Saturday, February 11, 2006

WILL NEW BRUNSWICK FAMILY SERVICES LET THIS WOMAN DIE ON THE STREETS????


Picture 015, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

This morning, I woke up and I could feel the cold wind through my window.

I had my coffee and I began thinking. < not the first time! >..lol..

I wonder if that poor woman is panhandling in this cold weather?

Picture 017

It was 11:30am and I decided to go at the Farmer’s Market to see if she was there?

Once in the area, I noticed all the panhandlers were all gone.

IT WAS COLD!!!!!

I turned left and sure enough!!! There she was all cuddle up with a blanket with a scarf over her face.

Picture 016
Picture 012
Picture 013

It must have been -25 with the wind chills!

Picture 014

I would have bought her a coffee but I knew she was a diabetic.

She had a difficult time to talk because she was shaking from the cold wind.

I asked her if she wanted a coffee? She told me that she would love one.

I got little money but as a former protester who lived in a tent for 6 months? I know this area is always windy and it can be extremy cold.

I walked at Tim’s and got her a coffee.

Picture 018

I took some pictures and I found it disgusting that the Legislature is right in the background.

Picture 019

But New Brunswick Family Services don’t seem to care if this woman dies on the street.

Picture 020

I noticed that she began crying.

I asked her- What’s wrong???

She told me that she was depress!

I wonder why??? I would be in the same condition if I was asking people for money because the Lord Government don’t care.

I suggested that she should call it a day and offer to carry her belongings home.

Picture 023

She lives in the same building as I do and this is the reason that I know for a fact that this is no scam artist.

New Brunswick Family Services should intervene in this case before the poor woman dies!

But they won’t!

She told me that she collected around $40.00 since 7:50am in the morning. It was pretty hard for me to make the long and slow walk to the building because I’m so hyper.

I will keep bloggling the issue until New Brunswick Family Services do something about this poor individual.

We sure can’t go by the Irving’s papers that’s for sure!!!! Stay tune!!!!

Question? What’s going on in the rest of the Province that we don’t know of?

Very scary question?????

Picture 015

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Gee Charles...tears are coming down my face..it is so cold out today... I cannot believe she is out on this cold day..I am so scared for her. She is going to die... she is so sick as it is...I am the superintendent, and she has has to pass by my door to get to her door. I did not see her come in, but I must not have been in my office. I wish hope and pray that somebody will please help her. She is so quiet and keeps to herself. I do not have the authority to keep her inside, but all I can say is she needs the money and she needs housing. She feels there is nothing left to do, but go out and do this...and she does not realize it, but she is going to die!!!!!!! Please Help!!!!!

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

It's not Family Services style to go out on the streets and chat with these people but you are right on one issue.

She will die!!!!

She told me that she has been sick for over one month,

Very sad case but the Lord Government don't care!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe she likes to panhandle. If I could collect $40 for a couple of hours work, I might not mind the cold.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

You see???? It's ignorant comments like this that I truly enjoy because it shows the bureaucrats or members of the Bernard Lord's circle are reading this blog!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe the ignorant people in this city...darn she has no choice but to panhandle. She was lucky to make $40...and whoever you are I would like to see you in the cold trying to make a life for yourself...You are hog wash!!! Charles keep up the good work God Bless You!! Somebody may want to help her!!!

Anonymous said...

How come she doesn't work?

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I forgot to add oneimportant comment. This poor woman was siting right in the open. There was no buildings that could keep her away from the cold wind.

Take a very close look at the flags on top of the Legislator? It's at that point you call tell how strong the wind were.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about anyone else here but I would rather work anywhere, anyday instead of sitting out in the cold. I think if i'm able to sit out in mid winter's cold then i'm able to do just about any job that comes my way.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Charlie:

Please don't print what that poor old girl made panhandling! That's the kind of shit Bernie Lord thrives on.

He can do the math. $40.00/ day x 5 days/week = $200.00/ week x 4 weeks/month = $800.00/month +$265.00 assistance =$1065.00

TAX FREE! His bean counters will eat that up and accuse her of being a fraud artist and possibly cut her off assistance completely!

I see you are getting the hang of that camera! LOL