Thursday, June 02, 2005

TIM SMITH HAS A QUESTION FOR BEV HARRISON!!

?? THE QUESTION I HAVE IS THIS ??

On the day after I ended my protest against the Lord Government for exploitation of addictive behavior through Video Lottery Machines strewn about in our communities and the destruction this causes.
Tim, May 4, 2005



I wanted to go into the legislature to say my good-byes and thank a number of Liberal MLA’s as well as a couple of Conservative MLA’s but upon entering the front entrance Security notified The Sergeant at Arm’s office from there I was told I would have to leave the premises immediately.

The Sergeant at arms said the Speaker of the House left word with him that I was not to be in the Legislature.

He said to come back in about a half hour and he would have it cleared up by then but upon arrival again there was some confusion about whether or not I was allowed in the building?

I was told to wait outside the front entrance until someone speaks to the Speaker of the House.

After about 20 minutes or so Security came to let me know I could now come inside but was restricted to the Gallery only.

Now my problem with this situation is this – The first time I had protested outside the Legislature in January of this year I was invited to listen to arguments on the floor of the House on the issue of vlt’s by members of the opposition ( Liberal as well as NDP )
May 4-2005-T-1
I was also allowed to store my bag of personal belongings in the House of Opposition It was also determined at that time I was no threat to any person.

I used my manners and did not speak out of turn nor did I ever raise my voice or swear I was considered by members of the House and Security to be a very approachable and well behaved individual.

On my final day of protest I was free to roam throughout the Legislator with no restrictions set upon me what so ever (Library, Cafeteria, Gallery, Sgt.at arms Office etc.)

I remained there for most of that day talking to members of the house as well as some reporters that were moving about within the lobby.

My question would be to the Speaker of the House as to why I was treated the way I was on my second trip to the Legislator?

Also on what basis did he make the determination that I was not to enter the Legislative Assembly Building?

Isn't the House for the people of New Brunswick?

My protest had ended the previous day and I was certainly not a threat to any persons there and so have no choice but to believe the Speaker of the House being
a Conservative member of the Lord Governing Party must have decided to take a personal grudge against my character to do what he has done in this regard and therefore with no justifiable means to support the decision he took by barring me from the Legislature on that day do hereby ask that he grant a Public
apology.

Timothy Smith
Saint John N.B.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck,It sounds like he has been done an injustice by Mr.Harris but after all this is the Conservatives we're talking about at the end of the day it is common practice for this sort of action by this group. He may be a long time in waiting for an apology of any kind.
The Conservatives owe alot of them so go to the end of the line you will hear alot of reasons for what he has done but none will have any truth to it.

Anonymous said...

Thats a terrible story but it matches the Convervatives portfolio. We have to get rid of those scumballs, thats all there is to it. We have had too many bad years with this government not to remember what they did and who they did it for! Keep up the fight Tim because you and others are worth it!

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you are still around was wondering what had happened? but Tim I think this falls under the two words you loved to use to discribe the Conservatives when you were here,Arrogance & Ignorance If this did in fact happen to you then yes an apology or at least an explanation on why Bev Harrison took the measures that he did would help explain the differance on why you were treated in that manner.

Anonymous said...

Let me first say that Tim Smith is a better man than any of these clowns who call themselves provincial government. Tim Smith believes in a cause and was willing to give his life for it. Hats off to Tim Smith. None of these clowns are any equal to Tim Smith. Do you think anyone one of them has any cause whatsoever, including Lord, other than self-serving motives? Not only these clowns should apologize but do the right thing and bow out and leave the building, People’s House. They do not deserve or qualify to be there.

Not allowing a peaceful and outstanding gentleman like Tim Smith in People’s House is absolutely shocking. Then nothing should shock us about Lord and his government. Lord is arrogant and ignorant man and so is his government.

You should hear these jackasses talk in the legislature. Lord and the other idiots in his cabinet so often say, “ this is people’s house”, “we are doing such and such as for the people and people elected us to do such and such”. Bullsh*t. The hypocrisy of these jackasses is unbearable.

