Sunday, November 12, 2006

STU JOURNALISM???? I BELIEVE IT SHOULD BE IRVING JOURNALISM!!!!


IMG_2331
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Yes, this was a first for me!!!


I showed up at the Remembrance day celebration and I noticed many people were walking around taking pictures.



IMG_2353



Of course, I recognized the Irving photographer with a young student learning the trade.



IMG_2352



Then I saw this guy with a jacket - STU Journalism!



IMG_2330




I said to myself? Shouldn’t it say - Irving Journalism???




It’s the Irvings who are training their future soldiers to work for the paper.




You see? They take 100 pictures and will use maybe four to five of them!




A blogger on the other hand will use them all.





But I do understand that you have to control people walking around during the ceremony.




IMG_2308



Anyone can be a blogger!




You just cannot let all bloggers on the loose?




I truly understand this but since I got 500 people per day and 150,000 people who has visited this site? I guess that I am the blogger.




I bumped into this guy after the ceremony and he’s from Alberta.



IMG_2423




He came to me and introduced himself. He said - I’m from Alberta and I heard you on the CBC program the Current!



He visited my blog and has been a regular ever since.



This blog goes all around the world.



Just this morning while taking a picture of the broken eggs on the window? A stranger walked by and told me he enjoyed the pictures of the Legislature against the Saint John River.



I didn’t know the guy but it was nice to hear complements from strangers of the blog.



Someone told me yesterday that I should have a jacket that would SAY - BLOGGER in the back!!!



Hey? God knows who visits this site???

I got no money but strange things have happened to me ever since I began this blog.



Maybe there’s someone out there who would do a Jacket with the name BLOGGER in the back???



Who knows? Mail that Extra Large jacket at



Charles LeBlanc
75 Carleton Street
Room#5
Fredericton
E2L 3T2

Stranger things have happen and I promise ya that I will wear it with pride!!!...lol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you go Charles saying stuff you should have a little more information on. Just so you know you have a lot of support within the stu journalism program, and before you start making claims about where people in the program would like to work, maybe you should ask them. As far as I know a large number of the people there want to work outside the province away from the province. You out of everybody should know how liberating it is to produce any kind of journalism in this province without the IRVING name behind it. My question is why you would defame a organization that is at least trying to do something different?

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I still say that it was a big faux pas by STU to accept that money from the Irvings.

I'm sorry but that's the way I see it.

You can suck up to the Irving's teachers and land a job within the Irving Empire.

Just for the record? I like the teacher Phillippe Lee......

Anonymous said...

WOW

What a slap in the face to people at STU Journalism who support you, and others on the slim list of independent media in the province This would include your blog.

You are correct. STU did accept money from the Irvings. But it has also accepted money from other organizations from outside the province (including Friends of Canadian Broadcasting, among other bursaries and scholarships offered to those in the program).

Furthermore, it's ignorant to paint everybody in the program as nothing but Irving clones who are waiting for their diploma to walk into the Irving's begging for a job, which is exactly what you did.

Your labeling the program as nothing the IRVING journalism school is excesive and completly unfair!

Anonymous said...

Get out the extra large paintbrush!
Charles is painting everyone the same color again!

seriously, could you not be anymore of a labeler? Future soldiers....wtf