Tuesday, February 07, 2006

FREDERICTON BUILDING INSPECTOR DON'T SEEM TO CARE IF PEOPLE GET SICK OR DIE????

Last week, the Lord Government held a two days conference to study and debate the issue of slumlords in this Province.

Misc 134

Well? I have a great example of what can or cannot happen when you’re dealing with a slumlord.

A lady used to live at 108 Brunswick Street and she had no choice but to take the place because she had little money.

She soon found out that the windows weren’t sealed and during the winter the snow would go through the door.

She also noticed mould would appear in her place and she began to be sick.

To make matter worse?

The place wasn’t properly insulated so the electricity bill went way up.

Good hearted MLA Abel LeBlanc heard about her situation and work very hard to get her somewhere else.

Months before she left, mice started running around the place.

It was terrible.

While she was moving, we noticed mould all over the place.

We took pictures as evidence and I went to the Fredericton building inspector Doug Overbo.

I told him the whole story but nothing was done.

I went to their office on many occasions and told them the workers who cleans or take care of the place only paints over the mould therefore the new tenants wouldn’t have a clue what’s going on?

The place was empty for months until last week.

Some young people moved in and I know it’s hard to believe but I do have a heart.

These people could have young kids with them? Who knows?

I knocked at the door and warned them that the place is full of mould.
Misc 134
The conversation lasted a few seconds and I left the area.

We got the picture of the mould and the mice.

I told the Fredericton building inspector about this.

I even give the Doug Overbo the phone number of the lady but he never called.

I wish that the two days conference would have been in the Capital because I could have told the Government that we have a building inspector in Fredericton who just doesn’t care.

Many believe that because this is the Capital of New Brunswick? Everything is just dandy!!!
Picture 041
But this is surely not the case.

The building inspector Doug Overbo should had have the decency to investigate this urgent issue.

The new tenants are going to get sick but we have people in City hall that just doesn’t care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie we'll know soon enough how tough their bite will be.

As soon as the new bill is passed,Lets just see if their bite is worst than their bark.

Just keep your eye on Saint John, North and South to be more precise.

If things are going to take place against Slumlords then surely this would be the starting point,
(Being the breeding ground)
and it should spread across the province from there.

Anonymous said...

we wish we wish but the slum lords have money and money buys "non caring people"

Anonymous said...

Why not post the pictures of the Mould and the Mice Charles, to really bring the full impact of this story to life on the Blog ?

Anonymous said...

The drama...the drama...most people get mice in their house from time to time and through humidity, without a dehumidifier, you will get mould. Big deal. I'm not sure how much the rent is but I remember it was very little to rent in Fredericton when I went to university only 5 years ago. It's not about the slumlords, because people with little money don't care anyway. Give me a roof over my head and all is good. You just look for an excuse to blame anything aon anyone.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I don't have a scanner for the pictures ...it wasn't a digital camera but I will see what I can do...