If they are honest they will say “ we did our best to screw the people of this province, if we have spared anyone in this respect let us know and we will screw them too. To do that we will lie and deceive as often as we can.” That is the real immature, ignorant Bernard Lord and the government he heads.

In the name of security Lord and government have built walls every where to keep the people of this province out. It looks Lord has posted everywhere in government buildings and legislature telling public to stay away you are not allowed or welcomed here. Is this democratic government? By not any stretch of imagination. This government is desecrating our values as free society and desecrating People’s House (legislature) and other government buildings, which belong to people as well.

This is the most incompetent government in the history of NB. It is doing too much damage and sooner we get rid of it better for New Brunswick.

Anonymous said...

Charlie is Tim back on line? I've tried his email connection to this site about eight days ago and it didn't connect?Is he active on any level or still online?Also are you still in contact with him and do the two of you have any future plans on the issue of vlt's,I have been periodically checking this site for updates but have not seen anything new? Please reply.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Tim is back on line and he checks this website a few times a day! Do you have a message for Tim? Leave it right here. As a matter of fact? I'm going down to Saint John this weekend to meet with Tim!!!

Anonymous said...

That should be interesting to say the least,two brainstormers one solution sounds adventurous for shore.
To the earlier comment I emailed his address posted here and it sent without a problem so it is working I know tim is working on some ideas for this summer I don;t know how it's going but knowing him he will find solutions and avenues to go through,As for this story I know Tim very well and I couldn't think of a single reason for why this government would have treated him in this manner and I strongly urge an open apology from Mr.Harrison whether it was a mix-up or other should be served with an explanation.
Good job guys keep it up!

Anonymous said...

If Pope were to find out that Lord Government refuses to do anything about indiscriminate use of Ritalin which may cause the death of some children and if the Pope were to find out that Lord Government is dragging its feet on VLTs which not only is hurting addicts but their families and children then the Pope may condemn Lord government

You know what after such condemnation Pope will become a security risk under Lord government and may not be allowed to enter New Brunswick. That is the way Bernard Lord’s brain works.

Anonymous said...

WOW Thank you to all I see people are still following this issue I have been having computer problems but things are slowly coming together again.
I will be posting a letter of appreciation for those who went over and above their duties to make my stay in Fredericton very comfortable this time around they certainly deserve to have their names mentioned and my thanks are immence also my e-mail is working again so if you would like to contact me with a note or story please do so I would like that and will get back to you right away my address is on this site near the bottom but here it is thsmith@nb.sympatico.ca I will be putting a couple of stories together very shortly and I have to confirm with a person who has volanteered to help try to put a N.B. site together hopeful it will work/Again thank-you all very much the encouragement means alot to me--Tim

Anonymous said...

Bev Harrison is but one cog in the wheel of Lord government. The whole wheel is rusted and rotted. Sooner we replace it better it is.

Anonymous said...

The biggest problem with the Provincial Conservative Party is they are becoming like their federal bunch they have 75% of members who have an ear for the voters but the other 25% of them have mouths that never stop getting themselves into hot water by shouting their own personal views instead of the the concerns of the people who put them there,And it is destroying the entire party in question you would think they would learn from their near extinct existance in the past but like the party and Mr.lord Himself you give them a slap on the hand to remind them you will no longer tolerate this behavior and it seems to get worst like an out-of-control adelesant who's gotten upset for being set back on the straight and narrow

Anonymous said...

Tim maybe your suggestions where to down to earth and commonly simplistic with no complications involved and your popularity with most of the opposition and reporters were too much for the lord group to handle so this time they thought maybe they would steal some of your happiness since there was none for them no since having a happy camper on the government campus leave it to the bernard factor to burst the bubble of happiness for the common folk. Good for you!!

Anonymous said...

I have a question I noticed nobody has asked yet,What ever happen to the pennies that were raised on the lawn of the Legeslater and put on the Conservatives steps?I'm looking at the picture in front of me from the Telegraph Journal,Do you suppose Mr.Lord took them home?