Sunday, April 16, 2006

IRVING REPORTER KATHY KAUFIELD LEFT THE CAPITAL FOR SAINT JOHN!!!


Picture 048, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

Yes, Kathy Kaufield left the Capital for Saint John last week and in a way?

It’s not the same!!! It's sad....

I first came face to face with this reporter from the Telegraph Journal around three years ago and I always found her friendly.

Trust me??? I often agitated this Irving reporter of her stories or the Irving Empire.

Never once did she ever raise her voice at me. She always took it in strides.

I remember one story that she wrote about T.J. Burke and Margaret-Ann Blaney being voted the sexiest MLA’s in the Legislature!

ShowLetter

I approached Kathy and said- My god???? That story was on the front Page????

SLOW NEWS DAY OR WHAT???

ISN'T THERE MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES TO COVER IN THE CAPITAL THAN THIS ONE???

COME ON????? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!

She quickly answered- Did you read it???

I told her that I indeed read the story!

politica

She replied - I did my job then!!!!

Yes, she always had an answer for every statement that came from my mouth....LOL

As a reporter in the Capital, she did a great job.

She had her sources and was responsible in bringing down Tony Huntjens.

hunt-squirt.[1]

I wonder who’s going to replace her?

In the past, I would say that it’s a good thing for new blood to work as a reporter in the Capital but it takes years to make your contacts.

Even while going on a nice walk in the Capital? She was on the phone working on a story for the readers.

Picture 047

Sure is different walking by the Legislature and not seeing her behind her desk working on political stories.

STA_0271

I used to walk by and would always give her a friendly wave.

STA_0272

Her chair is empty and it’s different!

So, Kathy Kaufield is moved to Saint John and expecting her second child.

Picture 134

I believe the child would have breath cleaner air in Fredericton?...lol….

STD_0616

She’ll be missed and I wish Kathy the best of luck in her future!!!!

No comments: