Tuesday, December 12, 2006

THE MEETING PLACE CHURCH SERVED OVER 100 POOR PEOPLE LAST NIGHT!!!


IMG_3745
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
IMG_4013IMG_4012



The rooming house where I live in is pretty quiet but every couple of weeks?


A person could hear a group knocking on every door asking if they want a soda and a sandwich?

It’s a religious group call - The meeting Place Church... I guess?

Anyway...they gave me a card asking me if I wanted a hot meal on December 11th.




IMG_4007IMG_4010IMG_4011



I guess they do this good deed every year.



I wasn’t going to attend but at the last minute, I decided to go. I might add it was the first time I ever attended this Christmas event.



Once there, I was surprise of the amount of people in the building. Being Charles? I had to take some pictures.


There were over 100 poor people enjoying an nice hot meal.



IMG_3992IMG_3993




I might add they all received a bag full of gift. < Your truly included >



IMG_4018IMG_4019




The organizers did a wonderful good deed and everyone went home happy. I might add the poor didn't leave before thanking the people in charge for their nice hot meal.


IMG_3994IMG_3995IMG_3996IMG_3997IMG_3998IMG_3999IMG_4000IMG_4005IMG_4006IMG_4016IMG_4015IMG_4014

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charles,

Are you aware there is a group of rich homeowners from uptown Saint John who are going to try to stop a non-profit housing project for "non-elderly singles" tonight at the Planning Advisory Committee.

They say they don't like the apartment building because its too big.

It will house 26 people who can't afford good housing in the city.

Spinks said...

For a little church, the Meeting Place does some good work and far more than larger churches. Nice story, Charles.

Anonymous said...

As somebody who has tried on numerous occasions to get churches involved in charity events I can vouch for the above. I had never heard of this church, they might be good people to get to know, especially to lobby for some actual legislation for the poor. Now I know where to send my religious donations.

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Work Charles, this is a very good story/blog on this group I usually attend every year, and was pleased to do so this year.

Just thought I would add that this church Sponsors a Street level Dropp-in Centre every Monday evening from 7:pm until 10:pm except for Christmas Eve. I volunteer on that evening when I am there.

Salut!