Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Priere du Jour - Prayer of the Day!!! For the students and teacher in Bathurst!!!


IMG_5879
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
You know something?

I had millions of minutes with Father Brien and the issue of life after death was really debated.

His answer for something tragic like what happen in Bathurst?

It's not for us to understand now but we will truly understand later on....

I sometime wondered about that one???

SPIRITUAL LIVING
Prayer and Devotions


The Authority of Christ
by Father Paul Campbell, LC

Resolution: Do something for Christ today.

January 15, 2008
Tuesday of the First Week in Ordinary Time

Mark 1:21-28
They went to Capernaum; and when the sabbath came, he entered the synagogue and taught. They were astounded at his teaching, for he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes. Just then there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit, and he cried out, "What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are, the Holy One of God." But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent, and come out of him!" And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying with a loud voice, came out of him. They were all amazed, and they kept on asking one another, "What is this? A new teaching--with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him." At once his fame began to spread throughout the surrounding region of Galilee.

Introductory Prayer: Lord, help me to put you first in my life. It is easy to get caught up in daily activities. But you are not just another activity. You are my Lord and my God. Help me to believe in you more strongly. Help me to love you more than myself and my plans. Help me to give you the best time for my prayers, and help me to give you the best of myself right now in this time of conversation with you.

Petition:Lord, help me to trust in your Word and the Church’s teachings.

1. Jesus Taught as One with Authority The crowd’s reaction to Jesus shows how different he was from the other rabbis. He did not just have disciples who followed; he called them to himself. He called twelve to be apostles, recalling the twelve tribes of Israel. He was reconstituting the New Israel of God. When he taught, he didn’t simply parrot what others taught or rely on the authority of other teachers. Saint Matthew, in his account of Sermon on the Mount, preserves the flavor of Jesus’ teaching style – “You have heard it said…, but I say to you.” He was God, and so Jesus taught from his own authority. What he revealed was true: God’s plan for our lives. God wants to free sinners from sin and to give them eternal life.

2. Jesus Acted with Authority Jesus’ words not only instructed; they had the power to heal. Among the crowd was a man possessed by a demon. As Jesus spoke the truth of salvation, it disturbed that unclean spirit, making the man cry out in a loud voice. Jesus commanded the spirit to be silent and to come out of the man, and it obeyed. The crowd was again amazed at Christ’s authority.

3. Our Obedience It is not enough simply to jot down that Jesus spoke and acted with power and authority. We must submit to him. We have a choice to make. God asks for the free surrender of our lives to him. He never forces our will. He invites and encourages us. God is patient and good. His plan for our lives is the best plan, but it is our choice whether to surrender our lives to his plan or to keep our lives in our own hands. This is the power of free will: We can say “no” to God. We can reject his plan and deny his revelation. Are there any areas in my life in which I am are not fully submitting to him and his teachings? Are there a few aspects of the Ten Commandments that I avoid thinking about? Are there Church teachings that I haven’t really accepted? Do I show Christ’s authority in my life by my obedience to him?

Conversation with Christ: Lord, I have a hard time accepting everything without complaining. I have to be right. I have to be first. I have to understand everything. If it doesn’t make sense to me, I can’t accept it. If it is hard, I’m slow to respond. Lord, help me to put you first in my life. Help me, Lord, to accept with love all the things that you are sending and permitting in my life. Help me to open my heart to you and your plan.

Resolution: I will do something for Christ today



1

No comments: