Thursday, August 02, 2007

ARE THE IRVINGS PUSHING NEW BRUNSWICK TO A STYLE OF OLD GERMANY????


irving3
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
hitler2

I believe this is pushing the issue a little overboard.

The Irvings asked me to remove the picture of the War bride so I did.

This morning Wendell Fulton wrote a little column about me and I’m not allowed to use it?

My opinion is this is plain and simple – HOGWASH!!!!

I used CBC stories in the past and someone asked me politely to add their link with the story.

Sounds fair!!!

Now? I can understand their reason is I made money off this site but I am not!!!

I don’t read the Irving papers as much as I used to and I believe it’s nice of me to post a good story from their site.

I believe it’s time that the Canadian Government investigate the Irvings of the way they wish to turn this Province like Old Germany.


media



So the story is about this blogger and I will not remove the story off my site.

The Irvings might use me as an example and haul me court?

Truly stay tuned!!!

Here’s the email I just received. I can’t reply to the guy because the Irvings have blocked my emails.


Good afternoon Mr. LeBlanc,



CanadaEast Interactive has been informed that a web site associated with you at the address http://oldmaison.blogspot.com/ has today, Thursday August 2, 2007 posted an article, in its entirety, written by Mr. Wendell Fulton, appearing on page A5 of the August 2, 2007 edition of the Telegraph-Journal titled Who and what is a journalist?.



We appreciate your interest in this topic but must insist that it be removed in its current form from your site, in accordance with our posted Copyright Policy. Our copyright policy explicitly forbids redistribution of articles and other content originating from the Telegraph-Journal web site. You may view our full copyright policy which outlines permitted and restricted uses of our content at the following address:



http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/onsite.php?page=copyright



To properly allow your web site visitors to access this content we suggest instead that you provide a link to the article at:



http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/search/article/41885



Thank you in advance for your cooperation Mr. LeBlanc.



Andrew MacKinnon



939 Main Street, Moncton N.B. E1C 8P3

www.canadaeast.com

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Telegraph is absolutley right. Your Hitler pictures are completely inappropriate in this context. This is disrespectful to so many including those who lost their lives under Hitler which is in millions.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I told New Brunswickers on many occasions the Irvings are controlling the media.

Once Hitler took power he controlled the media and that was that!

My point is media control by one very powerful family!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fight your battles but leave Hitler out of it. Respect other people's sensitivities. It is wrong to make such comparisons.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

We're talking about concentration of the media newspapers in this Province.

Simple as Bonjour!!!

Anonymous said...

Canadaeast is politely requesting that you stop stealing its copyrighted material. It's not saying you shouldn't write your own opinions. It's not saying you shouldn't cover stories.

It's saying you should do it yourself rather than reproducing its content without authorization on your site. Whether or not you make money from it or not doesn't matter.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

You mean? This almost mean doing a story about myself?

Come on now? There's a story about me blogging and I can't used it???

Too bad...I believe from the story in last week paper and today's that the relationship between myself and the Papers would get better?

I guess I was wrong,

I don't see anything wrong using a story about me from their paper in this blog.

Maybe the Irvings wish to shut down this blog? Who truly knows?

Stay tuned....

Anonymous said...

Charles, that column is their property 'cause they paid for it. They are right, like it or not. You can't come into my house and leave with my sofa without my permission. Even though Fulton's opinion refers to you in the TJ, it doesn't make it your property. A small advice:if they take you to court on this one, you will lose.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

A blog is like a diary. I write what happen to me during the day or other issues.

I made the Irving paper and I blogged the story.

Sorry.....I'm not backing down from this one.....

Anonymous said...

Not backing down? Funny, we've heard that before. In the War Bride comments, you proclaimed the Irvings would have to take you to court before you'd remove the stolen article.

A few days later, that blog entry was deleted.

It's fine to write about the Fulton column. You could link to it as well, and you could even use a couple of short quotes from it. That's considered fair use. Reproducing the entire column is a violation of copyright. It's not the Irvings you're fighting here; it's the law.

Just because you don't understand that doesn't make it any less true or valid.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Sounds fair...

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/opinion/article/41885

Anonymous said...

I don't take offence to too many of your headlines. In fact, I think this is the first.

Old style Germany? Are you kidding me?

As someone who's family was devastated by what happened between 1939 and 1945, I find your claim insulting.

As someone who has traveled to Europe and toured what remains of Nazi concentration camps, I find you claim disgusting.

What the Germans did during the 1930s and 40s is a blight on the fabric of human history. To even imply that it is being repeated here, by the Irvings, is preposterous.

Like you, I'm not a big fan of the Irvings. But to suggest that they're neo-Nazi-like is absolute insanity.

I think that's a headline you need to revise. That is just my humble opinion.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

You know that I mean controlling of the media.

When Hitler took power he control the media to brainwash the people of Germany.

I am no way association the Irvings with executing people.

My goal and message is freedom of speech!!!!!

Andrew M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

andrew.mackinnon has left a new comment on your post "ARE THE IRVINGS PUSHING NEW BRUNSWICK TO A STYLE O...":

Your goal doesn't seem to be freedom of speech it seems to be freedom to plagiarize.

You would be pretty pissed if someone were to take everything you've written on this site, put it in a book and sold it.

This is the same thing except that you are destroying your credibility as a protester of free speech by plagiarizing.

Invoking Hitler just makes you look like a hack.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

at least now we know who leaves the nasty comments...Andrew posted it but removed it.

I still received the comment.

Sigh...what's next?????

So? The Irvings are paying their employees to leave nasty comments.

Shame shame shame....

Anonymous said...

After reading most of your comments on this topic Charles it would appear there is plenty of "shame" to go around

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe there is group of individuals who can't see there is something wrong with our government, politicians and system. We allow one family to run it all and we are expected to accept it, wrong, criminal, or excuse it is called democratic. Some how the meaning has been lost since it was written in the dictionary.

Anonymous said...

To "Fed-Up",
So what exactly is your solution to our democratic decline? Perhaps you should run for public office?

Anonymous said...

For the most part people like fedup don't actually have a solution. They are simply convinced that the majority that do not happen to agree with them don't know any better and are wrong. How "democratic" of them.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Bottom line is freedom and we know for a fact that the Irvings are paying their employees to leave nasty comments in this blog!!!

Shit!!!! I wish I had a job like that but I would use my own name....

:P

Anonymous said...

Charles wrote:
Bottom line is freedom and we know for a fact that the Irvings are paying their employees to leave nasty comments in this blog!!!

You may want to look up "fact" in the dictionary. Or maybe you're misspelling "supposition."