Friday, February 18, 2005

ARTHUR IRVING TO CHARLES - THAT THING ISN'T GOING TO BETTER THE AIR IN SAINTJOHN!!!!!

I don’t feel like writing because my uncle Al LeBlanc is being operated on as I write and my prayers are with the guy!
He’s the Father that I never had and I’m a strong believer that everything will turn out ok!
The family is in the hospital in Saint John and I live in Fredericton so there’s not much I can do from here but pray.
As the old saying goes - The press must go on but in this case? It’s the blog that must continue!
Ok..Many of you told me that I should slow down with my updates. I should send them away one a week.
Another reader suggested that I should subscribed readers!
You know? Make money with my updates because they are people out there who will pay for my services especially since I could use the money because I only make $485.00 an month!
Well? I got news for you people!
I will never lower myself to charge people who are interested in my views!
This is a hobby of mine and I enjoy it very much! This is the only part of the day that my ADHD brains < all five of them > isn’t racing all over the place. I’m at ease and I love it!!!
Some people might just delete me without reading my views but I really don’t care!
I’m a strong believer of freedom of speech and freedom of speech it’s going to be till the end of times!
The Telegraph Journal and the Moncton Transcript have followed the orders from J.D. Irving not to print my letters and this is sad for our democracy especially since I got 500 letters printed in the Irving papers during these last 15 years! The suddenly it’s over!!!! Coincidence? You tell me???
While in Saint John during the Christmas Holidays many would asked me - Where’s your letters Charles or Hey? I hear you on the Talk Show every week!
Hey? I’m nobody special, I just write my views and that’s the way it is!
One politician and a reader told me that they enjoy the amount of meals being given to me every day for my update.
They don’t give me the numbers any longer and I don’t know the reason but if you wish to continue having the numbers given to me on a daily basis?
You can send an email to

nbfood@nb.aibn.com

to voice your concern of this issue!


The Mayor of Fredericton cut the computer privilege to Councillor David Kelly yesterday and I find this very interesting!
Poor David is having a difficult time lately! He was caught using a story from a Ontario Paper for his column and now this?
The funny part is that he asked me to remove him off my email list a few months ago but I re-added his name once I found out that he copied the stories from Ontario!
I told him that I have lots of ideas for his column!!!...lol….he can get them from my updates…..
Yes!!! I should have my own column in the Irving Paper but this will never happen because I refuse to dedicate my life and soul to the Irving Empire.
I remember a few years back, Arthur and J.K. Irving told me to go and the Editor office and tell the editor to hire me as a columnist!!!
Being Charles? I did just that!
I forgot the guy name at the Telegraph Journal. After I told the guy that I was sent by the Irvings? He told me to take a seat in the basement with the spiders!...lol..
Speaking of the Irvings?
I remember during the upgrading of the Refinery.
A huge part was dock near the shipyard. I was working for that racist company- Gulf Operators.
During noon time, I decided to investigate the atmosphere.
Once there, all these Irving oil employees were moving like ants! I noticed this high class dude watching the situation with great pride. < He had his chest up real high! >
I wasn’t in a suit and I approached the high class guy by saying - Hello there!
He rose his head and in a snobby way- Said—oh?? Hiii…and ignored me like I wasn’t there.
After a few seconds, I said- Hey? That’s Arthur Irving standing there right?
He quickly replied- Yes! That’s MR.IRVING!!!!
I quickly answered- I’m going to have a chat with that boy and went to meet Mr.Irving!
You should have seen the look on the Manager face!
Once there, I said- Hello Art!!! He said - Hi there Charles!
The people in the surrounding were confused that this Billionaire would chat with a peasant like me!
Anyway, we had a chat and afterwards I stared at this huge piece that was heading for the refinery and said- My God Arthur? What a monster! You mean this piece of machinery is supposed to better the air in Saint John??
He quickly gave me a dirty look and said - Charlie? That piece is not supposed to better the air in Saint John!
IT’S GOING TO DO IT!!!!
My God? Was he ever stern with his words and I know for a fact that Irving Oil is trying their best!
Voice of the Province was on last evening and of course, I was the first caller and I ended up talking about the issue of Ritalin! < AGAIN > …LOL…
You can watch it during the weekend at 3:00pm on Rogers! It’s no big deal but it could be interesting next week because Premier Bernard Lord will be their guest and once again the Premier and myself will debate the issue of prescription drug in this Province!
Still no Methadone Clinic in Saint John??? What’s the problem????
Ok….The issues of Bloggers is really picking steam in the U.S.A!
One Blogger was allowed at the President’s news conference and George Bush was surprised to see the guy fall through the cracks.
He ended up with a media pass and began to asking the President some direct questions?
Now? Why not the same here?
Can a Blogger receive a pass at the Legislature and begin asking questions to the politicians? …lol…
Charles LeBlanc a daily pass and freely asked some hard core questions?
You know what?
The system of how the news is made in this Province is going to change big times during these next few years because there’s no way in the world that Germany’s newspapers..oppsss I mean the Irvings paper are going to let New Brunswickers know the going ons within the Irving Empire and this was proven two Christmas ago once the paper mill in Saint John let out a Blue Hazes during Christmas day! Families were forced to stay in their home!
I wrote a direct letter to the Editor but the publisher Peter Huggart told me that they won’t print critical letters of the Irving Empire!!! Hiiiii Hitler!!!!! Oppssss I mean HIIIIII IRVING!!!! Just like Germany all over again and thank God for the information Highway!
These days. The irvings are training these Irvings employees at saint Thomas and Universite de Moncton so they can be brainwash to the Irving Empire! It’s just isn’t right!
MY GOD??? OVER 1,200 WORDS ALREADY??? Ok..Excuse the grammar and style of this update because I just write the darn thing and send it along on the Information Highway!
Here’s some comments I received during the last 24 hours!

1- Love the new system Charles, MUCH better. I like the 'news updates' idea with the link, much more practical.

Before I begin do you ever watch "The Daily Show"? Last night they had a story on bloggers because the bloggers found out several embarassing things about politicians that the media hadn't bothered with. The general thrust of the story is that bloggers are a danger because they deal in 'facts' and information and aren't properly indoctrinated. It was really funny and reminded me of you.

I enjoy your opinions but it's primarily the information that you pass along that really makes you shine. I hate to say it but any New Brunswicker who only reads New Brunswick papers is pretty much retarded when it comes to current affairs- the Irving papers read more like a small town rag that covers mainly sports and occasional 'hot topics' that have little effect on most peoples lives. You're now a 'must have' for any New Brunswicker who wants to have any idea of what's going on. I think the only bonus of a journalism degree would be the wherewithal to publish a New Brunswick labour paper online -sort of akin to TheDominion.ca If that came out once a month I'd easily subscribe and you could get advertisers. There used to be a good one in the seventies, I can't remember it's name but it didn't last very long.

I really think it is important to fight for the list of meals served at the soup kitchen-I'm almost tempted to say that that's the main reason I wanted your updates, but not true. While the 'powers that be' won't want that information known that is precisely the kind of information that is needed and that is necessary for history. On a personal note it is the one thing that guarantees your immortality in the annals of historians. Whatever it takes, Charles, if you have to ask the volunteers there to each count how many they've served, even if it's not exact-in fact I would recommend slightly exageratting the numbers because that's a sure way that those in charge will say "it's better if we give him the real numbers". I can't stress how important this is Charles, as somebody who does a lot of New Brunswick history this is the kind of stuff that people NEED TO KNOW! Ask the customers to put a check on a piece of paper outside the door if necessary! When homelessness and poverty are invisible people won't do anything about them. In fact you could have a section of your website that is a chart or table showing the numbers, I'd help with that!
It's ironic that we spent a week in Dublin, with a population of millions and although we spent the entire time right downtown we only came across three people who asked for a handout. Looks like those immigrants made a big mistake when they left during the potato famine! If you need some help with the fight to get those meals then let your 'viewers' know who to call and complain to. You should be stressing this as much as the ADHD stuff, information is power. Let us know who runs the kitchen and we'll find out who's responsible for not giving out the numbers. I know how it works, the activists get money from government and government doesn't mind throwing a few bucks at the poverty situation but if they get out of hand then the threat of cut offs comes down. They did that during the 93 referendum as well.

This is especially important now that New Brunswick seems to be sinking to near third world status. A standard of living study placed NB 58th out of 60 of the provinces and states in North America. New Brunswick is a worse place to live than Alabama! The average family income in NB is HALF what it is in Ontario, and Ontarians dare gripe about provinces wanting a new equalization deal! New Brunswickers are really going to have to wake up and realize their governments aren't doing them any favours. I laughed when I saw the Minister of Transportation taking somebody to task for daring criticize the government's handling of the TCH! Funny how BEFORE work is done governments are all keen and eager to brag about how efficient they've been, it's only when the price tag is in and the work is finally over that they're already earning their stipends as directors of thinktanks in giant corporations. The environmental and engineering studies for twinning that part of the highway was done thirty years ago when the government first started begging at the fed's door. Ironic how NB politicians in the eighties traded their lobby of the loss of rail transit for increased highway funds, and here we are fifteen years later with not even a main artery complete for tourists and transports to get the hell out of the province as quick as possible! No trains and lousy highways, what a tourist attraction!


2- Woke up this morning with a question. Here in the United States in take 12 years to teach a child to learn to read, write, spell, and to math. 12 years? Maybe that's why we have fallen in our education. 12 years to learn. I think it could be done in four years. The rest of the years could be for teaching a trade. College could be saved for a degree. If the kids would have a trade maybe they could go to work and not so much sit around at home and watch TV. Maybe if the kids would get the educational basics out of the way they would be better students. Maybe if we would have better students we would have less problems to deal with here in American. Giving more money to the "sad teachers" will not do anything for the students. We need better ways to teach the students and prepare them for the real world. I feel we are hanging on the old ways. A new is here today. I wish the school would have teached me the basics at first, maybe I would have wrote a better letter to you explaining it the right way in what if feel about education.



3-
Good morning Charles:
I just got done printing off a couple of copies of your
write up and will put one away for your spring time visit
as I said last evening that sunday will be one month since
my meeting with the ministers.
And unbelievably I was out this morning for a coffee
on the boardwalk and a reporter wants to do an update on
the addiction centre and recovery process ie: how exessable
is it to get there and is what their doing for me (FOR ALL) or
am I recieving special treatment and so on.
He says there,s rumours being told that people are wandering
if their just trying to keep me busy.
O.K. I,ve got to go for know my boss needs my help and
is standing over my sholder and putting the rush on me.


4- never been better! Thanx. See you're still hard at work

5- i like the new system better. i don't check my email often and with the new system i can just bookmark your site.
Thanx a lot Charles!!


6- Getting your updates is better through email !!


7- Politicians who have no sense of humour do not last long in the
business.
Bernard is generally going downhill, but he can keep going that way as
long as
there is no credible opposition. the other parties have to start
proposing
ideas and solutions in red to be credible to the general voter. so
far, there
is no alternative to Bernard. fix that!!!!
the weather here is nice, the sand is warm and comfortable, the cost of
beer
here is 1.50 cdn at the restaurants and the sun is warm. business is
good, life
is fine.
when are you coming to visit? perhaps if you told the bureaucrats and
detractors of yours that you would be quiet for a month they would pay
for a
flight, just to get you out of town for a while!! maybe worth a try.
have fun


8- I am sorry......... I thought this was more of a support group and
someplace to be able to talk about what we go thru on a daily
basis....... not a government bitch out board......... there are too
many of those alread!!!

I will just make myself at home back on my page........

9- Daily Gleaner
As published on page A6 on August 7, 2002

Uncomfortable with talk of young tanker

Dear Editor: On a Monday morning, Aug. 5, I was walking along the St. John River. As I crossed under the Westmorland Street Bridge and headed towards railway footbridge I saw a lot of military personnel, tanks and other military items.

I wondered why they have landed on the beaches of the St. John River. Then I realized it was just some kind of military exhibition. As I weaved through tanks and other vehicles, I saw a group of three or four people listening to this young military gentleman.

First, to look at this gentleman one would think that he couldn't hurt a fly.

But here he was elatedly explaining the capability of a tank, which I assumed he operated.

He was saying how the tank could kill people by the dozens if he was protecting the Sheraton, for example.

He was talking about killing people as if he was in a bowling alley and knocking down bowling pins. Yes, I have respect for the military. These young men and women sacrifice their lives so that others can be safe.

Yet I wish that there was a way that these sacrifices can be avoided altogether through peace. I know it is not easy. I also wish that I would win $1 million in the lottery some day. However, for the lottery one can only wish, but for peace one can work towards it and reduce the chances of conflicts.

I should not be misunderstood. I am not a total peacenik. I used to get into brawls all the time when I was growing up. I provoked quite a few of them myself.

I got mostly beaten up and other times I barely escaped. I learned my lesson the hard way. I also believe that one must fight injustice until one can overcome it no matter how big the hurdles are.

However, I do not believe fighting with weapons, but using other means, including raising awareness about the injustice, exposing the perpetrator, arranging and participating in peaceful demonstrations and writing letters to the editor.

Back to the military exhibition, as I moved further away from it I saw these posters "Tank you, but no tank you."

I said to myself: "Thank you whoever you are who put these posters up."

No, I did not get a chance to join the actual peace demonstration but I am glad someone was arranging it.

??????????????
Fredericton


10- Time again for comments from your favourite reader. :)

1. Why do you make a big deal over what people say on phone-in shows?
Most
(not all) callers are more ignorant and way more angry than regular
people.
They don't represent the real 'voice of the people'. So, just because
the
callers on a phone-in show are anti-Irving, doesn't mean Saint Johnners
are.
Some are, some are not.

2. Cameras in the classroom would be a huge invasion of the privacy of
everyone in the room, it's a horrible idea! Not to mention the danger
if
stalkers or pedophiles ever found a way to tap into those cameras!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got my tea and sat down last night to hear you on Voice of the Province and either I missed you or you went there? I found it very strange so were you on or not?