Friday, November 10, 2006

STEPHEN HARPER CUTS MAY SHUT DOWN THE MUSEUMS IN NEW BRUNSWICK???


pic3
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Yesterday, I made a little stopover at the York-Sunbury Historical Society Museum


IMG_2168IMG_2160



I’ve been in this area for the last three years but I didn't know much about this little building.



In the Spring, I noticed the old flag pole flying the Union Jack. I wrote a letter to the editor complaining that the flag pole should be straighten up and painted. Behold. It was painted the next day!




IMG_2165




A couple of days ago, I showed up taking pictures of an exhibition of the War Brides.



This showcase will be on display today at 4:00pm till 6:00pm.



Anyway, I felt it was cold in that building for a museum so therefore I decided to investigate.




I had many questions and I learn a few things.





The museum is run by the historical Society of Fredericton. < I may have the title wrong? >




I chatted with Fred White and he told me that the building is a fine example of good cooperation between the Province and the City.





IMG_2167IMG_2166




The museum pays the Province $1.00 lease per year for the building.




The province owns the building but the City runs it.




Last year, the museum attracted close to 10,000 visitors from around the world.




But the York-Sunbury Historical Society Museum have to cut cost so therefore they shut down the heat during the winter months. This act saves them $3,000!!!



IMG_2164




Now the museums and other historical site might be force to shut down next summer?




There’s around 120 museums around the province but they are ahead towards a huge problem!




Stephen Harper has decided cut the Student program to 50%!!!




This is the main force of these museums.




These students earn a few bucks for school by working on a summer project for the museums therefore the administration saves a bundle.



Why would Stephen Harper cut this program? Does he wish to destroy the culture history in New Brunswick?




harper




I wish the media would investigate this issue.




Our museums are our history and shouldn’t be shut down?



Shame on Stephen Harper.



Anyway, if you wish to see a wonderful War Brides showcase go at York-Sunbury Historical Society Museum this afternoon at 4:00pm.



IMG_2130IMG_2131




This blog might not be perfectly written because I just woke up!!!!..lol

No comments: