Sunday, October 14, 2007

Prayer of the day - Priere du jour!!!!


IMG_9985_edited
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
IMG_9947_edited

Many of you long time readers of this blog might have notice that I wasn’t using God’s Minute anymore.

Well, the company or whatever they’re called sent me an email one year ago telling me that I was breaking the law because of copyright infringement.

I replied - Copy Infringement?

I stopped the God’s Minute but contacted them and we came to an agreement.

I might add that I first learned about God’s Minute of an email they sent me. It was junk mail.

Anyway?

I continue to use their message until one month ago, I received a very nasty email from this group from California about Copy Right infringement.

I got upset and sent them a email telling them to take a hike and I wonder how they’re going to explain to God’s on their day of Judgement that they refuse to spread his word via the information Highway?...lol You got to love the American way!!! What a bunch!!!!

There’s many people who reads this blog didn’t agree that I should have daily prayers in this blog.

But I also had many people telling me they enjoy the prayer.

I’m not a born again freak but I believe there’s a reason for everything.

We’re all here for a reason.

I found a site which produce daily prayers so from now on?

I will blog them every day.

Just for this time only? I’ll post the prayer on the main blog but beginning tomorrow just click inside and the prayer will be there.


SPIRITUAL LIVING
Prayer and Devotions

Faithful Mother
by Father Christopher Scroggin, LC

Pray a decade of the Rosary today as a way to contemplate Our Lord’s life close to Mary.

October 13, 2007
Saturday of the Twenty-Seventh Week in Ordinary Time

Luke 11: 27-28

While Jesus was speaking, a woman from the crowd called out and said to him, "Blessed is the womb that carried you and the breasts at which you nursed." He replied, "Rather, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it."


Introductory Prayer: Lord and Father of all, I come before you today with a living faith. I want to hear your word and act upon it in my life as Mary, my Mother, did in her earthly life. I know that this is pleasing to you, and like your Son, I want to do all that will please you in my life.

Petition: Lord Jesus, teach me to put aside my own plans, my way of thinking and my will in order to embrace your will for me in everything.

1. Insult or Praise In reading this passage, many times I think that we’re not sure if Jesus is being disrespectful regarding his mother. Yet, if we look deeper, it should be easy to see that Jesus is praising his mother for her fidelity to God’s word throughout all her life. No one listened more attentively to the word of God than Mary did. She “kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart” (Luke 2:10).

2. Mary’s Fidelity From the yes she gave to Gabriel that day in Nazareth, to the yes she gave at the foot of her son’s cross, Mary was faithful. She was open to God’s will in a radical way in her life, and she strove to carry it out into practice. It didn’t always make sense to her, but in prayer and total confidence in God, she found the strength to conform her life to God’s plan over her life. This is what makes her truly great.

3. My Mother Too Mary is my mother too, and she is interested in my spiritual well-being. It should to be a great source of consolation and strength to know that we have such a great intercessor in heaven as Mary. The words in today’s Gospel should re-confirm for us Mary’s closeness to her son and her ability to come to my aid in any need. “Be not afraid. Am I not with you, I who am your Mother?” (Cf. Our Lady’s words to St. Juan Diego). Let us place our hand in Mary’s and walk each day with her. She will form in us the image of her beloved Son.

Conversation with Christ: Jesus, I thank you for yet another marvelous gift: Mary. As you did in Nazareth, I want to live my life in the presence of such a great mother and allow her to teach me how to be a true and faithful disciple of yours.

Resolution: I will pray a decade of the Rosary today as a way to contemplate Our Lord’s life close to Mary.

No comments: