Saturday, November 11, 2006

WAR BRIDES IN FREDERICTON!!!


IMG_2216
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
I showed up at the York-Sunbury Historical Society Museum for a showing of the War Brides.


IMG_2191




The woman who organize the whole event is Melynda Jarrett.





IMG_2280



She’s the one who began the Year of the War Bride escalade across this Country.



It all stated in the Legislature T.J. Burke spoke proudly of this issue. His British Grand Mother was a War Bride.





IMG_2273






I decided to make a presence because I believe not too many people would show up. I’m glad that I was dead wrong on this issue. I would say over 100 people showed up for this fine events.




IMG_2181




Myself with ADHD? WELL, IT WAS A BATTLE TO STAY IN ONE AREA. < Reminded me of my court in court on November > Click below for that story -

target="_blank">Charles
Blog




Ok... never mind that issue. I learned the Premier Shawn Gragam and T.J. Burke were going to be present.









It’s so strange to watch Shawn Graham in action as Premier. There’s this normal guy being Premier of New Brunswick!!!




I noticed that many people look very comfortable chatting with the Premier.


IMG_2278



In my view, this is very important.




A person had a very difficult time accessing Bernard Lord and I believe this was his downfall.




The room was so crowd that a Liberal worker who had a better view than me took my camera from me and took pictures. < That was nice
>







I decided to squeeze my way up front and took a few good pics.



IMG_2231





Afterwards, I notice an Irving photographer arriving on the scene. I told the guy - It’s ok! I got all the pictures! < I just can’t stop myself!!...lol >



Melynda Jarrett did a wonderful job and everyone went home with a smile on their faces.



I believe these War Brides are going to be remembered for a long time to come. If people like



Melynda Jarrett are still around? This issue will not go away in the near future!



IMG_2235

No comments: