Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A POEM FOR BERNARD LORD BY TIM SMITH!!!!

(A parting from office brief )

OverBoard With Mr.Lord!!

Overboard went Mr.Lord Into the river of shame.
And as he went down,he said with a frown
I have nobody else to blame

As the people they spoke My ministers I woke
Saying deal with these problems at hand
Putting them on the spot so I wouldn't get caught
For my plans that they don't understand

For I fooled all the voters on elections that day
Into thinking I’m the man for the job
They had no idea the price they would pay
Nor did I in creating a mob

I thought I could fool them into thinking I might
Be the premier of choice that would put up their fight
But instead I destroyed everything that I touch
Now the voters are saying they suspected as much

So they yell and they scream that they don't have to live
With a man such as me a ( Con-ser-va-tive)
And if truth should be told then I probably would
Agree with the people that I misunderstood

Reflecting back now with no choice I digress
My legacy, job and my life in a mess
And the rumor I’m hearing I suppose that it's true
Back in with the red and out the blue...

Be it Liberals or Tories, the people will choose
And with your new powers you must never abuse
For it turns out the people hold power of blame
So take care not to join me in this river of shame!

(Timothy Smith 2005)


Charles 04_07_05 070

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very appropriate poems and picture. Good bye Mr. Lord. May you pay for your sins.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Lord is defending $112 million tax break to Irvings on LNG and $6 million to a Quebec Company Molson. Also he is defending the spread of VLTs so that he can take those dollars from poor and give it to rich.

A perfect Robin Hood in reverse.

Then he does not care about the abuse of Ritalin and other prescription drugs. People of this province are not his concern. Big business is his going concern, as he does not want to hurt the sales of big pharmaceutical companies.

Anonymous said...

Tim have a safe trip home and thank you for your bravery on exposing bernard lord for who he really is,now the public knows without a doubt that this government is heavily addicted to the revenues of vlts and that is why there is no plan to cure the problem.Good job!!I hope you will enjoy this weekend with your daughter you definitly deserve a well earned rest.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I'm sorry about the Jingle bell poem but we try not to swear in the post!!! I know it's very difficult not to swear but we can give it a good try!!!!

So? This is the reason I deleted that comment!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Lord as usual is playing politics with our lives and this time with child care support. Just read the exchange below and see how rude this man Bernard Lord is.

Mr. S. Graham: It is clear that federal and provincial officials had a deal to provide New
Brunswick families with over $100 million over five years for child care support. Only a few minutes ago, we learned that this deal has been scrapped by the Premier’s Office. Could the Premier please explain to families in New Brunswick who are in need of this much-needed support why the Conservative government is cancelling this deal at the last minute?
Mr. Lord: We see that the lapdog of the federal government is back in the Legislature today. He just got a call from the federal government that he should ask us a question.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

The part that I don't understand? Isn't there a holicopter that he can fly to Saint John? He's using the business of the Legislature as an excuse. Frank McKenna used to have one because I flew in it in the 90s.

Anonymous said...

There's no helicopter. There's a plane, but it costs thousands of dollars to take it per hour. A waste to fly to Saint John for a photo op.

Anonymous said...

It has noting to do with helicopter or plane. Lord is playing politics with child care. Billions were lost on Orimulsion botched deal and Lord wants Martin to help with funds using the excuse of Point Lepreau before he will accept $100 million for childcare.
Can you believe that. Childcare can wait so that Lord can play his stupid little political games.

Anonymous said...

It was strongly believed when bernard thought the federal government was going to fall (Another gone wrong brain storm)
He would have been able to kiss up to harper for a better deal on the daycare package in question it should be interesting to see how long he is going to hold out on the kids now that it looks like that will be the only deal he gets as like he says here,the federal government is using his own words by telling him what he tells us,We will not be forced or blackmailed into making any rush decissions on such matters.
Too bad soo sad Mr.Lord you must try in the future to remember what comes out of your mouth in haste comes from another right back at you.
I as well as many others in this province would just like you to release us from your self governing and prison like grip on new brunswick,call an election and let the people speak instead of being such a burden on society.just take it like a man,walk away and never look back because there will no goodwill behind you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

I've seen this post before but important things are always worth reminding. After all, repetition is the mother of learning.

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

Sounds great.