Thursday, May 04, 2006

COULD THERE BE MANY PROTESTS IN FREDERICTON THIS SUMMER???


charles, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

knife

I didn’t write any blogs yesterday because I was very busy. I had quite a day, it all started when the comments wouldn’t be posted because something was wrong with the server.

I’m telling you one thing!!! The information Highway is a great way to spread the word but if something goes haywire? Everything comes to a halt.

I wish to say a Big Merci Beaucoup to computer WCIE for his help. I said it before and I’ll say it again! This blog is a huge team and everyone is doing their share.

I learned later on in the morning that the rent of my room is going up $15.00!!!

Of course many would say - What’s the big deal??? Get a job!!!!

Some of us are not allowed to work and this was proven when I got fired by the Quebec security staff at the Legislature. Read the whole story at -

Well, last week a person approached me and told me the rent is going up in his building by $20.00 because of the hike in power rate and he was told it’ll go up again in the fall!

I asked the guy if I could take is picture with the letter? He refuse because he was scare to be evicted.

I was furious and living beside the Legislature? I am only walking distance from those MLA’S!!!!

The reason that I was so upset is that everything goes up but the welfare rate stays the same.

I predicted this months ago and it happen.

I must give credit where it’s due. The MLA’s from both political parties always gives me the time of day.

I walked in the Legislature and the first one to come in the hallway was Shawn Graham. Poor Shawn!

I learned afterwards that he was ready to face the media and was concentrating on the issues in hand and who’s stopping him in his track? Charles LeBlanc?

I just told him that this is not fair at all!!!! The Liberals must bring this issue to the floor of the House???

There are going to be a lot of New Brunswickers on the street next winter!!!

Bruce Fitch told the House there was 20,000 New Brunswickers in Boarders and roomers Houses in New Brunswick. This is terrible!!!

I was told to bring the issue with Ed Doherty so I waited outside till the MLA from Saint John Harbour came out the door.

While waiting? Those poor other Liberal MLA’S had to walked by me and of course I let them know that we got a major problem here!!!

I am no paid political lobbyist but I will fight for a issue that I feel is not right.

I told Ed Doherty about the concern problem and lets see what Bernard Lord has to say?

I realize that I live in a very small room, I have the internet and cable but the rent is going to go higher and higher but the welfare rate will say the same.

Myself, I like it here. Many told me that it’s too small and I should move somewhere else? I’m happy here. The caretaker don’t bother me and I have adjust myself to the situation.

Maybe a deal can be reach between the Government and the owners of the rooming Houses ? Who knows?

Speaking of fighting for issues?

I am meeting with the members of the New Brunswick Human Rights Commission today and it’s going to be a very straight forward meeting.

I was very upset by a decision by one of their members but I’m not going to blog this story yet.

I will give the Commission a chance to explain. If the decision goes against the poor?

Well? There could be some lively protest during the summer months.

One MLA suggested that I gather all the poor in tents in front of the Legislature?

This could happen because they will have no place to go?

The Government must act on this issue and if they have the backing of the New Brunswick Human Rights Commission? It’s going to be a very lively summer!!!

The public and the rest of Canada must be educated on what’s going on here and thank god for the information highway!

I should take 10 Ritalin before I attend that meeting!!!...lol....I’ll be ok because I’m going to have two other individuals on my side to keep me calm.

Stay tune in this blog for the going ons....I will go in more details after I get the final decision.

I would organize a protest but it might attract the wrong crowd. Never once has a protester been shot at during a protest and it could come down to this.

It will be the only way to let the rest of the country know what’s going on in New Brunswick?

But I also know that once you’re poor? You lose all energy to fight.

I pray to God? This doesn’t happen but how much more can poor New Brunswickers take?

That’s the scary question?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is Huntjens’ problem? He said in public that he was blackmailed when he withdrew his name for the Speaker’s chair. Today in the House he said he did it willingly. Which is which? What this COR member trying to say?