Sunday, March 25, 2007

IS CHARLES SUICIDAL???


IMG_0869
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Is Charles suicidal???

Yes, I believe so.

Friday evening, I made a stopover at the Hot Dog and Sausage Vendor.



IMG_0937



He was located in front of the Sweet waters bar on King’s Street.

The place was full of drunken youths and you could feel there was trouble in the air.

Around midnight, a brawl broke up right in front of me.

These guys were big boys!

One smaller guy was on the ground getting beaten.

I watched and watched but I knew better trying to stop the brawl but I decided to take a picture.

I quickly went for my camera and took one shot. The flash went off..



IMG_0872




I turned around praying that the young fighters wouldn’t turn their anger toward me?

Why did I take a picture anyway?

The cops finally came to the scene and the guys quickly left the area with a cop running down the streets after them.

The poor beaten guy was carried into an ambulance.




IMG_0873




The Fire crews arrive and wash off the blood from the sidewalk.



IMG_0875



It was a mess!!!!!

Once I got home and saw the picture I took?



IMG_0872



It really bothered me. Why would I risk my life for a good picture?

I believe in the future, if I witness another brawl such as this one?

I will keep my camera in tack.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well there’s lots to say about his one!!!!



IMG_0872



I might add that hours later, the place was full of fights and the vendors have to learn to protect themselves.



IMG_0936



I believe the Fredericton Police Force should be present on the streets at closing time before someone gets killed.

9 comments:

awareness said...

For God's sake, Charles be careful, or at least TURN OFF your flash when you want to take a pic, or you're going to end up being one of "God's Minutes!!"

Do you know how the guy is who was beaten up? Did the police arrest anyone? Did you show them your pic?

One of the things I find appalling about a story like this one....well, many things about this appall me.......but what I'm thinking is that these incidents are not rare, and yet we hardly ever read nor hear of them in the MSM.......WHY is that?

Maybe the $$$$$ "won" by the owners of this establishment through the supreme court decision on taxes etc, could go to providing ongoing monitoring OUTSIDE of the place, since it appears that alot of this stuff happens right outside their doors.........

I see that as being a basic committment of responsible community. One can't keep pouring the booze and not be responsible for the outrageous violence that takes place right outside the front entrance.........

Yeah....personal responsibility etc, but we all know how alcohol can turn a laid back person into a maniac...

ok.....end of rant.

I hope the guy is alright.

Anonymous said...

Smart Charles! I warned you a couple of times to watch yourself because your behavior lately has been way out of line and someone is going to confront you about it.

Plus take a look around there is a camera in the bar district and there are always cops around. These fights break out so fast that cops can't be there all the time.

Anonymous said...

Charles can you please take off some of the extra stuff from your webpage like the picture taking thing on the top. It makes your page too big and it takes too much time to load. I have high speed and a new computer and it is slow to load your page.

Anonymous said...

The police can't do everything and can't be everywhere. There's uptown, there's downtown, and there is the northside and those are just the drinking places. Plus there are noice complaints, drug deals, domestic violence and other things.

Many other communities set up community watches. You have groups of four who walk around, in some cities they even have video cameras so that people know that if they fight it will be filmed-that's why they travel in groups of four.

In other cities they even have people who meet in parking lots and video people leaving the bars and going to their cars. That way if they drink and drive there is evidence of that.

Members of MADD and other community groups can be most effective there. Police can't do everything and if the people of a community don't care what happens then why should the cops?

Anonymous said...

You mean that camera in the tannery isn't enough policing?!
There definitely should be more police out there after the bars shut down in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Truth. In moncton, downtown the police make their presence felt. Infredericton its a joke.

Anonymous said...

i would be pissed if those pics were of me, you might wanna watch who you are taking photos of dude.

Anonymous said...

WTF

Many of english canada citizens have huge behavior problems

Anonymous said...

English Canadians have huge behavior problems!