Thursday, January 19, 2006

WHICH DO YOU LIKE BETTER??? HUMAN BEINGS OR MACHINES???

Picture 019
counter

Last evening, I walked in rain to the Atlantic Superstore.

I love walking in the rain but I found it a long walk because of the ice.

Once there, I picked up my prescription and I noticed they had a big sale on their bread.

In the past, I always love Butternut bread but during the past few months, I really love Wonder Bread.

There’s a certain taste in that bread that I really like.

Once in that section, I noticed that the retail store had a wonderful special on Wonder bread.

Picture 020

It cost $1.19 per loaf.

I quickly grabbed two loafs of bread.

Once at the counter, I decided to try their automatic machines.

Picture 021

In the past, I would put the bills inside the machines and my change would come out.

This time around, I only had change.

After asking a woman who overlooks the machines where I put the change?

I started to put the change inside the machine but I soon ran into a problem.

I WAS THREE CENTS SHORT!!!

Embarrassing??? You bet???

What am I suppose to do now???

In the past, If I was short a few pennies?

I would grabbed a few cents from the penny pouch at the counter or the clerk would say - It’s ok!!!

Pay me next time!!!! Or if I have pennies in my change? I would put them in the penny pouch.

But not this time!!!! The machines was telling me - I need three more cents!!! I wasn't going anywhere until it had its three cents!!!

Picture 021

If I just ignored the three cents and leave? What would happen? Would a huge alarm go off? Would security quickly surround me and charge me with thief??? I was in a jam and didn't know what to do?

I quickly looked around if I knew somebody and as luck would have it?

There was a guy beside me?

Well? Here we go???

Charles the panhandler!!!

The guy told me that he only had bills in his wallet but he knew that I had a problem because the machine in front of me had no emotion and it wanted the three cents!!!

The poor guy ran to the counter and the clerk gave the guy some changes.

He gave me a quarter and in return I gave the guy 22 cents.

Sighhhhh…all this for three cents???...lol…

So here comes my question?

Do you like the machines better than the clerks?

Picture 019
counter

The clerks at the Superstore are terrific.

Just for the record? The manager at the Atlantic SuperStore told me that 38% of the costumers enjoy the machines.

What’s your opinion???

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charles, I did not think you were allowed to take pictures in the superstore?????

Anonymous said...

I like the human touch, after all they have kids to feed or an apartment to pay for.
There is absolutely no discount or any other sort of savings for doing the superstore's work for them and yet some prefer to take jobs away from our communities and put people out of work///Go Figure
We're such puppets of society these giant profit mongers don't even have to offer us something in return for helping them anymore.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

2:58 PM??? I won't charge them for free advertissment....I believe this was very nice of moi???

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

to 2:58pm? I'm a nice guy! I won't the store for the fine advertissement I just blog for the Superstore but mind you something else did happened in the store but I will not disclose the details. I told a few people already but I won't blog it.

Spinks said...

Nice to read about something a little different. The cashiers are my choice. They're just plain faster.

Anonymous said...

I won't shop at those stores. Went with my daughter and bought an item or two. I would rather have a clerk and I don't want to support this kind of shopping. There are stores that have the two ways; I'll chose the clerk every time or just shop elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

Listen here now shit smear. I posted a comment on this site last night. Today I noticed it was swiftly removed (as well be this one most likely)

Whats up Charlie? I thought you were against control of the media?

Anonymous said...

they do not even offer a discount for us to do their work so they can make more and more $$$$$$