Thursday, September 22, 2005

I WAS IN THAT AREA IN 1978!!!

mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com

I just received a lot of flash back from hearing about Hurricane Rita hitting Galveston, Texas.

I was in that area in 1978. I rode my ten speed from Beaumont to Liberty and Houston.

I went out of my way and peddled to Galveston. You should have seen the huge breaking wall they had down there. They're huge! I remember the huge oil refinery located in that area.

The refinery in Saint John is just a little village compare to these giant refineries in Texas!!!

I rode my bike on the cost till Freeport and droved by the NASA headquarters near Houston. Located South of Houston.

It was beautiful riding the bicycle on the cost but it sure won't be nice in a few hours from now? God Bless them all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have been praying those people in Galveston and Houston!! My son's girlfriend has friend's in Houston and her Mother,,,brother's ,,,,Aunt and Uncle and Grandma live just north about 60-70 miles north of Houston ,,,,in the country...My son's brought me gifts from Galveston>>>>a seashell necklace...and a pottery,,, (owl shaped) with glued tiny sea shells on in....It is the form of an owl.....Angel loves the people there....and I love my son's girlfriend...>almost like my own daughter....>so I really prayed for them, down there!!! >for God to slow the hurricane,,, down and turn it eastward!