Monday, April 17, 2006

DAVE WILLIAMS AND STEVE BENTEAU WERE TRULY THE MOST HONEST EMPLOYEES THE IRVINGS EVER HAD ON THEIR PAYROLL!!!!


charlies pics 034, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

STA_0504
Charles 04_07_05 020
Charles 04_07_05 018

but not Peter Haggert.

chuckie

Yes the good old days were truly the good old days.

These two individuals were the best!

Dave Williams and Steve Benteau from the Daily Gleaner always allowed the public the right to write letters supportive or non-supportive of the Irving Empire.

charlies pics 033

In the summer of 2003, Peter Haggert wrote a column in the Telegraph Journal and told the readers that only one letter per month to the editor will be printed on any issue.

chuckie

This will mean that a writer who enjoys
sharing his views on any issue will have to decide which issue he wants to write about for the whole month?

This would be 12 letters a year.

I might add that 4 weeks later, the Irvings announced that the Shipyard would be shut down!!!

CHRIS4
dock4

The regular writers had their say and they had to wait one month to write another letter. By then the news was old so therefore it was denied!

Myself, I knew this was coming because I wrote and got printed 500 letters to the editor but once Peter Haggert arrived from Ontario?

The system all change.

Rob Linke a editor told me after I wrote a letter to the editor about the garbage on the causeway that they will have to investigate?

CHARLES LEBLANC 003

Never have Dave Williams or Steve Benteau told me that my issues will have to be investigated?

This was the beginning of the end of freedom of speech in the Irving newspapers!!!!

I wrote a letter to the editor of the day the Irving paper Mill polluted the West side of Saint John on Christmas day.

My letter was once again denied!

I made a complaint to the Atlantic Press Council and Peter Haggert called me and told me that he won’t print any Anti-Irving letters!

chuckie

This was the beginning of the end of my letter writing career in the Irving paper.

I began to write to the Daily Gleaner because Brian Kemp was really a nice guy.

I was supposed to have a guest column printed about the issue of the poor. The column was going to be printed on a Monday but Peter Haggert was transferred on a Sunday so therefore this Irving employee quickly rejected my column.

Since that day on? I have been very outspoken on the Irving Monopoly in New Brunswick.

I appeared in front of the Senate around one year ago and gave the Irvings a blast!!!! You can read the Transcript at

The Moncton Transcript followed orders from Robert Irving and my letters were always denied in the only English Paper among the Acadian Polution.

Charles 04_07_05 021

Many Acadians asked me- What happen to your letters?

I would just tell people that we are living in an old Germany state!!!!

It’s truly like old Germany again!!!!

The Irvings will not allow freedom of speech in New Brunswick and the public can’t do nothing about it.

Rogers television quickly join force with the Irvings in denying the right to New Brunswickers to voice their views.

Especially that Rich Crosby kid? He promotes the Irving papers like crazy and nothing can be done but to change the channel.

I always respected David Williams. He was the best!

charlies pics 033

He would always were a long sleeve shirt
< even when it was over 100 degree > and he had a lot of patience with me. I had many many many phone calls with this great individual.

I might add that Steve Benteau who now works with the Government was also a great Editor because he would allowed the public to voice their views on any issues.

STA_0504

David Williams retired a few years ago and we sure missed his open dialogue with the public.

I wrote a letter to the editor in the telgraph Journal a few weeks ago but I had no choice because my good friend Abel LeBlanc was under attack!!!

STA_0207

The Daily Gleaner have once again printed my letters but as long I don’t write against the Irvings? Everything will be fine!!!

David Williams and Steve Benteau were truly the best!

Yes, the good old freedom days are gone forever and it’s a darn shame!

Maybe one day? Freedom of speech will return to New Brunswick but while we still have soldiers like Peter Haggert around?

chuckie

Freedom of speech will be truly dead!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true Charles.