Thursday, December 08, 2005

An email from a stranger.

mystery

I received a lot of emails and I will admit that not all are praising views.

B this little note really touch me. It's supports like this that really keeps me going forward in my battles...

Here's the email-


Dec. 8 2005

Dear Mr. LeBlanc,

What an amazing blog/web site you have!!

I met you way back at some rally in Saint John, I can't remember where or when.

You're charming, I wish you would run in a civic election or provincial/federal election, I feel you'd win in a landslide!

I always love it when you call in to Talk of the Town.

I heard you this morning.

Your topics are darn interesting all the time.

I couldn't help but hear you say a couple of months ago on there that the Irvings have blocked your e-mails from entering the newspaper.

That's awful.

I suppose it wouldn't even help you to conjure up another hotmail e-mail address of some sort, you'd still have to sign your name...

I miss your letters to the paper here. Too bad Irving has a monopoly on it.

I'm a philantropist myself, I have assisted dozens of needy people and children.

You must put a ton of work into your blog sight, this is the first time I've been on it today, I just heard on Talk of the Town this morning to do the search engine thing to find you, so I did just that.

I'm not sure where you're living at now, Fredericton, I think?? I'm sorry you left Saint John.

We need more people like you around here, now we have no one that speaks out the way that you did.

If there is anything I can ever do for you, please do not hesitate to e-mail.

Heaven's knows, you've sure paid your dues to the people of Saint John.

Like you pointed out on your blog today, a very sore point with me as well is that there is no live announcers on our radio after a certain time in the evening and that is pathetic in this day and age!!

I thought that new Rogers FM radio station was going to be ok for awhile (with Tom Young), until I was listening to it one week and they had Tom Young's "middle of the week show on"..it was Sunday, for God's sake.

So obviously that was old recorded stuff to fill up the hour.

What we REALLY need is a 24/7 LIVE talk/call-in show on the radio. If someone would come up with this, I think they'd make a fortune in advertising.

Play a tune or two if there are no callers at any given time....Insomniacs like me could listen to it all night.

Anyway, Mr. LeBlanc, I don't mean to take any more of your time.

I just wanted you to know that there are a LOT of us out there who REALLY appreciate your work and now that I've discovered your blog site, that too. But a lot of us in Saint John know that you, for many years, have been fighting the government for various rights that you believe in.

I admire and respect your opinions as do many others who usually remain silent or for whatever reason, are shy, or maybe do not have access to the internet or are not computer literate.

Please keep up the terrific work that you are doing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great Charles and congratulations on the Compliment you received.

Also very glad to see someone took the time to pay you a compliment for a change, instead of complaining all the time, about what you write.

And what you are doing with your blog site, to give the people a place to vent and post their many various opinions and so forth.

Sometimes all the money in the world in my personal opinion only, all the money in the world, cannot buy the feeling a Little Compliment can lift one's spirit and keep their will Strong and Burning, to keep doing, what their doing.

Again Congrats