Tuesday, March 21, 2006

DOROTHY DAWSON IS INDEED THE QUEEN OF ALL ACTIVISTS!!!!


Picture 313, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

Yes, this woman is the activist of all activists.

Picture 312

I remember when I first Dorothy Dawson 15 years ago while I was a member of the Saint John District labour Council.

She was always at the meetings but rarely spoke out but always encourage me not to be afraid to speak up!!!

Picture 314

When she spoke? You could have heard a pin drop. She gained the respect from all the citizens in Saint John.

As a for former nurse who raised a large family? She knows about hardship and happiness.

Picture 311

She’s always there if I want some information on a certain issue and she’s not afraid to speak her mind.

As a matter of fact? She was the backbone of my two protest in front of the Legislature.

I had a meeting with her in 2002 at a local Tim’s Horton. I was wondering how I could bring the issue of Ritalin to the public eye?

Picture 315

I have been fighting with the Bernard Lord for three years and I was getting nowhere.

Picture 079

She suggested that I should set up a tent in front of the Legislature?

Picture 022

I wasn’t too comfortable with that idea but at the end I said - Lets do it!!!

She lent me her tent and droved me to the Capital in 2002!

charles

The protest and hunger strike lasted for 12 days.

The following summer, we did the same action but this time around it lasted for 6 months and unfortunately
Dorothy never got her tent back.

Picture 115
Charles and Brad 003

It was damage big times.

The reason I wrote this little story is that I wish this woman would become a bloggler.

She has all kinds of story. She’s very educated on every issue.

charlies pics 029

She got elected a couple of years ago at the Hospital Board and I’m certain that she speaks her mind at the table.

charlies pics 028

We need more people like Dorothy Dawson in this world who’s not afraid to speak her mind.

Keep up the good work Dorothy and maybe one day she’ll blog a few stories.

The bottom line is that all the
MLA's and bureaucrats in the Capital can thank her for me being here.

Picture 023

If it wasn't for her? I would have never move to Frdericton.

Keep up the good work Dorothy!!!!

Charles and Friend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell her to go buy some Tide and wash her shirt.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

We just finish logging some wood in....

She's a hard worker.....