Sunday, February 12, 2006

MILLIE WILL TURN YOUR HEAD WITH HER STORIES!!!!! GOOD LUCK MILLIE!!!!

millie

Ever since I moved in this building, I found out that there’s indeed people wrost off than you or me.

I would hear many sad stories every day from Millie.


Yesterday, I told her that the odds are that by this time next year? You won’t be here therefore she should take advantage of her situation now.

Once she’s gone? She wouldn’t be able to be in the centre of the action.

I encouraged her to be a blogger and she accepted. She’s going to blog stories on any issue and it should be interesting.

I believe this will be a good move because beside sitting around and gossip and complain about the system? Lets put the stories on the information Highway!!!

Once I blogged a story from her? I will past a small picture of herself!

Here’s her first intro…..

millie

Hi everyone! My name is Millie and I am the superintendent at 75 Carleton St in downtown Fredericton NB.

I have been here now since last June.

I met Charles and sat down and had a talk with him and his friend Barb in August 2005.

They informed me of 114 Brunswick street and how the people were treated there.

They did not have any rights.

Charles needed a place to stay, and he told me from the beginning either you like me or you don't.

He speaks a lot of French, and I am French and Danish myself, St Onge is my maiden name.

I am from a place called Grand Falls NB living on the outskirts, in a small place called New Denmark.

I have been in human relations for 11 years and supporter of people who are depressed and in need of love, help and support.

I am a barber by trade, and a certified computer technician.

I am basically a people person. I have been a host for Karaoke around the province since 1998.

I am a singer and have won 5 first place trophies and 10 medals.

I am also a mother of 5 children. My baby is 16 years old and I have a wonderful husband who is my other half as a superintendent. He does the maintenance and I do the business.

I like my job as a super, but it can get stressful at times.

I had to evict many people since I have been here.

I hated to do that but I wanted to clean out the alcohol and the drugs around here.

A lot of people know this place at 75 Carleton Street, as a bad reputation.

I have done so much cleaning and organizing since I have been here.

I have become friends with all individuals who live here. 95% of the people are on disability.

There is only one social worker that comes for 1 person a month.

I have approximately 30 people who need attention.

They are poor and lonely. My door is mostly always open.

I am like there counselor they don't have.

I have become trustee to 4 people here and I handle some of there money so they will have food to eat Etc.

I make appointments to doctors, make sure there rooms are clean, we have a monthly meeting once a month, in case someone has a complaint.

They are all so dear to me, and I thank God for this job.

You don't get much as a super, and I am also taking care of an 87 year old.

I have plenty of things to do.

Charles even needs my help fixing his computer.

I go out of my way for each individual.

Some people do not want my help, but there is always the next one.

This is a boarding house.

I think something should be done to get some kind of social worker to come to this building.

I was hired as a super, but they need someone.

You would not believe the things that happen here.

Stay tuned in the future for some things I would like to share with each and everyone of you.

I would like to wish you all A Happy Valentine's Day! God Bless You All!!

Thanks for reading!!
millie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,,,, the story about Millie and what she does is incredible!

Anonymous said...

Millie:

Was that your show they cancelled a few years back? TOUCHED BY AN ANGEl?

Are you Tess or Monica? LOL!

Keep up the good work. Charlie needs you.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Millie I wish I could help.

Michael G. McKay said...

I Think that Millie will make a fine adition and contribution to the family of bloggers and I will be waiting for her first story. I know of Millie through a friend who resides in the building and from what I have heard Millie is a first class lady. A very nice story and I wish Millie all the best.

Anonymous said...

Yes, nice move, the more that gets out there, the better. It's easy for the government to ignore Charles as just one person, now we'll hear about all the people hurt by government action. Why does the forest industry get a quarter of a billion dollars when it isn't even tied to job growth? Yet the poorest people qualify for NOTHING.

Anonymous said...

ok milly, time to break out the crack pipe.