Friday, August 11, 2006

KEYSTONE KELLY'S SHUTS DOWN!!! by Tim Smith


pete
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Another Bar-Restuarant bites the economic dust do to the high cost of spirits and beer along with the emptiness of atmosphere due to explotation of its customers along the back wall for the sake of a couple of dollars as is the situation with this Government (( Eccessive taxing to the little guys)) coupled with (( VLT Exploitation throughout the communities)) as well as those who are hopelessly addicted to the almighty VLT syndrome.((Bar and Lounge Owners))and those who suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

In short another set of Video Lottery Machines are sent out to pasture from the uptown area so this is indeed a good thing!

While putting this together I decided to ask this question of a few people in the street.

pete2

What do you think of another restaurant//bar closing and in doing so loosing a few more VLTs in the uptown area?

I was quite pleased with the comments from those who were asked this question.

The majority of those asked said-

#1/ The more of those machines removed the better so I can go back to stopping for a beer or a quick meal without it costing me a couple of hundred dollars and a nervous breakdown.

#2/ NOT having to worry and watch addicted people destroying their lives while trying to enjoy a meal with their families or friends.

#3/ I refuse to go to these places and spend a fair amount of money just to see someone going through a personal hell.

How in this world could I possibly enjoy myself If I'm watching someone else on the verge of going insane from across the room?
If I want to see that I'll just sit outside on my step.

#4/ What ever happened to the service that got these places started in the first place?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about most others but I do know the reasons given above are the same reasons myself and my wife do not go out anymore.

Most places you go to have these machines in place, It is very hard to find a decent place that doesn't but there are a few.

Hopefully most of them will get this same message which is to go back to why you opened your doors to the public to begin with.

For good service and a good time along with a few good memories with friends.

Anonymous said...

I heard there were some employees who showed up for work and it was all locked up.

I wonder if the owner still owes a couple of paychecks to those unfortunite ones who had the displeasure to work for him or if the employees at his other resturant [Eastside Marios] are know wondering what will happen to them?

In the end "Greed" really doesn't work for anyone involved.

The Government,The Owners,The Employees,The Communities or the Addicted Players

Anonymous said...

The machines don't bother me at all. I'm lucky to be raised a reasonable person who understands my responsibilities and the value of money. I also feel strongly that people should be responsible for their own mistakes. I like having the machines there when I want to play to fill some time or for a little fun. I know my limits and have never walked away feeling I've spent more than I should have or that I can't afford something.

To the person who said they can go out for a beer now without seeing the machines--no they can't! The place is out of business!!

Idiots.

Anonymous said...

If you guys want to see the VLT's at thier worest, and Charles you want to follow up on this one for a story.

Take a ride down to St. Stephen there is a bar called Chimps.

It actually as 3 bars in one it's divided up, with 4 i believe VLT's with each bar that's all that bar is for, VLT machines.

I personally have nothing for or agaisnt the machines, I don't play them and seeing other people play them doesn't bother me.

I don't think people should really come down on people for playing the machines, everyone has something that someone else doesn't agree with.

Anonymous said...

Tim, you're amazing, how you couldn't care less about all of the people who just lost their jobs. They obviously don't matter to you, based on your gleeful post. All that matters to you are those lottery machines and your own personal problems.

Anonymous said...

It seems ironic to see posters above give Tim a hard time for not caring about those who lost thier jobs, yet they don't care about those who are addicted to VLT's. Tim is happy there are fewer machines around, so what? If those people lost their jobs, so what? Thats the economy. Those who played the machines will find others, and those who worked there will find other jobs.

Ironic that those who are all for the people with jobs probably never set foot in the place, and many are badmouthing the people who don't go into such places. KK was around long before VLT's, so obviously they didn't help. So it seems that if those who don't like being bothered by the machines were listened to a little more, the restaurant might still be in business and those people would have jobs.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Most people playing do not look like they are having fun. Its just sad and ruins lunch. They might as well have the SPCA there and put down dogs and cats for all the entertainment value it brings.

Anonymous said...

5:49pm: By your logic then, should we also abolish alcohol because of all of the people who have lost their jobs due to alcohol? To hell with all of the bar owners, bartenders, waitresses, distrubutors, etc. just because a few people couldn't control their impulses... to hell with the rest of society who know how to control themselves and moderate their intake. The # of people who would have lost their jobs from gambling at the KK machines is certainly a lot fewer than the # of people who worked at KK and lost their jobs. By the way, I have set foot in that restaurant, plenty of times over the years. Have you?

I don't understand these people saying they couldn't enjoy lunch while watching people play the machines. Are you people that nosy that you couldn't mind your own business? Why would you have been staring at other people in the first place? I have no problem eating in any restaurant or enjoying a drink in any bar that has those machines. As long as the volume of the terminal isn't cranked, it doesn't bother me in the least.