Sunday, May 29, 2005

THIS COLUMN WAS DENIED BY THE IRVING NEWSPAPERS!!!

A few years ago, I had an American Staffordshire Terrier. He was a wonderful dog, his name was Zeus and he was great pet.
dog2

This column was denied by the Irving newspapers because I refuse to dedicate my life and soul to the Evil Irving Empire!!! Only guest columns who dedicate their life and soul will be printed. Does this picture look famillar?
Am I far off the mark? You tell me??????
hitler
OK...BACK TO MY COLUMN!!!!

These days, I have a different breed of dog. I have a Shih Tzus. It’s like comparing Apples and Oranges.

His name is Chico, he loves going for walks.
charles-5


He lays on the floor half awake and he always keeps one eye open for my sneakers. On one occasion, I noticed he had his paws crossed just waiting beside my sneakers
to go for a walk.

The second I sit down and put my sneakers on and say- walkie, walkie walkie??? He
quickly jumps up and begins his stretching exercises.

Once outside, I would soon find out that Chico attracts a lot of girls. < Just Like the Alpine Commercial. >

There he is jumping on the girls legs and he loves to be the centre of attention.
Charles 04_07_05 085
I wish I would have had Chico during my protest in front of the Legislature. I would have collected 10,000 in a matter of weeks.

I always walk around the two bridges. While walking in front of Reid’s newspaper store on King Street?

Chico decided to go between the iron fences to meet some new friends who were sitting in their chairs in the front of the store. I never noticed that he took the shortcut and I almost lost my arm.

Charles 04_07_05 088
Minutes later, a couple of woman were chatting on the City’s benches and he quickly jumped in between the females. Talk about guts???

Afterwards, I decided to make a quick run across Regent Street and Chico decided to have a pooh in the middle of Regent Street.

He was determine to have his pooh while I was pulling his automatic leash to the front of the Blue Door restaurant. Once there, I forgot the doggie bag at home so the waitress from the Blue Door was nice enough to hand me some Napkins.

Once at the Legislature,
Charles 04_07_05 122
I let Chico run around the area he rolls and rolls on his back. This is the only place he rolls over. I wonder why? Maybe the smell of the politicians drives him crazy?
Charles 04_07_05 072
On one occasion, I didn’t know the Legislature was in session and the door was open. Chico quickly ran inside with the Security personal in hot pursuit of the hyper dog!
Ch-Com

One evening while walking by the PlayHouse, Chico began to jump at the people walking towards the theatre.
Charles 04_07_05 085

It was wet outside and unfortunately some of these fancy dudes got their white pants dirty but they didn’t seem to mind because they found Chico adorable.

During the hot days, I would put Chico in the Water Fountain located on the Green area on the walking trails. I’m certain for Chico, it sure feels good on a
hot sunny day!

Afterwards he looks like a Rat!

I would let Chico loose on the walking bridge so he can run freely on his own but one evening Chico was over friendly.
Charles 04_07_05 048
He began jumping on three police officers who were patrolling on their mountain Bikes.

They told me that I could have a $50 fine because Chico wasn’t on his leash.

We walked on the North side and went home by the Westermorland Bridge. The sidewalks are surrounded by big pillars I let Chico loose on the bridge.

One evening, I bumped into a man who was pulling a small wagon with a year old child in tow. Chico was getting tired so he quickly jumped into the wagon and
laid down beside the child.

The Father was laughing so he asked me – What should I do? I told the guy to
continue on his way and Chico would jump off once he sees I’m gone.

After the bridge, I once again let him loose in the Parking lot I quickly lost sight of Chico. A couple was cleaning their van and Chico jumped in the Van ready to go for a ride with the strangers.

Chico hates it once I begin a conversation with someone on the street. You can tell by the look on his face, he wants to continue walking.

Afterwards, Chico is totally exhausted after the long walk? Once at home, he quickly makes a run for his water and food.

