Tuesday, July 31, 2007

BIKE CANADA FOR KIDNEY CYCLIST DAVID WATSON MADE A STOPOVER INFREDERICTON!!!


IMG_5432
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
bikecanadaforkidney



Last week, I made a stopover at Officer’s Square and noticed a bunch of people gathered in one area.



IMG_5428IMG_5429_edited



I quickly went over and was told it was for David Watson.

He’s going across Canada for the Kidney Foundation.

Of course being Charles, I showed a clipping to someone about my ten speed bicycle trip across the United States in 1978. I went across Canada the year before.

I felt a little embarrass once the individual introduced me to the biker.



IMG_5434



Well? It sure wasn’t no ten-Speed and I asked the guy if I could go for a ride?

Which I did!!!!



IMG_5436



Of course, with my luck there were a few loose items on the little wagon!!!!


IMG_5437



I quickly learned that I’m not as young as I used to be!!!



IMG_5438



I’m certain that I could still ride that bike a long way because the determination is still in my mind.

You can visit their web site by clicking below.


target="_blank">Charles
Blog




He sounded like a very nice guy!!

No comments: