Wednesday, July 05, 2006

CKTP 95.7FM WAS A FUN BUT SERIOUS PLACE TO BE!!!


IMG_5506, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

IMG_5497
IMG_5507



I had a fun time this afternoon. I showed up at 2:35pm at CKTP 95.7 FM in Saint Mary’s.




IMG_5498




I wanted to chat with the host for a few minutes before the live talk show began. I believe it’s very important to know the host so I can be comfortable during the show.









We hit it off pretty good. His name is Bruce Hughes and he’s been doing this work for the past few months.





He puts in a lot of time and effort in his trade.





I asked Bruce if there was a delay system? Talk of the town has a 5 seconds delay and this is a good thing because the host can cut off unwanted words by the audience or the guest.




Seconds later, this Native showed up.







In a stern matter, he said - This is our delay system! You say one bad word??? I'll throw you out the front door!!!! Understand???





Well? The guy sure got all my five ADHD brains attention. ,,lol...His message was loud and clear!!! I didn't need any ritalin to undertsand?...lol




His name is J and he’s a disc jockey at CKTP.




IMG_5505





Just like Bruce he’s a nice guy.




IMG_5496





I was a little nervous. I had the choice to sit down on a nice sofa or the chair. I chose the chair and the show got on the road!!!!





IMG_5502





Bruce told the audience that we’re going to try it out for one hour and if it goes ok? We’ll continue for two hours and continue we did. We jumped all over the place from the arrest in Saint John, the banning from the Legislature, the banning notice without being sign and how beautiful the City of Fredericton is.




IMG_5495





The show went very well and I told Bruce that if he’s ever stuck for a guest? Just give me a call and I’ll gladly show up.






We can talk about any issues of the day. I enjoyed my little experience at CKTP and maybe we shall meet again in the future. Thanks a lot Bruce for having me.




IMG_5503




Keep up the good work!!!




IMG_5494

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did they record it for you Charles?

Anonymous said...

Being arrested for exercising your charter rights makes you an honorary native Charles. They have plenty of experience along those lines!!

Anonymous said...

YOu must be in your glory now Charlie. First you were just a blogger now you have made such a big deal out of being kicked out of the Legislature that you have made it to 2-3 talk shows. What are you getting out of this? some kind of weird exposure. too bad your protest never got 1/4 of what you have gotten now. Ahh well you'll just fade off like many other do. Your still not going to be able to come back to the legislature which is great cause now I won't have to look at a one sided blog all the time and your views will be from the other side of the road LOL. I hope you can look back on this one day and say hey i am a nut and they should of kicked me out and they aren't just kicking anybody out they are kicking me out cause i harassed employees and that is not acceptable in Fredericton, maybe in SJ but Fredericton has a friendlier town and cares more about worker safety.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just figured it out, our 'anonymous critic' is none other than Dan Brussieres! Who else but a government worker has that kind of time to be posting at blogs and is so happy that Charles is banned?

Back to the point, did anybody record it Charles? Can you ask the radio station?

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Sorry...no recording of the show....they're just a small station but they're working on it. Stay tune.....

Anonymous said...

I heard all of it Charles, you did a great job as always. Bruce seems like a very nice guy. Glad you had fun doing it and keep up the good work.