Tuesday, November 29, 2005

THE IRVINGS AND THE LOCAL MEDIA WORKING HAND IN HAND WITH THE NEW BRUNSWICK HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION????

There’s something that I don’t understand and maybe someone can helped me with this one?

jd
sign1
poor

Are the Irvings, local media and the New Brunswick Human Rights Commission working hand in hand?

irving3

My concern is this one?

At least once a month, we always read or see newscasts about cases with the Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission.

FLAG

Here in New Brunswick? You don’t hear a whisper.

I know for a fact! Once I go into their Human Rights building, the employees are always on the phones.

But the public don’t hear or read nothing about these complaints.

Why is that now?

A few people have asked me the reason the media didn’t cover the complaint of political activism?

This is the very first case in this province.

It’s been accepted by not a whisper from the media.

I believe the Irvings are keeping these issues from the public for a reason.

irving1

Take a look at the FAPO meeting a few weeks ago where I was a guess speaker. I spoke loud and clear about boarders and roomers rights.

a11

I didn’t know there was a Irving employee from the Daily Gleaner in the room.

He’s the guy in a black suit up front.

P1010027

He must be a young reporter who’s just following orders from the Irvings not to cover my concerns. The next day many people at the meeting couldn't understand the reson this issue wasn't covered by the Irvings?

p1010019
P1010016

I asked the Daily Gleaner months ago to do a story on this issue. At the meeting? Many had concerns of this issue.

Charles 04_07_05 018
P1010031

We’re the only province in Canada that boarders or roomers have no rights whatsoever.

painting2

Go to VIVENEW BRUNSWICK.COM for more information on this issue.

topvivelogo

Just click on this website- target="_blank">Charles
Blog


It’s just another issue that proves my point about the Irving’s monopoly in this province.

If a reporter covers my concerns? They will be fired right on the spot.

At the end, they will have to leave New Brunswick because the Irvings owns all the newspapers in this Province.

The Irvings are trying to brainwash the public via the papers but it’s not working!

I don’t have a big ego but I was the main attraction of the evening because I told the audience sad stories such as a roomer who was force to sh@t in a garbage bag because the caretaker didn’t wish him to use the washroom but not a whisper in the paper the next day on this issue.

I might add that they can evict you and you have one hour to leave the building!

CHARLES10000

I believe that the Irvings wish to keep the poor population in check by denying the poor to have a voice or to be heard.

Picture 040

I believe that I have proven in the past that I am not a media hound but facts are facts!

Charles 04_07_05 073

First we have the Irvings who are denying the rights to New Brunswickers to write letters to the Editor.

Just a few months ago, the Rogers Television have joined the Irvings in denying New Brunswickers rights to phone their talk shows.

rich web
LIR marriage
VOICDE

Which reminds moi? I have to write that letter to the C.R.T.C.!

So what gives anyway? Yes, I believe that the Irvings have given the orders not to cover any complaints that goes to the New Brunswick Human Rights Commission because they don’t wish New Brunswickers to know there’s a place that can complaint.

The media in the Capital must cover this very important issue!!!

P1010088

But I knew there was a place to complain and look what happened to me 4 years ago?

The New Brunswick Human Rights Commision sent me a letter telling me that my complaint was without merit!

It was a very racist and discriminatory case against the Irvings.

Ok Charles…don’t get yourself going early in the morning…go have a coffee….lol…..

But seriously? I don’t understand the reason New Brunswickers don’t hear about Human Rights cases in the Province by the media?

Nova Scotians hear cases all the time but not here?

FLAG

Is there a reason? You tell moi????

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got to understand the nature of the media. Media is no longer in the business of 'providing information', at least not in this province.

I've even read New Brunswick economic development blogs where they say the same thing-that if the 'facts' are unfavourable, then they are ignored. If economic statistics are good, then they get front page coverage, however, if they are bad, they are not mentioned unless some kind of 'spin' can be found.

There are MANY reasons to do this, most importantly is to keep the general population from getting too concerned that things are going to hell in a handbasket. It's to make them think 'well, things aren't SO bad here' or 'it's the same everywhere'.

There is no doubt that Irving is 'bad news', it is corporate news. Which means everything is from the point of view of the corporation, and for THEM, everything IS lovely. They don't care about the poor-they aren't poor and the poor make lousy customers.

Anonymous said...

I wish there was an easy or magical answer to pass on Charles:

You know the deal as to who owns the local newspaper. Poor Old CFBC hardly has any staff left, and their currently on the selling Block.

The same organization that owns the newspaper, also owns 2 of the other radio stations here in Saint John, and the ATV News organization sure as heck isn't what it used to be years ago. Look how their newsrooms have been downsized as well.

It's ironic all the Media Outlets say they want to know everything thats happening and going on. But is seems to me in my personal opinion only, " They Only Want To Know And Use, What their Owners want or will allow them to use.

But one of the other things that amazes me is this, they treat their readers, viewers and listeners like crap in most cases, but yet they'd love to know and talk to you, if you were handing over some big financial dollars whenever they decide to hold some kind of a charity drive.

Then they'd advertise that they the media organization did this and for the Community, when all along it's the Readers, Listeners, and readers who helped the Community, and not the media organizations.

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to note that they don't even call it ATV news, now its CTV news.

Anonymous said...

Quote from Charles:

"I believe that I have proven in the past that I am not a media hound but facts are facts!"

Not a media hound -- this is by far the best line I have yet seen yet in this blog... and there have been some doozies!

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Media hound??? Maybe in the past but not the last 3 years. Sorry....you're wrong because I believe that I was proven this during the protest. Took 50 days to cover the issue. But I will admit that the media hepls to spread the word but these days? They don't cover issues like they use to...p.s. I 'm happy that you had a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm losing it as well Charlie ? I honestly don't see a Media Hound Posting on my screen. For this story.

I stand corrected, and will be person enough to admit any error I made.

Anonymous said...

I DID NOT KNOW THAT CFBC WAS ON THE SELLING BLOCK AS POSTED BY ONE OF YOUR PREVIOUS COMMENTORS.....AS FOR ATV, THEY DIDN'T DOWN SIZE, THEY HAD A LOT OF STAF MOVE ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER JOBS, AND THE ATV WAS CHANGED TO TO JUST CTV TO KEEP ALL THEIR NEWS CHANNELS WITH THE SAME CALL LETTERS IN THE MARITIMES AS IN THE OTHER PROVINCES, AS WE ASKED A REPORTER ABOUT IT....

Anonymous said...

SOMEONE SHOULD CONTACT A NEWSPAPER FROM OUTSIDE THE PROVINCE TO COME HERE ...WHEN THEY SEE THE NEGATIVITY OF THE IRVING RAG, IT WOULD PROVE TO THEM THAT A NEW NEWSPAPER COULD MAKE A GOOD RUN FOR IT IN THIS CITY AND OUTLYING AREAS....THEY COULD PROBABLY TAKE THE FEW CUSTOMERS THAT ARE LEFT SUBSCRIBING TO THE LOCAL PIECE OF CRAP....IRVING CALL CENTER IN HALIFAX IS STILL CALLING TRYING TO GET EX CUSTOMERS BACK, BUT I TOLD THEM TO GET LOST!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

They are now giving the paper free. I have been receiving it for about 2 months now and I have never asked for it nor do I want it. It's great for my wood stove!