Tuesday, March 07, 2006

HUNTING DOWN VLT'S IN THE CITY OF FREDERICTON!!!!


TIM VLT!!!, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

HAMMER VLT!!!

Last week, I went on a little investigation.

I wanted to know how many bars around a two block area close to the Legislature has VLT’s machines?

I started with - The Snooty Fox.

Picture 036

That place is always full of people but no VLT’s!

I continue till the James Joyces bar at the Beaverbrook Hotel.

Picture 049

Once there, I notice three machines.

Present were an old couple playing the VLT's and one was empty.

I continued to - The Lunar Rogue Pub.

Picture 259

That place also has a full house of people but no machines!

Next door was the Blue door!

Picture 037

Another nice place and full of people are but no VLT’s!

I began to walk towards the downtown core and walked in this restaurant - The Brewbakers.

Picture 052

No machines in there also.

Right next door was Mexicali Rosa's.

Picture 042

I walked inside and proceeded in a long hallway.

In the middle was an ATM machine so therefore I truly believe that I was heading towards the right direction.

Picture 040

I couldn’t find any dreadful machines in the area so I went out front and asked if they had VLT’S in the building?

The nice female directed me in the back.

The three machines were located behind a washroom!

Picture 041

Good place for them!!!...lol…..

Out of sight and out of mind!!!!

But they were free and no one was around.

I continued around the block till Isaac's Way.

Picture 043

I walked inside the bar.

I felt just as I have just been bean by Mr.Scott to Saint John.

scotty

I walked in and right in the middle were five VLT’s and guess who were playing them?

The individuals were all on Social Assistance and they were all playing the machines.

One of them has mental problems and I would find out later that he lost his money.

Another finish $70.00 ahead.

Another lost $40.00.

I didn’t stay in that area long and I found out later on about their fate.

I continue and walked by a restaurant- Racines.

Picture 044

The place was close.

I stopped at Molly’s and they got rid of those machines a long time ago.

Picture 045

I continue till where I began.

Picture 036

I know for a fact that if I would have visited the other block?

The VLT’S would have been played by the more poor people who just received their social assistant checks.

Maybe I’ll give it a try next month?

Can you locate a block in Saint John that have more bars or restaurants VLT’S free than they ones who has the machines???

I don’t think so!

I find it strange the bars close to the Legislature or the Evil Bureaucrat building are VLT’S free but in the poorer area?

It’s a different story!

I wonder why? Do you have an answer?

HAMMER VLT!!!



Picture 052

3 comments:

sarahjane said...

I do not think it is a conspiracy, it might just be the fact that the bars without VLT's have a larger income due to sales to a higher class and do not need the income from VLT's to survive. I work at a bar in St. John's NL and the bar upstairs is "upper class", while the pub downstairs is "lower class" and there is a big problem with ALL classes gambling. It just {seems} to hurt poor people more.

Mmeee said...

Wishing hoping for $$ more. To become. Like the rich. Taxes

Mmeee said...

Wishing hoping for $$ more. To become. Like the rich. Taxes