Monday, September 12, 2005

SAINT JOHN - WALKING DOWNTOWN!!!!

A couple of months ago, Tim Smith and I went for a little walk in downtown Saint John.

images_static_Councillor_Titus-May2004

Of course, we met a lot of people whom I haven’t seen in years.

In Prince Edward Mall, I bumped into a woman I call - Princess. I first met this nice girl in the late 80s when I first came to the Loyalist City to work on the Frigate Program.

princess

Later on, I bumped into Mike McGraw who’s a heavy player in the P.C. Party. I wanted to learn the Irving dance!.,,lol…

mike

I notice an old buddy name snowball. He’s still kicking.

snow

One site that I find disgusting is King’s Square.

squar

Here in Fredericton, Officer’s Square is being used almost every weekend.

P1010028

King’s Square could be use more often.

Another site that I don’t understand is this. I traveled across the States and Canada on a ten speed bicycle and I seen a lot of parks in the middle of the City. I wrote a letter to the Saint John Common Council that I didn’t understand the reason there isn’t two flag polls in the square. The Canadian and New Brunswick flags should be flying in the Square. It would beautify this area!

It could be located beside this war memorable for the veterans.

flags

During the cold days of November, they place little flag poles beside the war statue.

When Chris Titus was first elected? I left a message on his answering machine telling him to mention the flag poles situation in King’s Square but he never did.

images_static_Councillor_Titus-May2004

Queen square was heavily damage one morning. Take a look at this two by four with a huge nail sticking out!

Saint John June 04-05 022

I always enjoy this statue of Samuel De Champlain.

Saint John June 04-05 023

I was told that this statue used to have a sword on his side but it’s gone. I might add that there used to be a fish in each corner but they’re gone. That’s sad!!!

One guy Junior wanted to know what happen to the Melanson Live show? I guess he enjoys my point of views on these talk shows.

MEALNSON
CHRIS2

I met another buddy from the shipyard.

ben

His name is Benny! I haven’t seen this guy in years.

Then I met this beautiful girl from P.R.U.D.E.! Ain’t she a beauty?

jocy

Then I bumped into this former politician. His name is Christopher Waldschutz.

CHRIS1

I always liked this guy and he was the talk of the City on many issues. This guy wasn’t afraid to speak his mind.

He used to be a pilot for the Irvings!

I bumped into this individual who give me a tongue lashing on the new Anti- Smoking bylaws. She told me that business went down 50%!

marg

This guy Peter Fugerson spoke out very loud for a anti-smoking by law. But he still has his VLT'S in his bar! I jokely told him that he should campaign very hard for its removal??? Ha didn't bite!!!! I wonder why????...lol

I wonder how many other people feel the same way? We will know after the next provincial election.

Yes, a person can bumped into a lot of people in downtown Saint John.
Hey? I even bumped into a former Cabinet Minister - Jane Barry!!!

J BARRY

I was even looking for the Irvings but I couldn’t locate them!

irvingoil

Hey? I even bumped into the outspoken one!!!!!

elsie

Please excuse the grammar of this blog because I got a bad cold and it’s very hard to concentrate.

2 comments:

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Charles, I have just had a quick view of your talents as a writer and as a photographer. I am impressed. You have been doing some interesting work. I know your heart is in the right place and maybe someday some important people, those with mega bucks, will be able to see your talents as well. Keep up the good and caring work.

Anonymous said...

I see Mr.Titus almost daily I'll run the flag suggestion by him again and let you know what he says...