Monday, March 12, 2007

PART FOUR OF THE SIX MONTH PROTEST IN FRONT OF THE NEW BRUNSWICK LEGISLATURE!!!!


protest
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Are you readers reading this? Should I continue the series or just put a stop to it? Let me know?

pic18


A girl came and chat with me. Her name is Hylene Daigle.

She was dressed like a native and I found her very friendly.

As many of other people that I chat with, she had her say and move on.

But in this case? It was different!

Hylene showed up the next day to tell me that she’s going to Montreal for one month and a half.

I told her - Bon Voyage!

She gave me the keys of her apartment and told me that I could have a shower and shave there!

I was surprise and said - You trust me???

You don’t even know me???

She answered - Anyone who fights for the kids can’t be that bad!


IMG_8950


It was around one mile away from the tent but it was wroth it!

It was a nice place in a fancy neighborhood < lots of million dollar homes in that area>

I could have slept over night but I couldn’t!

Every 2 to 3 days, I would walked on the trail of the Capital and continued till I hit the generous girl place.

Once I arrive at her kitchen?

There was a note on a cold beer that said - Happy Cinderella Drink me! My god? After being in that heat for the past week?

I really enjoyed the cold beer.

You see? As a protester? I am not allowed to drink alcohol.

The minute that the Legislative staff smell beer from my breath?

The protest would be over very quickly!

I can see the head lines now- Drunken Protester arrested in front of the Legislature.

She was so nice that she also gave me a nice watch!

She also gave me a book so I could write a daily update. < Which I did! >

I never had a watch but I would find that little gift very helpful!

I found out as a protester? I wasn’t really prepare for a long stay.

All I had was 2 pair of pants, t-shirts and blanket!

During the next few months, the citizens would step forward with gifts and suggestions.

The Liberals started to come around my tent.

People Bernard Richard, T.J.Burke, Shawn Graham, Abel LeBlanc,John Forran, Rolan Hache.

I remember on one instance, I was relaxing in my tent and someone
shouted for me.

He had a coffee for me. I asked for his name and he said - Rick Doucet!

I quickly said- Oh..You’re the guy who took Sheldon Lee place!

He replied - You know your politics!

I seen Sheldon for one last time in June and it sure was nice to see him.

I remember the year before, me and the honest guy had long conversations till midnight on all type of issues!

Rick has big shoes to fill and he knows it!


During the evening, I heard some music but I didn’t really know where it came from?

The music came from 2 blocks away from the Legislature.

It was from Officer’s Square.

My God? What a big different between King’s Square in Saint John and this one.





IMG_9950



IMG_0027

All summer long there was all kind of activities in that location.

I mean everything imaginable was there.

Kings Square in the Loyalist City is dead and I wonder why?



Picture 105Picture 116



I’ve been calling his show as
a regular and now we meet in person.

I noticed that many people came to shake Dennis hand to say that they
enjoy his show.

The funny part was when Dennis
introduce me as Charles from Saint John! They all heard me on the show.

I don’t really know who got the more attention? Dennis or Me?..lol.

The fireworks were great and everyone seem happy.

The next morning, I woke up
and found out that I lost my lighter.

I knew the odds weren’t great for me to locate my lighter again and

I gave it a good try and went back to Officer’s Square.

The place full of garbage from the evening before.

Someone scared me!

I noticed a guy popping his head
out of a dumpster like a Jack in the Box.

He had a card board over his head.

I asked him what was he
doing in the Dumpster?

IMG_3833


He told that he’s been there
since 2:00am collecting empty bottles.

He told me that he collected around $82.00 but later on in the after
the amount would go up to $92.00.

He explain to me that he only makes around $264.00 a month and this is
the only way that he can survive.

In the Capital, a person can go at the Soup Kitchen twice a day and ate all they want but in the Loyalist City?

You have one meal a day and that’s it!

Why does some people go hungry in one City but the same City in the same Province gives out lots of food!


IMG_0235


Same goes for our education system?

We live in 10 different Provinces
but it looks like we live in 10 different countries.


Kids with ADD/ADHD or other mental disabilities are treated better in certain Province.

Why is that now?

I would find out the answer months later.

As for this Province?

Yes, we live in 6 different Cities but the help for the poor is better than others?

I wonder why?

I always told the homeless in the Loyalist City?

During the winter months?

They should move to Fredericton.

The Fredericton Emergency shelter is a place were many adults as a child were force on Ritalin and these days are on heavy drugs.

The shelter and the Soup
Kitchen is located in the same building.

I believe that I know the reason. It’s located around one mile
away from the Legislature and when they see the young trouble kids in that area.

They tell them - Listen you
can drink your alcohol behind the building at the shelter and smoke your joints.

You can eat all you want so therefore you have no rights to be in the other end of town.

Mind you, I did noticed a few
homeless walking near the door of the Legislature late at night.

They were looking for butts in the ashtrays of the Government building.

Since the politicians can afford tailor made? They presume they will throw up a 3/4 tailor made smoke.

There’s one rule that I
always set forth.

I’m always polite with the
homeless because I know that if I’m rude to them?

They would do some damage to my tent.

If I got my smokes?

I’ll always give them one!

You see them late in the evening
collecting empty bottles in the garbage cans near the
streets.

Only once I notice a person emptied the whole garbage on the sidewalks searching for bottles.


These are very polite poor people and they do their best to survive. It’s very difficult to survive on $264.00 a month!

No comments: