Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My reply to Brent Taylor column on me might not be printed?


Taylor, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

I have been told that Brent Taylor made a phone call < maybe the Irvings? > that my letter shouldn't be printed.

Now? This is were it's going to be very interesting because this will mean that all Irving columnists can condemn someone in public and the public are not allowed to fight back.

Of course,, this will go to the Atlantic Press Council and I will blog this issue to death!

Maybe the Canadian Senate gave the ok to the Irvings to do this kind of witch-hunt? Who knows?

Stay tune for more on this issue!!!!


I feel that I have no other choice but to reply to Brent’s Taylor views , June 29, 2006 - Bloggers can take their messages too far

I must admit that I never read brent’s column. I am not interested in his views especially being a former member of the C.O.R. Party. His column was bought to my attention by a reader of my blog.

I am very glad Mr.Taylor shared his views on my situation because he sure knows something that I don’t.

He wrote - Legitimate bloggers are fighting, and winning battles over their accreditation as true journalists.

I do call myself a legitimate blogger because I’m the man on the streets talking to poor people and I did bring a lot of issues to all MLA’s such as roomers Boarding rights.

He claims that I was harassing employees at their workplace.

I also learned that many unionized employees went on stress leave for the summer months because of my attitude? Absolutely not once have I have been approached by the staff to stop harassing people.

He wrote - There is no point in any of them suing this blogger,

I got a question for Mr.Taylor? How can a person be sued for speaking the truth? My blogs are always written with a true message..

Despite the kooks, blogging has become increasingly mainstream.

I take exception to be call - A Kook. I would rather be called a Kook than being a Bigot from the C.O.R. Party any day.

As an Acadian, I remember Brent’s very anti-French speech while running for the leadership in 1992. This is one reason that I don’t read his column.

I might add that Brent is no legitimate Blogger. I just check Brent’s blog. His last update was in February. He sure isn’t a blogger.

The Fredericton blogger banned from the legislature would not even come close to meeting the standards set forth by the MBA.

What standards would be acceptable to Mr.Taylor? Attend a journalist course at Saint Thomas where the Irvings gave one million dollars to train their future employees?

A blogger is the columnist, the editor and the owner. A blogger reports the news but with an opinion.

Down the States, bloggers are treated with great respect.

Mind you, is you get a blogger upset?

Look out!!!!

Because their views goes on the information highway in minutes. I had over 100,000 visitors to my site so therefore I can’t be truly a kook.

Brent wrote The application was not approved, and rightly so.

Maybe Brent believes that since the Irvings owns all the major newspapers in New brunswick. Only Irving employees can apply as Bloggers?

Former C.O.R. MLA’S had a bad habit of speaking out before thinking and true was the case with this one - For instance, union representative Tom Mann wrote this newspaper last week defending the blogger's banishment, and was promptly termed a "bigot."

Now? If I wasn’t a legitimate Blogger? Why would Brent visit my blog? Very good question indeed?

One thing is certain. I might be banned for life from the Legislature but I will continue to blog away my views on political issues.

I may not be there to asked MLA'S questions on the issues of day so therefore I will asks them in my blog.

Bloggling is the journalist way of the future. Weather you like it or not! Bloggers will be around till the end of time.

Charles LeBlanc
Fredericton

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The question I have is who is your source? Are they credible? How did they obtain this information? Or are you just talking about some bloque ate the corner store that is feeding you conspiracy theories?

Charles, question everything someone tells you before drawing a conclusion, especially in this province....

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I won't or disclose my sources....trust me....stay tune....

Anonymous said...

You gotta do better than trust me.. Show us a letter, phone record, VM.. something! I don't beleive Tim Horton rumours.. Sorry Charles.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps, before you jump to conclusions about why you're letter won't be printed, you should talk to the editors first.

You don't even know for sure they won't print it.

However, given that it rambles on, includes libelous statements and is far too long, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get printed.

Try figuring out your thoughts, then running spell check. Writing a letter isn't like blogging on your non-grammar checked, non-spell checked, garbled blog.

Anonymous said...

If you sent it to Telegraph then they will not print it because column was not in that paper.