Monday, May 09, 2005

IDENTICAL SUICIDES, TWO SEPARATE PROVINCE, SAME ADDICTION!!!!

Here is a fine example of the problems with VLT addiction.

I met a gentleman who's name is Harvey he’s from NFLD.

Sadly, his brother committed suicide in 1998 he left his family a note.

He then took his truck and a can of gas into the woods and set himself on fire.

He has left behind 2 daughters who at the time were ages 8yrs-10yrs old.

To date he wants very badly to confront his government on this issue but he has no choice but to continue to suffer in silence as his constant battle with this decision is a hard one because in 1998 the family had decided to tell his children that their father's death was an accident.

When he realized who I was he told me this story because his brother was my age (41) when he died he also had a photocopy of the story about the Halifax man who set himself on fire in his car tucked in his pocket.

He said he could not believe he had to see a suicide in this way twice in 7 years!!!

The despricey to escape this addiction must be insanely psychotic.

He told me that he believed it was fate to meet me < A VLT activist > and tell me his story.

He wished me luck on trying to get my government to understand that life is more than exploitation of the weak for revenue.

I asked him if he would like to come to the legislature with me tomorrow to talk to the press?

He could not give me an answer but he would think about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.Lord will only reply as he does about any other situation.But that is Nova Scotia & NewFoundLand not New Brunswick.

Anonymous said...

And then lord will say there are so few suicides in NB because of VLts that it really does not matter.

Does Bernard Lord has any value for life?

Anonymous said...

We need clown back at the legislature. Granted that he needs to do spring cleaning and racking but there is a lot of debris and dead wood at the legislature. In case of Lord it is not only dead wood but also rotting wood. It should be removed from the legislature to keep People’s House clean. This deadwood and debris (lord’s ministers) do not belong there.