I have an automatic leash and I noticed that not everyone likes Dogs.

On one occasion, I walked inside the Liquor Store and it was around 9:00pm. Chico began to jump at the end of his leash towards a guy who was full of steroids. The guy quickly yelled- OH MY GOD??? He turned as white as a Ghost or the time he playfully
jumped on a child near the Saint Cinnamon restaurant.
charles-2

The father shouted in French - GET THAT DOG AWAY FROM MY CHILD!!!He was very ignorant towards poor Chico.

On many occasion, Chico would notice a older citizen or a lonely individual sitting on a bench and he would bring a smile to their face.

On another occasion, the kids stole his toys from home and Chico was lost without his toys so he decided to play with his tail. My God? Round and round he went
biting his tail.

For a second, I thought he needed some Ritalin.

He wasn’t done because one evening he quickly escape from the House. Once we noticed Chico was gone, everyone in the area began a hunt for Chico.

We couldn’t locate Chico and everyone was sad. A few hours later, a good somatherian found Chico on a lease outside of a home. I guess an old Lady found Chico in the middle of the street and he almost got hit by a vehicle.


Before we cut his hair? He couldn’t see two feet in front of him.

After an exciting day and evening, Chico lays done beside me in bed and begins to snore.
Charles 04_07_05 087
Even when he sleeps? He loves to be the center of attention. What a dog!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charles,
The fact that a newspaper decided against publishing your "column" has absolutely nothing to do with your incessant accusations against the company. It has nothing to do with the degree of devotion you may or may not have to any particular empire. Rather, their decision should encourage you to write more clearly, and pehaps about things that matter. Your dog is not, in my humble opinion, worthy of this reader's attention.

And I must say that your comparison between the Irving dynasty and Adolph Hitler and Nazism is completely unfounded. I can't say I respect the Irving media empire, but your comparison is an insult to those who suffered the atrocities of the Second World War. I don't know where you get off.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I said the same thing to the Senate committee in Moncton a few months ago and I stand by my story! Once the Irvings denies people freedom of speech? Then we got a problem!!! Go read my speech to the Senate on the front page of this blog site! I wrote 500 letters to the editor < printed > and suddenly they put a stop to it! Old Germany all over again? You tell me???? Sorry,,,you already did!!!

Anonymous said...

Again Charles, I must say that trivializing Nazism is an attack on the dignity of all Jewish people. You may feel that the Irvings are limiting your freedom by not publishing your "column," however, I don't think they're shipping you off to a concentration camp to be staved or gassed to death. You have gone too far, I must say, on far too many occasions. I demand an apology. Not to the Irvings, but to all the people who have been touched by the atrocoties committed in World War II.
I am disgusted by your inexorable ignorance.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Aagain...you are missing the facts and I will not apologizes!!! Letters to the ediror is suppose to be the Voice of the People and not the Voice of the Irvings! Read your history books! Once Hitler took power he control the media and the same action is happening here....It is not Hiiii Hitler but Hiiii Irving! I said the same statement to the Senate in Moncton. Go on the front blog and read my speech to the Senate. No one is talking about people being executed here...I am only concern of my freedom of speech!!!! Need I to say more????

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

THIS IS MY SPEECH TO THE SENATE ABOUT THE IRVINGS MONOPOLY NEWSPAPERS IN N.B!!!
Many of you asked me what happened at the Senate hearing in Moncton???

Well? Guess what? I received this email a few days ago from Ottawa!!! I was surprised they would write every words of my little speech on April 21st!

Now? You must read this with a French accent and it wasn’t written before hand. I only had 4 minutes and I was not amused. I spoke from what was on my mind.

Let me warn in advance? Be prepared for a straight forward Anti Irving little speech! Enjoy nut I missed a lot of issues!

I might add that none of my presentation was printed in any of the Irving's Newspapers! I wonder why??...lol


Mr. Charles LeBlanc, As an individual:

I just want to apologize. I am what you call a blogger, so I was in and out on the computer down the hallway. There are hundred people in the information Highway who want to know what is going on in here?.

I have a point of concern before I start.


I made a phone call about a month ago or two months ago, I said that I wanted to make a presentation.

In the past, I made presentations in front of standing committees in New Brunswick.

They told me yesterday I only have four minutes.

I was disallowed to make a presentation like everybody else. Could you tell me why?

The Chairman: Essentially, sir, the problem is we only have a little over a day and a half. We would like to have more; we would like to have a week, but we do not.

Mr. LeBlanc: Who chooses these people?

The Chairman: The Steering Committee of the Transport and Communications Committee has spent a long time looking at all the long list of witnesses, and I am very sorry if you feel you have not been treated justly, but we are doing the best we can.

Mr. LeBlanc: I just wanted to go on record because I was told this morning that B.C. has four minutes, and also New Brunswick. You cannot compare the population of New Brunswick to B.C. I mean there is more media, there are more newspapers in B.C. than here. Here we have a major problem because we only have one major owner.
But I have ADHD, attention deficit hyperactive disorder. I like to take my time on issues, but this morning I apologize for the way I am. I hitchhiked a ride from Fredericton. Sorry, I should take my hat off, but I hitchhiked from Fredericton to be here. So I just want to go on record that I have been, as the Senator from Sackville knows, that I have been very outspoken. I am the most outspoken citizen in this province for this issue. So what I will try to do, I would like to relax so I can concentrate on the issue at hand, but I have four minutes.


The Chairman: I will give you five minutes, how is that?


Mr. LeBlanc: Thank you very much.


The Chairman: Because you hitchhiked all the way here.


Mr. LeBlanc: I hitchhiked, yes, and believe me, I had to listen to two drivers who were complaining about what I am talking about. They agree with me 100 per cent.
Okay, here we go and I will try to put everything that I can. I hate to rush, but when I was told yesterday four minutes, I said, “Oh my God, that is almost impossible.”

I was born in Memramcook. I lived in Saint John for 18 years.

I have worked at the Irving Shipyard, and I am now living in Fredericton.

I started to write letters to the editor l’Évangéline, that is a French paper, and I enjoy writing.

I enjoy spreading my views with other people. I have a column in the River Valley News.

It has not been Irving bought yet, maybe, I do not know why? Maybe it’s because the Irvings knows what is going on through this paper.

That is why they are not buying it. I am allowed to write anything I want. I will leave you a copy.

It is a bi-weekly paper that is NOT owned by Irving.

During the frigate program, I was very well-known in Saint John to write my letters to the editor.

I wrote and got printed 500 letters to the editor. Not too many people in this province can say that.

If I wrote letters supporting the Irvings, they would turn around and say, “Oh, what a suck-up.” If I wrote against them, they would say, “Hey, don’t you know who your boss is?”

Well, on both sides, I could have vent, but I had the right to condemn the Irvings, had the right to praise the Irvings.

Then the Telegraph Journal, then something happened, I was working for a company, then I had a protest going on in front of the Golden Ball and the next thing you know there was a story in the Evening Times Globe stating that Charles LeBlanc was fired three times.

That was not true, and they allowed me to write a little letter to the editor, but the damage had already been done by Saint Johners to know the truth.

That is how the Irvings run it.

We heard a lot about Jamie Irving.

Jamie Irving is a nice kid.

I met Jamie, a very nice guy.

When I found out he was the editor, the publisher of the King’s County Record -- I am talking fast because I only have four minutes, I am trying, there are some many issues -- when I found out that Jamie was the publisher of the King’s County Record, I said “Okay, he is a good kid.”

Then I walked by through McAllister Place and then I saw a used picture on the King’s County Record, “J.D. Irving Sawmill record production.”

On the front page of the King’s County Record, that should have been in the workplace.

What was it doing on the front page of the King’s County Record that J.D. Irving Sawmill produced record products?

