Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO? IT WAS CHAOS AT ANDY SCOTT FORUM!!!!


Picture 008, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

drug
drug

OK....I have been holding on this one for over two months but since it’s terrible weather out there? I feel that I must write about a little experience that happened to me at the Andy Scott Forum a few moths ago.

It was on a Sunday afternoon and I would say there were about 60 people present.

This was my first time at this sort of gathering.

Andrew Holland told the audience that everyone will be divided into smaller groups and debate the issue on the bulletin board in the room.


The first room I was walked by? It said - Social issues!!!

I decided this would be the room for me. I sat on a nice couch with two other females.

One man walked in and squeezes his way on the couch. This little sofa was made for three and not four. One woman stood up and sat on a chair.

I noticed the people walking in the room held their heads high but of course I know this is Fredericton and I’m use to that style of walking.

I noticed Mike Ryan sitting in the room. He’s a outreach worker and he does fantastic work for the poor.

Picture 026

The woman in charge asked the audience of 15 people what issues we wish to debate?

One woman quickly said - Housing Units.

I closely follow by Prescription drug and 4 other titles were added.

They told us that all the issues will be debated in 40 minutes but it never happen that way because we spent 20 minutes on the first one.


Once it came to the prescription drug issue.

I said - It would only take me five minutes to explain my situation and we could move on to the next issue.

I began by telling the people that I was the guy who protested in a tent for six months.

Since this is a bureaucratic City? This is a very snobby City.

They’re trying to hide the issue of Dilaudid from the public.

Seconds later, A guy in his 60s shouted- MOVE ON!!!!

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing because I was told that I had 5 minutes to speak on the issue.

He continued to shout - MOVE ON!!!!

The person in charge told me to ignore the guy and continue my little presentation.

I was very upset but I decided to continue.

I reminded the audience that as we speak? There’s 15 women selling their bodies in Saint John for Dilaudid.

1

The same guy shouted - Hey? You should have took their phone numbers????hehehe....

Well???? Trust me? I completely lost it!!! Nobody cares for these poor people I guess?


Andrew Holland was having a problem on his own.


I guess that Wendell Fulton was having a shouting match with a young political scientist.

12

Lots of action in the Monsieur Boyd building today!!!

Andrew knew that I was upset. I don’t usually lose it at these forums but that guy got to me.

I told Andrew in front of everyone - THIS GUY IS AN ASSHOLE!!!!

I was furious!!!

I said - Ok...I don’t have to say nothing here but I will make my point in front of the whole audience in the main room!


Then I found out this ignorant guy was a member of a Board of directors of a very respected organization.

I just couldn’t believe the ignorance towards the issue of prescription drug in the Capital?

Now? I am beginning to understand the reason there’s over 150 people on a waiting list in the Capital.

Saint John also has a huge waiting list!!!!

Yes, I was going to let the everyone in that room know that prescription drug is a major problem in the Capital and the Province.

No one was going to stop me!!!

I was furious!!!

Andy Scott knew that I was upset and before the question period began he explain himself on certain issues.

He spoke on the issue of Methadone.

Picture 038

What really bothered me is that many in the audience agreed with Andy Scott that the issue of Methadone is not really important.

I believe that he was explaining that before Ottawa gives money away? The other provinces must agree.

I’m sorry but I’m missing something here???

We have a major prescription drug problem in New Brunswick and it seems that our elected officials are distracting this emotional issue with their words.

There’s something that’s not right here?

I love a good drunk but when it comes to drugs? Especially prescription drugs? Sorry.....maybe it’s because it’s too expensive?

STN_0131

A nice 24 of beers cost close to $40.00!

A little pill will cost the same amount and the high will last 30 minutes or less.

STC_0258

The next day, I visited the organization the ignorant guy belong to.

I haven’t been there since to find out if that ignorant individual apologized for his rude remarks.

I know for a fact that he was very serious and this is not a laughing matter.

I won’t mention the guy name but I will admit that he got me going.

Lots of action for a small forum!!!! I can’t wait for the next one?

By the way? I told Stephen Harper of the need of more money for Methadone clinics in this Province. I am told that the money for the safe needles exchange program in Vancouver was cut!!!


So? Here we go again!!!!

5 comments:

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

nope

Anonymous said...

So why not print the organization or his name? What use is it to know there's a rude guy who works for an organization but that's it. What kind of reporting is that? You think he's going to sue you?

It sounds like a 'waste of time' forum. You'd be better off organizing your own. Whats the point of the feds having a meeting like that so that they can say 'its not a problem' or else 'its not our jurisdicton'. He might as well have not showed up. Anybody that thinks people would be outraged if the feds did something the province was refusing to do is just crazy. The whole idea of living in a country is that your government actually does something beneficial.

Oh, but I forgot, they are going to hire more cops and 'crack down' on these people so all the prostitutes and drug addicts will have free room and board with new iron curtains.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Sue moi???? Nope!!!! The group receives some money from the Government and I didn't wish to do damage.

Hey? I'm a nice guy after all but I told everyone the guy's name and the group in person.

It was terrible and that's the attitude towards the drug problem in New brunswick.

People are commiting big crime to get their fix and the Government don't care.

Anonymous said...

Charles the picture of the needle going in the arm is very, very
disturbing
and we all know it is happening everyday and nothing much is being done
about it. You should dedicate your summer to drug awareness in this
Province since the politicians will be on summer leave. I am one who
is
very glad to know that you attend these meetings and voice your opinion
for
all of the helpless addicts out there. Keep up the great work because
you
seem to know as well as I that there are too many good people down and
with a little help and respect they could be contributing to our
society
again instead of being seen as burdens and bums, hookers and losers!

Michael G. McKay said...

This just another reminder that the agencies that are supposed to be helping the poor, are receiving blood money. By bribing the poor with a welfare Cheque once a month, they are saying that they are doing all they can for them.

I have probably mentioned this before, but it needs repeating. I was informed that the financial Counsellors, along with the rest of the family and Community Services Counsellors are getting a bonus of around $150.00 to $200.00 for each name on his or, her client list. So that tells me that they are not interested in really helping these unfortunate people who find themselves either in poverty or on low-income.

What I would truly like to know is how would some of these Beurocrats like it if they found themselves destitute and left with nothing no income to meet the needs of a decent living standard and just barely enough to exist let alone survive.

I would like to suggest that these Politicians and Family and Community Services and other agencies that claim to help those in our society who are either in extreme poverty or low-income, really think and consider just how they might be treated if they were to find themselves in the same situation.