Monday, April 11, 2005

THE IRVINGS FIRED NEWSPAPER JOURNALIST WHO WROTE AGAINST LNG!!!

Remember the Here newspaper in Saint John???



It was a good little independent paper until the Irvings bought it last year!


"here" in the mddle


A reporter name Mike Parker was the journalist who wrote about the going ons within Common Council in Saint John!

His columns was direct and straight forward.

Last week, he wrote a story about the LNG issue. He was dead set against their decision.

Guess what? He was soon out of a job!

Josh Beuthel, my favourite political Cartoonist soon quit the Irvings staff afterwards!

Have we seen any of this in the Irving’s papers? Of course not!!!!

Thank God for CFBC < talk of the town > because we would had never heard anything about this issue!!!

I phoned the radio talk show this morning.

I told the audience - In my view, This is just a warning for our future Journalists who are being trained at Universite De Moncton and Saint Thomas of what could happen if they decide to write against the Irvings!

The Senate Committee will be in Moncton on April 21st to study this issue and I don’t have to hitch a ride to that meeting because someone told me they will drive me at that meeting!

Pretty nice eh? I am going to be straight forward and right to the point! This is hurting New Brunswickers BIG TIMES!!!!

As I told the audience this morning, it’s like Germany all over again. We don't go around and execute people but Hitler took control of the media to brainwash the Citizens in Germany. The same action is happening in New Brunswick!

But what I find very strange with the Mike Parker's issue?

I always believe that J.D. Irving and Irving Oil were totally different. I guess not?

If any Irving reporters crossed that thin line? They will be fired and since the Irvings owns all the newspapers in this province? They will not be able to find work!

Germany? You tell me?

The HERE paper has a open forum on the net and it used to be a place where anyone could write their views on different issues!

No more!

You have to give the Irving staff your real name and they will give you a password!

Only praising comments about the Irving Empire will be printed!

It’s all part of the Irving final solution!!!

Hiii Irving!!!!

By the way? If any of you wish to call the open talk show in Saint John???

The toll free number is 1-800-561-8255!

The show is on from 9:00am till 11:00am!!! It’s the only radio talk show in the whole province and I wonder why? We need talk shows to spread the word!

There’s going to be a protest at the entrance of the refinery Tuesday evening and I don’t believe that many people will show up for that one because Irving security has cameras all over the place. People are scare to speak out and that’s the way it is!

I say that close to a 100 people will be brave enough to show up!!!

On another emotional issue????

No one from the media or Family Services went and talk to the girl who’s five months pregnant!!!!

I wonder why? Is it because it’s Charles LeBlanc who spoke out on this issue????

The unborn should be protected but since the Irvings won’t allowed stories about the issue of the poor in their newspapers?

There’s not much we can do!

The Irvings through the media wants to tell the public that every thing is ok! Don’t worry!!! Be happy!!!!

I heard a good but sad story about the issue of Ritalin a couple of days ago but I can’t go publicly with this one yet! Wait till you hear what a individual told me about this issue? Stay tune!!!

Ok…I wrote this one very very very fast! So excuse the grammar and style of this update because I am in a hurry!!!
Bye bye


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if this does not convince people about the irvings I don't know what will because I will tell you readers I know Mike Parker very well and he has been a part of the here magazine right from the beginning and no matter what he has written in the past he has NEVER been repremanded before all of a sudden the Irvings own the paper and he got canned for stating his or the publics view I see him on an almost daily occurance in the uptown and as far as I am now conserned the Irvings have finally proven the public right because there was absolutly no reason other than that story to fire mike. Charlie please use this along with many other things I'm sure you will come up with. Great job!! Don;t give up now I see someone referred to the telegraph as a $1.00 kent flyer very true only Irving interests within but truthfully there is not a dollars worth in it.

Anonymous said...

I can't remember the political writers name but I seem to recall on a past voice of the provine episode where a caller voiced his conserns about the Irvings owning the telegraph and the gleaner and asked her for an opinion on that I believe after tripping on her carefully picked words she said that she believed we the citizens of New Brunswick were reading too much into that as the Irvings might own the paper in question but that she didn't think that they would bother or didn't have the time to stop what they were doing to read everything that was being written in them. I believe that the head of the news department for cfbc and another gentleman were also on that episode at that time,well after all of this since that aired I'd be interested to hear her opinion now! I believe she said that she was from ONT.Once again we should say welcome to new brunswick,how are you liking it so far????

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot the most important part of that comment,she works for the Telegraph Journal...

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I ws the caller on Voice of the Province and her name is Lisa Hrabluk!!! She's a columnist for the Telegraph Journal!!!

Anonymous said...

It is about time we fire Bernard Lord who supports LNG and $112 million tax break for Irving.

Anonymous said...

They have just proved you 100% right by them firing a long time
journalist for the hear paper. It is a real shame and I hope that Mike branches out on his own again. As a New Brunswicker we need to start pressuring the
Government on putting a cap on what the Irvings can own and take the rest back. They control way too much and it makes our Government weak. You should see the forest of logs that are sitting at the saw mill in
Pennfield, it is really hard on the heart to see all of those trees down.
Is there really that big of a need to rape our forest like they do?
What has recycling done for our forest. Another point of interest is to take the Lou Murphy Bridge going to Milford Rd and look at the size of the sawdust piles, I should say mountains.
Again is there need for that
huge amount? People are tired of their greed and as a New Brunswicker there is not much hope for our children here. It is a real shame for the mess that
our Province is in and they can't blame it on the poor or working poor thats for sure!

Anonymous said...

Charles you got to figure out a way of bringing it across to the
readers that they should take advantage of this terrific website and with It’s great array of topics and titles to make it their own, remind them the numbers don't lie your getting exceptional amounts of hits but if their going to take the time to type in the website please take a moment to
leave a view or comment on any of the variety of topics it would be
appreciated immensely as spin-offs from other comments is were response seem to give a wider view of the overall, maybe wcie to write it in a way that might generate better interest as the most varitized and modern
maritime website which is improving everyday! Good Luck!! hey you must admit it has come along way!!

WCIE said...

Charles and I fully appreciate the comments and are working towards a more interactive and useable site. We will certainly look into spinning some of the comments into full posts. We have been looking at this already.

The site has grown quickly and we sometimes feel, as I am sure you must understand, a little overwhelmed at times.

Good news however, due to the generosity of many I now have the funding needed to give Charles a computer for him to use and keep for his updates with him. It has wireless internet and a good size monitor. We will formally let everyone know about it once it is in Charles possesion, hopefully by late this week.

We have been asked to translate the site and are looking into the feasibility of such a move but certainly appreciate all of the ideas garnished from the comments. Look for a few changes in the near future.

All the best,
WCIE.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Yeah.....I'm happy the way the numbers are going up. It's a fantastic way to spread the message to New Brunswickers and the world of what's going on in this Province. Me and WCIE are both equal partners in this blog and he seem happy of the way this blog is going!!!! This blog wouldn't be as updated as it is these days! So WCIE??? Merci!!!

Anonymous said...

AAALLLL RIGHT CHARLES I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU YOUR BUD FROM THE SUD.VERY GOOD INDEED ,gee they may actually have to start giving you just a tad of respect down at your second house lol.

Anonymous said...

I just had a chat this morning and Mike was indeed fired but not specificly for the lng story but that did finalize the inevitable they had been gunning for him right from the start knowing his loose cannon like attitude so it was more of a waiting game and thus the grand finish.this could be more detailed but this is the some of the entirety.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

This is what the Irvings do! I might add that they're very good at it! They never say that they fire an employee. They always find an excuse but then again? This is the reason that have control of all the lawyers in this Province. Anyone know hos many people showed up at the entrance of the refinery yet???? I predict- 100 people!!!

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

SPIN STORY.....This is what the Irvings do! I might add that they're very good at it! They never say that they fire an employee. They always find an excuse but then again? This is the reason that have control of all the lawyers in this Province. Anyone know hos many people showed up at the entrance of the refinery yet???? I predict- 100 people!!!

Anonymous said...

Well charlie you were half right there was about 200 people and alot of horn blowing the clincher was there was one individual that worn a "I'm with Norm T-shirt" to stir the pot up a bit but bottom line is predictions were right there is still not a big enough crowd to start getting effect yet but that's not to say that it can't get stronger as the weather warms up I also think if these meetings are to be a little more effective they must get the word out with more advance to give them time to drum up extra support and for a couple of people with mini vans or something to that effect to offer up rides to and from these things.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Yeah 200 people showed up and the Irving's paper never covered the story!! I wonder why???..lol

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Does anyone know the whole story about Mike Parker being fired from the Irving's paper???

Anonymous said...

I'll see if I can bump in to him in the morning and ask first hand and If I see him I will post what he tells me tomorrow at this time.

Anonymous said...

THE IRVINGS ARE HARD UP FOR SUBSCRIBERS TO THEIR NEWSPAPER....I GOT 3 CALLS IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS TO SIGN UP AGAIN FOR HOME DELIVERY.....NO WAY I SAID........

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

They never called moi????

Anonymous said...

Hey that's gotta becoming an everyday pet peeve,that's also happened to me and the third time I wasn't as pleasant as the first two and some friends have told me that same story maybe just maybe people are getting wise to (prefered information only newspapers)knowing they are not getting both sides of the story tends to dissatifies the the buyer So Irvings take heed in the fact that you could end up owning a pile of antique equipment and molded piles of paper.