Then there was a big pollution spill in West Saint John on Christmas day. I wrote a letter to the editor about it. It was denied.

So I do not know what was going on? There were changes made. I made a complaint to the Atlantic Press Council and what happened, Ken Simms from Halifax was surprised once I told him I wrote 500 letters to the editor.

He said “500?” “My God,” he said “there is a procedure here. Then suddenly they stop. We will investigate this.”

So Peter Haggard, he is from Ontario, he is the publisher of the Telegraph Journal.

He called me and he told me, “We will not print critical letters of the Irvings by former employees.” So I turned around and I said, “Okay, so that means if there are 6,000 people in the shipyard that are former employees, they cannot write letters in the paper.”

Then, Rob Link from the Evening Times Globe, I wrote a letter, he told me, “We have to investigate what you wrote.” I said, “Investigate? I wrote 500 letters to the editor. Why do you suddenly have to investigate?”

In the summer of year 2003, Peter Haggard from the Telegraph Journal, wrote a column and told the readers, “We will only print one letter by one writer on any issues once a month.”

So I was shocked.

Now, they are stopping people from writing letters to the paper?

Three weeks later they announced that Saint John ShipBuilding was closed.

So, those three regular writers that wrote about the shipyard, they had their say, then they had to wait a whole month.

I mean, that is not right.

New Brunswickers’ rights are being denied, and that is what I am very concerned about.

In the summer of 2003, I decided to set up a tent in front of the legislature and I was protesting against the use of Ritalin for ADHD, stopping young kids, five years old, from being forced on these drugs, and next thing you know, it took 50 days for the press, the Daily Gleaner, to cover this story.

The Irving press never covered this story.

We are not talking about a tent that was in a cow field. On parle pas de une tente dans un parc a vache?

It was in front of the legislature.

The citizens of Fredericton -- I am sorry I am talking so fast, I am just going fast -- the citizens of Fredericton were wondering, “How come we have never seen this in the Gleaner?”

It took 50 days.

So what happened, suddenly, they stole my tent.

To make a long story short, I got good coverage at the end, but it took 50 days.


I turned around and came here to Champlain Place to collect names for my petition.

I collected 10,000 signatures and the Acadians, les Acadiens, they knew who I was because l’Acadie Nouvelle covered this story totally.

The Moncton Transcript, they never did. The English side. See, this is what I am talking about.

The Chairman: I do not like having to cut anybody off.

Mr. LeBlanc: It is a damn shame.

The Chairman: I do not like it; we do not like it. But you are not the only one that we need to hear from.


Mr. LeBlanc: No, I made a presentation.


Senator Trenholme Counsell: Mr. LeBlanc, I think there is no doubt that in the end you have made a very important point about Ritalin and ADHD, but your main frustration in this case, and I do not want to go back regarding your employment with the Irvings and all those other things. I know you as a person who has taken a very strong and valid and important position on ADHD. Do you feel satisfied in the end? It is like Terry Fox, you do not get recognition right away. Do you feel now that you have achieved your goal?


Mr. LeBlanc: No, I understand your question, but like I said, I had to speak so fast.

It had nothing to do if I reached my goal on Ritalin. My goal for freedom of speech, that is the problem.

When you have Frank McKenna come to me when I was protesting, I met him in Fredericton, I have known him for a long time, he came to me and he said, “Charles, how come we have not seen any letters from you lately?”

It is the freedom of speech.

I do not want to compare the Irvings to this province to Germany.

We do not go around and execute people.

But do not forget, when Hitler took power, he took power of the media.

The media here, they call it Brunswick News, It’s call Irving News.

I mean, my issue of Ritalin, okay, did I succeed? I do not know, but this is not the point.

The point is to have people, New Brunswickers, be allowed the freedom of speech and they are denied big time.

Like I said, I wish I could have made my presentation in whole.

