Friday, June 10, 2005

LNG MEETING WAS LOUD AND INTERESTING!!!

Ok…it’s been quite a last 24 hours. Last evening, I attended the meeting at Harbour View School.

NOTICE THE TABLE ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE IS EMPTY!!! I WONDER WHY!!!

crowd


It was hosted by CFBC in Saint John. This was a place for the citizens in Saint John to voice their objections against the manner the City reach a deal with the Irvings of the LNG plant. Hey? I even bumped into my bigot buddy Jimmy Webb. Me and this former co-founder of the C.O.R. Party always argue the Freanch issues on the talk show so therefore if we agree on this issue? It must be a good one!

bigot10

The number of citizens who attended the meeting varies from who you talk with? The organizers will say 400 to 500 people showed up but the media will put the number closer to 300 people.

crowd10

The Irving papers will surely not put the number at 500!

I went there with my good friend Dorothy Dawson. The organizers told us to sit up in the front.

DOROTHY

I quickly replied - Hey? I’m the shy type!

They said - Yeah right!! You? Shy??? Hey? Guess what?

I am the shy type! Since I’ve been a kid,

I never enjoyed sitting up front. I don’t know why but then again it’s very hard for me to stand still in one seat. I always had that problem. < ADHD remember? >

I’ll be sitting there for 30 minutes and I got to move. Of course, I enjoy chatting with people that I haven’t seen in years and this was the case this last evening.

I believe this was the first time that a host < Rick Mantle >of a local talk show in Saint John have organise a public debate and I might add that it was live on CFBC!

It’s going to be very interesting to see if Rick Mantle is still around next year as host of this talk show?

rick

Will the Irvings use their muscles to make certain that Rick is history after this season?
bios_townspeople_burns
Time will tell?

Talk shows are becoming very popular in this Province because it’s the only way to spread the message among New Brunswickers.

What else can a person do? We sure cannot turn towards the Irving’s Newspapers!
bios_townspeople_burns
During the meeting, for one minute? I said to myself - I’m not going to asks questions but being Charles, I was the first one on the mike but little did I know Abel LeBlanc was right behind me on the other mike and my god this is ever gave a good speech!

abel

Nothing better than a longshoreman to tell it as it is! Then it was my turn and I was told to speak away from the Mike but this didn’t work but I was concern with one issue only.
charles

When this LNG issue came uo for the first time. I quickly walked into the Liberal building in Fredericton and my main concern was that this could intervered with the Equal opportunity Act.

charles1

You know big industries could approach small towns and demand the same deal as Saint John in which they couldn’t compete. Louis Robichaud must be turning in his grave. I believe that Bernard Lord is breaking the law on this one? But what the hell do I know? But they did debate the same issue on CBC tonight so therefore maybe I am not far off the mark?

Speaking of power? Guess what?

They changed the flag at Fort Latour!

Power of the bloggers!!!

blogglers

It took 4 days for the proper officials to act on this issue but WE DID IT!!!

It only took four day!!!

Now if the Lord Government would move that quick on other New Brunswickers issues?

That would be perfect!

Boy? They sure move in the Irving LNG deal eh? Really fast! No fooling around there.

The Irvings Bureaucrats are hard at work in the Capital and this is the reason this issue is on the top burner.

The Lord Government and the Irvings truly believe that the citizens who are against this deal will go away.

I got news for these people? Sorry! They’re not going to go away with the sunset and the Mayor of Saint John must…I REPEAT MUST hold an news conference and announce that the City is going to go over this tax deal with the Irvings!

The Mayor must admit that it was a mistake to debate this emotional issue with a gun to their heads! Will it happen? Of course not!

While in the Mayor’s office, I discussed this issue with Norm MacFarlane and I compared it to the era of Richard Nixon.

mayor

I’m not saying that he’s a crook. I’m saying that he must tell the public that he made a mistake and the issue of LNG is holding the City back so therefore we’re going to scrap this deal.

I also asked the Mayor that he should go for a stress test and a medical because stress is an awful thing. It sneaks slowly behind you and once it gets an hold on you?

It’s too late!!!

The Mayor told the media that he was going to clean up the garbage in the City of Saint John. < I mean the real garbage >

garbage5

Look at these two girls playing near the left over in the City? Scary!!! Lets see what’s going to happen with this issue.

garbage4

Now, it’s late in the evening and I’m tired so therefore please excuse the grammar and style of this update!!..ok???

Good night!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norm McFarlane has got to go. He was a terrible MLA and I say that because I had dealings with him. I had a very hard thing to talk to this former MLA and when I arrived for my appointment at his office on the Golden Mile, he invited me into a board room along with that assistant that he still has. That was bad enough but then they chose to leave the door open and all the people sitting waiting their turn could here my story about what my husband had been through with the WHSCC. I found it very disrespectful on his part. Now on Monday morning low and behold, here was Norm McFarlane asking people to respect him like he respects others. I say keep the BOOOOOOOOOO'S coming because that is what he deserves because he was a disgrace as an MLA and he is a disgrace as a Mayor. Out the door for Norm!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks that it was not only Mayor MacFarlane but also push came from Boring Lord. Look how they are fast-tracking it through the Legislature.

Boring Lord was asked in the legislature why was he burdening Saint John residents with this millions of tax break to Irving on LNG. He said because he does not want to burden rest of the province. What a baloney and hypocrisy.

There were tolls on highways before that unfortunate time that he became Premier in 1999. We stood to collect millions and millions of dollars from the out of the province travelers, truckers. Travelers and truckers from Ontario, Quebec, U.S. and other places. No, he wanted New Brunswickers to pay it all including the penalties that province paid for breaking highways tolls deal. Apparently he likes outsiders better. They freely go through New Brunswick and then pay any tolls in Nova Scotia. Why did he do that because he was desperate to become Premier and NBers were just the pawns in the game? This man has no morals no ethics just raw ambition to become Premier and then Prime Minister, God forbid. Nationally they are catching on with him.

Anonymous said...

When other jurisdiction are fighting to keep LNG out because of environmental hazards, Saint John and Lord Government is rushing to give away over $100 million in tax rebates to locate one in Saint John. How out of step we are with rest of the world.
For example proposed LNG terminal in Passamaquoddy Bay area in Eastport, Me is receiving the stiffest opposition.

Where angels tread carefully fools jump right in. That is what Lord and McFarland are doing. Too bad for Saint John and too bad for N.B. Let us face it we elected these morons to do this to us.

Anonymous said...

NB Power Distribution and Customer Services Corporation also known as DISCO is playing DISCO with NB ratepayers. That have to make up for the losses through Orimulsion fiasco. Only Lord and NB Power are enjoying the dance and we the ratepayers are paying the piper. A dark night has fallen on NB and it is hoped by daybreak Lord and cronies will be gone.

Anonymous said...

Just a note, the photos you have on the site are of a pile of garbage on Vitoria St. in the North End. This was put out AFTER the garbage pickup day, not on or before. Other piles were out on time and simply didn't follow the rules, but not the one on Victoria St. it was put out AFTER the cleanup in the area was over, and I believe the owners SHOULD be made pay for cleaning up that pile.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I remove the comments because they were all the same....