Sunday, February 18, 2007

IS THE SAMOSAS ISSUE IN FREDERICTON BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION???


IMG_6153
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Samosas . . . Samosas . . . Samosas!!!!!

Everyone in the Fredericton area has surely heard of these food items during the past few months.

Myself, I’ll be honest with ya.

Last summer, I visited Patel’s at the Farmer’s Market.

I bought a Samosa and I didn’t think it was no big deal.


IMG_6154




But I will admit it was good. I wouldn’t stay stand in line to have one.< Then again? I can’t stay in no lines >..lol

I was told yesterday, there was a protest in front of the Farmer’s Market.

Once there, I saw these protesters demanding their Samosas back!




IMG_8806IMG_8804IMG_8795IMG_8799




The Irvings arrived on the scene and I told them - Go home because the blogger is here and the pictures will be on the information Highway in 15 minutes. < All in fun >




IMG_8797IMG_8802




One protester told the Irvings that someone was traveling from Halifax to Boston and made a stop in the Capital for some Samosas!!!

He was very disappointed once he found out there was no Samosas in sight.

I decided to see my old friend Evelyn Fillmore who is the manager of the Farmer’s Market.




IMG_8808




She asked me if I saw the letters to the editor or the stories in the Gleaner?

I told her that I don’t read the Irving’s paper.

It’s funny but it’s true!!!

I can read the Irving’s brainwashing message on line but I seldom do.

I am a very stubborn individual!! < Half Scottish >

Once someone turns against me? There’s no turning back!

Once the Quebec Security Staff at the Legislature ordered the Contractor to fire me? After that sad move against me, I didn’t talk to the staff for more than one year.

I had a chance to make a little living but they took it away!

Same goes for the Irvings?

They brainwashed their readers by calling me a protester twice in their paper once I appeared in court.

They began to cover the trial but once the Irvings realized the cops were in a terrible mess?

They quickly left the scene. The verdict appeared in the Irving’s paper four days after the verdict but only because it was in the New York Times.

Opppsss sorry!!! This is changing into a me me me blog!

Evelyn told me that the owners of the Samosas business will be selling their products outside during the next few months.

They’ll be located close to the old Jail House building.



IMG_8824



I don’t see nothing wrong with this action. It’s going to be nice and hot for around 8 months of the year. < Not always hot but nice >


Yes, the Samosas issue could be around for a long time to come.

It’s funny how people will come out and voice their concerns on issues that you’ll never believe that’s important.

Well, it must be an important issue to the readers because I already blog this issue on a few occasions!!!

Maybe the Samosas’s issue is being covered too much by the Irvings because I told this picture today and they don’t seem to sell their papers?



IMG_8917IMG_8867IMG_8868

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely blown out of proportion. There is absolutely no need for some silly protest! The samosa business has been growing over the past few years and lines have been getting progressively longer with the demand.

It was much more fun and much easier to move around at the market on Saturday though. So many people go to the market just for samosas. It isn't like that's the only place you can get them...I really don't understand the attraction. Like, they taste good and everything, but it is just meat/vegetables in a deep-fried pastry, is it not?

The Pedgehog said...

The protest was actually more about how the vendors were being treated than it was about the samosas themselves. They were punished for being successful.

The mayor and the premier have both recently talked about how we need to attract more immigrants to NB. If this is how we treat immigrants who are successful and who hire and help new immigrants, what kind of message does that send?

Anonymous said...

Anyone who says samosas have too much fat in them should get their brains checked may be that is where the fat is lodged. Fat in 10 samosas equals 1 hamburger from any of the fast food.