Saturday, April 09, 2005

WOULD ANYONE WISH TO COMMENT ON THIS ONE???

I really wish people would stop bashing the Irvings!



I used to work for them too & found all of them very easy to get along with & willing to work alongside you to get the job done. They spend long hours "out in the field" checking, loooking, suggesting etc. I know they control a loin this province, but where would this province be without them or the McCains? They both help people we have never heard of & you don't hear about it because they don't go about beating their own drum.
I worked there for ten years & have nothing but admiration for them.
Also many years ago, my father-in-law was in need of money. He approached K.C. Irving about buying some of his land (he didn't have much-3 acres). Mr. Irving bought 2 pieces, which could never have been used for anything, just to help him out. Ten years ago, they came to me and offered to sell it back (they knew I was interested). I got it for a very good price I think. My father-in-law was happy have the land back before he died.
These are business people after all, & they aren't in business to lose it all either. I have never known them to do a dirty deed to anyone. I don't understand why people are so against them. Can someone explain that to me please??
# posted by Anonymous : 2:51 PM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can try by telling you this story I know three employees that work for them right now in the city of saint john and they are terrified of saying anything against them one person lives in the eastside and is horrified at the air quallity there and another is mad as hell over the lng project but has gone through a split up and his ex has their son with her so he has to stay here to see him and be with him he said if it were not for that fact he has had enough of it and would leave in a minute out of fear of that project.And the third works in a company where in the last four years he has watched helplessly why a number of people who have been let go due to long lasting injuries and got railroaded out of all that they worked years for now I'm one person with three seperate stories can you emagine if each person who new three others like that how quick the numbers start to rise I rest my case.I hope that helped just a little.

Anonymous said...

To Bernard Lord they are very nice people, like saints and pope. He likes their LNG and happy that they are getting $112 million in tax breaks. So there is another admirer of Irving. Environment, poor, hard working people is not his problem.

Anonymous said...

I kept on hearing alot of people talking about the sponsership scandal.
Well we have all kinds of scandles here in New Brunswick that just
never
was made a big deal of in our newspapers or radio. It was certainly
talked
about a little but it was dropped just as fast. The first one that
comes
to my mind if the Orumusion Deal that the Premier made without
confiramation which we the tax payers will pay for his mistake for many
years to come. Wasn't it around a billion dollors. I am not sure of
the
price but I think it was a billion so thats a scandal. Then we have Mr
Lord giving himself and other MLA's 100 to 150 percent raises and then
turns around and gives the poor 2 percent to add onto their $264. a
month
to live with. He took the toll off of the Moncton highway and within a
month he added more taxes onto our gasoline to compensate. So now we
pay
for the tolls when we are mowing our lawns, etc. A person can go on
and on
but in the end we really do not have much of a choice when it comes to
running our Country. I know alot of people who have said that they are
not
even going to bother voting and thats sad. We need changes in this
Country
now and maybe it should start with getting rid of the Lawyers who are
also
in Politics. From what I can see, they are not to be trusted!