Monday, June 04, 2007

Rosalie at the Canada Trust Bank was a proffesional with poor


IMG_9023
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
Last Friday, the residents in my building received their welfare check.

I was ready to leave the building until I heard a woman walking down the hallway and looked very angry.

This was very unusual because in the past she was very quiet and minds her own business.

But not this morning!!!

I approached her asking- What’s wrong?

I was told that she went to the Bank to get her monthly check and was charge $50.00 for service charge.

She had the paper in her hand so I told her that we’re going to go at the bank and straighten out this little problem.

Once we began to walk out of the building, she made a sudden stop and told me that it was Ok.

She’ll borrow 50 bucks from her brother to make ends meet.

You must understand that once you’re poor? You lose all energy to fight.


IMG_7113


I might add that 50 bucks is like $500.00 to a poor person.

I wasn’t done with her little problem.

I decided to take her case and get to the bottom of the Service charge.

Once at Canada Trust, I came face to face with Rosalie. < I believe that was her name? >


IMG_9024



What a sweetheart!!! She was very friendly.

I told her - Hi! My name is Charles LeBlanc and I’m a blogger!!! Do you know what’s a blogger???

She didn’t know what a blogger was? < Many still don’t know? >

I told her that I wrote news on the net and I wanted to get to the bottom of this service charge issue.

She nicely told me there’s always two side to every story.

I quickly replied a Blogger is like a journalist and this is the reason I was in the bank so I can hear the other side before I blogged the story.

She explained to me it was confidential and I should bring the woman in her office.

Minutes later, I bumped into the girl and bought her to the bank.

My God? The worker at Canada Trust made her feel very comfortable.

Rosalie was a professional. She was very calm and told the girl that they were going to get to the bottom of her service charge.

I just stood there and never said a word. < Surprise? >... lol . . .

At the end, Rosalie told the poor woman the worker who opened her new account offered her a deal that it would cost $50.00 for the individual to remove a transaction from the machine 25 times per month.

My God? That would be nice if we made that kind of money eh???



charles



Rosalie knew fully well that there’s no way in the world she would use the machine that often.

At the end, the poor woman receive her 50 bucks back and everyone went home happy.

Yes, we often hear many sad stories about the bank but in this case?

Rosalie was a professional and Merci Beaucoup!!!

The Canada Trust bank should be proud to have employees like this one!



IMG_9023

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear a story with a happy ending for once Charles. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Yes Charlie, what a great outcome. I beleieve that If you wre not their to encourage her to check into the matter, this could of happened every month. My hats of to the bank also. Job was reported

Anonymous said...

I might add that 50 bucks is like $500.00 to a poor person.

Really, if you guys are so "poor", then why do you blow "$10" on a cup of coffee or a "$100" pack of cigarettes?

Btw, Rosalie agreed to that bank charge, her mistake, not the bank's. Let me guess, the next thing you guys will be whining is that "poor" people shouldn't have to pay ATM fees?

Anonymous said...

Yes, poor people should not be allowed to be addicted to anything, and they shouldn't be allowed any enjoyment out of life. There's a reasone welfare payments are so low and educational opportunities are nil, me and the guy above want poor people to live in misery because its all their fault they are poor and they deserve only the worst in life.

Yes, that was sarcasm. Ya dont have to be poor to whine apparantly.

Anonymous said...

That's 2$ per transaction at the ATM machine. That's way too much to charge any citizen. Charles, you should still make a complaint to that bank that they charge too much. How many citizens pay and don't even bother complaining?

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I wasn't going to post 12:53 AM comment but it just goes to show ya what kind od mentality comes to this blog.

Rosalie wasn't to blame for this mistake.

It was done by another bank outside of the City.

As far as I'm concern? This is issue over.

Everyone went home happy!!!

Anonymous said...

I work and make a decent living and I can't keep up with the bank fees my bank charges. My advice to low income earners is to open an account with PC Financial - no monthly fees. As for ATM fees - try to reduce them by using only the bank you have your account with. CIBC is partners with PC so you can access your account from downtown as well. Every little dollar counts - no matter how much you make - but especially when you have a fixed income - big banks are rich enough.

Anonymous said...

Rosalie wasn't to blame for this mistake.

It was done by another bank outside of the City.


So the bank account was magical and opened all by itself? Rosalie obviously had something to do with it when it was created. I can't go into a bank and open a bank account without signing something.

You didn't address the comment about your silly comment comparing $50 to $500 for poor people.

awareness said...

Great story Charles!!

Yes......odd comments........

take care.