Saturday, May 28, 2005

SAINT JOHN IS POLLUTED BY THE IRVINGS AND NOW THIS?????

Ok… Yesterday afternoon, I received this little email from someone in Saint John. I knew there was a problem with the garbage on the streets but not this bad!!!!
maycleanup57victoria

aftercleanupmay19thleftbehind

For you newcomers? The City of Saint John have not had a May clean up in four years so many citizens have a lot of garbages pile up!!!! Here’s the letter that I received-

May 27th, 2005

HI Charles

I am not at all into politics.... But thought I would give it a shot anyhow.

When spring clean up came around this year ( after not seeing it for 4 years) the

City Crews decided NOT to take our cleanup pile... there were NO appliances etc....

I think what the problem was is that the people next door put so much garbage out
that the crew decided after picking it all up, it was too much.

Anyhow, they did not take anything from our pile and its still sitting in front of our 4 unit building, tied nicely, boxed and bagged actually nice, compared to some I have seen.

Wednesday a black 1/2 ton pulled up right in front of our window and dumped a loveseat and a couple of large recliners on OUR Pile, Yes In broad daylight, can you imagine, they are using our pile as a dumping post and a playground....

I am always telling kids to "GET" as I am afraid they are going to get hurt on the glass etc..... or WHO knows what MIGHT be in those Bags!

This garbage is not on our property line, its on the cities line, its their liability..... It is depreciating the property, I will not even go in
or out my front door, it looks that bad.. Looks like a god damn dump. WE have just put new siding on the building and we are TRYING to rent 2 apartments.....

They will never get rented, UNLESS the CITY does The job of hauling this stuff away! when they speak of clean up guidelines...well it took me damn near an
hour to find any guidelines, they should have delivered to every resident these guidelines...

Irregardless I found the guidelines and applied them to our buildings garbage.... still they would not or did not take our pile.

I really need some help here..... CAN you tell me whom/which MLA is for North End?

I have called, faxed and emailed the city on more than 1 occasion. I have also sent before and after pictures.

CTV contacted me and I have even been on the news because of this so called clean up and still NO REPLY from the City.

Can you make any suggestions? I would like to burn it all, but want to find out the lawyers surrounding that before I do something like that. I cannot pay
$200.00 or more dollars to have this stuff hauled away..... nor can I pile all this stuff back, Most I personally did not place there, tenants in my building did. And I have no one to help.

It really looks bad.

Please reply Charles and I WILL send you pictures!!!

Thanks so very much, I do look forward to your reply.

I listen to you on the radio and think its great, glad you are out there.......doing and saying what you think! someone has to....

Mrs Sherwood rebecca_sherwood@hotmail.com


I quickly printed out the email and walked at the Legislature. Just like a bloodhound, I tried to located Trevor Holder < P.C. MLA > who represents her riding but no luck!!!
THIS IS TREVOR HOLDER!!!
Charles 04_07_05 057

I bumped into Kelly Lambrock and gave him the email to forward it to Trevor!
THIS IS KELLY LAMBROCK!!
Misc 131

What’s going to happen in this issue? Who knows? Here’s another letter that the woman email to the City of Saint John. Stay tune for more on this issue in this Blog. All the Councillors from Saint John < except Carl White > are on my list so lets see what's going to happen????

May 18th, 2005

City Of SaintJohn
Attention: OFFICE MANAGEMENT TEAM
Spring Clean up, North end

Good Morning;

I am writing this letter in concern. I would like to bring it to your attention that our clean up/garbage was not taken from our 4 unit building unit at 55-57
Victoria St. When the truck was here, they only took the garbage from 53 Victoria which did not belong to our building.

The garbage we put out consisted of boxes for the most part but there was also bags and tied boards we well, 1 4 drawer dress, NO appliances.

My Husband called the City today Wednesday May 18th, 005 at 658-4455. The (lady) party he spoke to said we were over our weight limit. How would this party know
this when my husband did not give our address or name or any other information.

I will point out that our pile at 55-57 Victoria Street, North, was 1/3 of the pile of junk that was left out at 53 Victoria (I have pictures of before the
clean up crew were around and after they were around,if you would like me to forward them to you.)

I would also like to point out that since residents have put out their garbage for the 1st time since we have lived here in 4 years, one must expect there to
me more than average….. And more than a 1 unit, 2 unit or 3 unit building.

Also the kids in the neighborhood have been playing on the garbage, daily we are chasing them away. There are nails, broken glass and sharp objects for these kids
to get severely hurt on. It will not be my responsibility, as I am not the owner and I have forwarded this notice to your office to inform you of this liability.

I will also notify the Dept. of Health and Safety.

I would really like a reply as soon as possible. Soon this garbage will be all over the street. I am tired of picking it up and bundling it together.

It is the City’s responsibility to pick this up and they choose to ignore it, being over worked this annum I suppose, considering this clean up has not taken place in the city’s north end in a few years.

Please have someone from your office call me as soon as possible. I do thank you for your time and your immediate attention regarding this enquiry, my contact
information is at closing.

Have a terrific long holiday weekend!


Mrs. Sherwood
55-57 Victoria St. North, Apt 1
SaintJohn, N.B.
Canada
E2K-1L2
506-638-0014 HOME
506-693-7673 FAX
rebecca_sherwood@hotmail.com Email

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Onus is on Mayor and council. What is wrong with them.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

As the woman wrote? Maybe it was just Human error??? You would believe for the safety of the kids in that area that they would have clean up the garbage but I guess not!!! Stay tune!! This is day one that the story have been posted in this blog and I will continue to keep in touch with the poor woman!

Anonymous said...

Charles
It is still sitting there...... Although we put some things into bags as thursday was garbage day... I waited for the garbage men to come arouns, they did take al the bags, so now we are left with 4ft lenghts of tied wood. a few small mattresses and boxes. Also the things some ignorant person left for s, the loveseat and chairs.
I will keep you posted.
Mrs S

Anonymous said...

Take the whole thing and leave it in front of mayor's house as a gift (kidding). Who knows he may enjoy the Love Seat as he needs some 'loving' from the citizens of Saint John.