We were talking about advertising. I heard one person from the Telegraph Journal say, “If you do not pay your bills, we own all the newspapers.” The Senate, this committee must - see, I am just trying to answer a question and trying to get some more comments in here.

Quickly, the Irvings gave St. Thomas University $1 million to study journalism, to train journalists. Why did the Irvings give $1 million to St. Thomas and l’Université de Moncton? These people, when they go out, they are not going to write critical stories of the Irvings.

Look, it is freedom of speech.


The Chairman: Mr. LeBlanc, I am going to give Senator Munson a chance to ask a question if he wants, but I am also going to ask you please, because we are running out of time, but you do a blog so, you know how to do email. Could you send us a letter outlining your difficulties? In the meantime, I will undertake tomorrow, when we have representatives of Brunswick News here, to ask if they have a written policy on letters to the editor.


Senator Munson: If there is another message you want to give us, I would certainly accept that. I would throw out the easy question for you if you missed one or two things in a minute or so.


Mr. LeBlanc: I really appreciate that.

One thing that I was concerned of is that during the 1997 federal election, J.K. Irving wrote a letter to the editor and it was printed on the front page. I did not know what was going on, but maybe it was good because Paul Zed lost. Maybe that is why he lost because J.K. Irving told the public to vote for his son-in-law, but we will never know. The question is still there.

I was allowed a week later to condemn J.K. in his letters to the editor, and I have seen him face to face and trust me, he just looked at me and said, “I own the paper and I will put the damn letter anywhere I want to.”

But anyhow, that is his point. But the bottom line is, personally I respect the Irvings.

I respect J.K. Jack, Arthur, Kenneth and Jamie but James???

James Irving, J.K. Irving’s son, is totally out of control.

He’s like Mr. Burns on the Simpsons. “I will crush you with my bare hands.”


The Chairman: Thank you, Mr. LeBlanc. You made your point for us here.


Mr. LeBlanc: My blog is Charles LeBlanc, ADHD.


The Chairman: Thanks very much.
(French follows - continuing with The Chairman -- J’invite ...)


# posted by Charles LeBlanc @ 8:51 PM
Comments:
Wow, read your presentation to the senate committee..
a picture of the tasmanian devil came into my head..
Spinning, rushing, trying to get in as much information as possible
into a
short period of time..lol
Good jub..
# posted by Anonymous : 10:35 PM

I just read your speach the speach that you made to the Commitee, I thing that you did a heck of a good job and it takes a lot of strength to do that regardless if you have ADHD or not, Jolly good job Charles I think that you did alright. Take care and all the best.

YOur friend,

Michael G McKay.
# posted by Michael McKay : 12:18 AM

Well? Thank you very much...
# posted by Charles LeBlanc : 12:46 AM

Very good and you certainly had alot of words for 5 minutes. You talk
faster then you type..lol. Very Good!
# posted by Anonymous : 9:25 AM

Its all there and you were able to bring forward that many issues in 5 minutes. Anything is possible and you have proven that from hitchhiking a drive there to your speach which was very good since you didn't even have one written down. Nothing wrong with your brain thats for sure! Who said that you were limited? I would say that you are unlimited!
# posted by Anonymous : 11:24 AM

Those raicst members of the New Brunswick Human Rights Commission told the Government after a meeting held behind close doors that Aults with ADHD are limited!!!

Stay tune for more on this Racist Commission once Tim Smith id gone home!! < If he does?>
# posted by Charles LeBlanc : 5:02 PM

charles, i need you give me the email address of the senate committee. i have a little letter i want to send and i will share it with you blog site. will it go online if i email charles leblanc adhd.com
# posted by Anonymous : 10:58 AM

Email me at

oldmaison@yahoo.com

You can email your views before May 30th at

AGOSTM@SEN.PARL.GC.CA

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

After much heavy reading your blog provided just the right amount of fun. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

Love the fun blog, came across it while having a break. Ta.

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

Love the fun blog, came across it while having a break. Ta.

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

Your opinion is worth noting, thank you.