glenn!!!!

glenn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For public officials symbolism is very important. Woodside isn't exactly an acadian name, and there are many bigoted people in New Brunswick, just like it wasn't politically correct at one time to support the gay rights parade. Times change (sometimes slowly), but I'd be suspicious that he couldn't show up because of a problem with his boat tours (isn't that a conflict of interest?)

Anyway, it's good that he showed up, if he hadn't I certainly wouldn't say he was afraid of the anglo society, unless you mean he was afraid that they'd make a stink that he's favouring acadians or something. The two solitudes in NB are still pretty far apart, Fredericton was a big COR constituency wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

The best way to bring about Peace in Iraq and chase the Vilonet Insurgents back into Iran, is for Charles to go over to Baghdad and start up a blog.

They would run back into Iran from Boredom :>)

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

hey??? You don't like this blog? Just don't come back! It's as simple as Bonjour!!!!

Anonymous said...

NO

Anonymous said...

Charles,,,,,,,Reg....the comment in your blog that a viewer wrote in this blog.....>>>>The best way to bring about Peace in Iraq and chase the Vilonet Insurgents back into Iran, is for Charles to go over to Baghdad and start up a blog.
My response::::: >>>>>>>>>>>>I don't get this but, I think that this is funny!!!! lol but, if it would work......>>>>then Charles????????? Why not??????????? lol
Are you going to Iraq to offer your peace keeping tactics...!????????? lol Who can solve the middle east problems,>>>>> but Jesus (himself) They say he is coming back again!!!!