Saturday, October 21, 2006

CBC INTERVIEWED ME ABOUT ABORTION???


aaa
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
IMG_1224



A couple days ago, I received an email from a couple of reporters from CBC in Halifax.



They wanted to interview me about abortion.



Abortion????...lol..




It was all about this blog I posted in July. You can read the blog by clicking below-



target="_blank">Charles
Blog





Yesterday morning, it was raining and I didn’t feel like walking in the rain on top of the hill at CBC headquarters on Regent Street so they paid for a cab.








It’s funny how time change eh?




In the past, I would have ran on top of the hill to be in the media.





I’m getting older I guess?...lol




My attitude these days is - If it happened? It happens!




Once there, I was asked to sit down and wait 20 minutes for the reporters.




Moi? With ADHD sit down for 20 minutes?




That would be an impossible task!!...lol...





I asked to chat with Alan White and the reporter came out. He couldn’t chat long because he was getting reading the noon news.





Terry Seguin walked by and I asked them for a picture?




IMG_1225





Alan left and I had a little chat with Terry about my trial coming on November 2th.





The reporters finally arrive and the interview was done outside.





They wanted my opinion of the way the protesters are showing the pictures of the dead children or fetus or whatever you want to call it?





IMG_1226





The bottom line of the conversation- This is the new way of protesting.





Just standing at a corner with a sign will not cover it because people are too busy to slow down to read the words on a sign.





But a huge picture? That’s a total different story.




aaa




The interview is supposedly to be broadcast in November.




I’ll let you know.



Stay tuned...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're disgusting. Posting pictures of those graphic signs on your blog is a new low even for you. It accomplishes nothing.

Anonymous said...

A thought popped into my head today.

Polititions and companies don't like someone they can't control
So if tanker could be speaker!

Charles is smarter!!
Charles is busy sucking up.

Guess who will soon be an MLA?

Any Bets?

Anonymous said...

huh?

Anonymous said...

So this is what journalism has come to? A journalist does a random google, finds the one local who'll give them a good sound bite on any issue and records it? Lazy, lazy journalism. Charles is neither an expert, nor even able to form a coherent opinion on this issue. Shame on the CBC.

Anonymous said...

I don't think young children should see these pictures but yes some young adults and older need to face the abuse of abortion, several by one person. I am not against abortion if necessary but not used a should use prevention or a common cold.

Anonymous said...

I suspect they contacted charles because he posted publicly on his blog that he supported them and he was the only person they could find willing to defend this horrible display and invasion of Fredericton citizens' rights to protect their children from such imagery.

There is a reason tv shows and movies have ratings - it is to allow PARENTS, not strangers, to try to ensure that their children are exposed to only as much sex, violence or obscenity as the PARENT of the child deems appropriate for the age. These protesters took away Fredericton (and other) parents rights to do that. It is indefensible. I doubt they could find anyone else willing to say it was acceptable.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Lets get one thing straight right NOW!!!!!

Nobody from that group contacted me...it's all in the blog....

I heard they were around the block from my place so I went there and took pictures.

Comprendnice????

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Charles,
I am anonymous 12:01, I was respond to comment by "the truth about cbc" questioning why the CBC contacted you. He said it was a "random google" and I was pointing out that you blogged about it. I meant the CBC contacted you, not the protesters.I am sorry for the misunderstanding

Anonymous said...

Freedom of expression does sometimes have its downside, but would a society be able to debate and grow and come to compromise on issues without it